Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links or search box below to find your way around.
TG Forum Policy
As a member of this TG Forum, you have the right to voice your opinions and views on the topics we cover. You also have the right to disagree with official TG positions and the opinions of other Forum members. However, because TG forums are "public" spaces, a few basic rules of the road are necessary and you will be held accountable for your actions.
TG Forum - Rules of the Road
1. As a TG Forum member, you will act at all times in a responsible, respectful, and professional manner.
2. ABUSIVE behavior will get you banned immediately and permanently; no second chance-NO EXCEPTIONS. And, hey... we all know what abusive behavior is, right?
3. Treat other Forum members with the same honesty, tact, courtesy, and respect that you would want from them. If you're into self-abuse, go someplace else.
4. If you claim to be an adult, act like it. No flames, no threats, no profanity, no bullying If you wouldn't say or write it to your mother, don't do it here.
5. Please Don't Threaten. It doesn't work; it simply shows how childish you are. And if you persist in threatening any person or organization in this Forum, we just might turn your information over to the authorities in the hope that they can gently help you better understand acceptable online behavior.
6. If you can't separate your emotions from your Forum contributions, go take a long walk or cold shower (or several) and then come back when you can think and contribute responsibly.
7. If you aren't yet an adult ( age 13-18 ), there's no time like the present to learn fast how to behave properly in a public forum. TG adheres to Federal regulations concerning anyone under the age of 13 - no membership, no posting without parental or legal guardian consent. Sorry.
8. Stay on topic! We're not here to discuss politics, religion, race, gender, war & peace, or any of a million other worthy subjects. Keep it short.
9. Consider these "rules for success":
a. Control your own destiny or someone else will.
b. Face reality as it is, not as it was or as you wish it would be.
c. Be candid, tactful, and polite with everyone, especially those you don't agree with.
d. Change before you have to.
This Policy is Required Because:
1. Abusive behavior in online forums is a very real and growing concern for every organization that has a Web presence. Real people have been hurt (sometimes with devastating and even fatal consequences) because of abusive posts. TG does not have to tolerate such behavior and we won't. As in other forums, you have NO "free-speech" rights in TG forums.
2. The potential for child abuse and other illegal practices unfortunately exists in any online forum. TG will cooperate fully and without reservation with the authorities to identify any such activity.
3. To combat abusive posting, ALL TG forums are monitored and members are required to identify themselves by their REAL name. Anonymous posting is not allowed. IP addresses and other appropriate information are logged and retained in accordance with state and Federal regulations.
4. For the present, all Forum posts must be in the English language, others will be deleted. As soon as possible, we intend to actively support other major languages, and hope to provide limited translation resources where we can. Please be patient.
5. These kinds of "rules of the road" have been adopted by many organizations to help safeguard their forum members and they reflect the evolving norms of acceptable online community behavior.
So, What Does This Mean To You?
Obey the law. Don't post any information or conduct any online activity that may violate applicable local, state, or federal laws or regulations.
Behave. If you claim to be an adult, act like one. You may be angry. You may have a legitimate (or imaginary) grievance against TG or another Forum member. Or you may simply be listening much too much to all those voices in your head.
Whatever your motivation for posting a comment or reply to a TG Forum, don't get the notion that your fear or anger gives you the right to abuse, insult, or brow-beat any individual. It does not. You will be ejected immediately, and when you’re out, you’re out permanently.
Anyone can make a mistake-once, but if your behavior is consistently and palpably malicious, you will be banned from TG forums and competitions. Neither TG nor its Forum members will tolerate bullying, threatening, or abusive behavior.
Keep comments on topic - any comment that appears to be off-topic will be edited or more likely just deleted. Focus, please. And think about posting concisely... less is more. Don't waste your time on a long-winded exposition; nobody's going to read it anyway.
You must register for our forums using your real name and a validated email address.
Misrepresenting your identity will get you banned from TG forums.
Other than for the usual law enforcement exceptions, we will not post or share your email address or any other private information. Your full name is not considered private information and can be used for the purpose of score recognition and other Twin Galaxies site functions.
External linking - A few external links are ok, if they are relevant to the original post and to your comments. No linking to illegal, offensive, porn, or gambling sites. No links to any inappropriate or offensive material; no upload, post, email or otherwise transmission of any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. You already know this, right?
Profanity - Moderately colorful language is allowed-we are after all gamers, but we consider blatant profanity offensive and we will delete it. And to paraphrase the US Supreme Court, we may not be able to define profanity, but we know it when we see it. This includes profane, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, obscene or sexually explicit language or comments.
Personal attacks - personal attacks on anyone will result in an immediate and permanent ban. This includes libelous comments and persistent misstatements of fact or threats against others. And to remind you, threats of physical violence are still against the law in most places on this planet.
Copyright and Trademark Laws - Willfully violating copyright or trademark laws will result in being banned from the forum. Federal laws (DCMA) are strict; so don't post material that you don't own.
Impersonation of any person or entity, including, but not limited to falsely stating or otherwise misrepresent an affiliation with a person or entity will result in being banned from the forum.
TG's Responsibility - While we encourage comments that challenge or offer constructed criticism, we reserve the right to edit or remove any post, for any reason.
By accessing “Twin Galaxies Forums” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Twin Galaxies Forums”, “//twingalaxies.com/forum.php”), you agree to be legally bound by the following and above terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “Twin Galaxies Forums”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “Twin Galaxies Forums” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Twin Galaxies Forums” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently suspended, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Twin Galaxies Forums” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, “Twin Galaxies Forums” shall NOT be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
Additional Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Twin Galaxies, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
1. Your TwinGalaxies.com Account and Blog. If you create a blog on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and blog, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the blog. You must not describe or assign keywords to your blog in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Twin Galaxies may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Twin Galaxies liability. You must immediately notify Twin Galaxies of any unauthorized uses of your blog, your account or any other breaches of security. Twin Galaxies will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
2. Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a blog, comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, upload a video game score performance video or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
◦ the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
◦ if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
◦ you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
◦ the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
◦ the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
◦ the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
◦ your blog is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
◦ your blog is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
◦ you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Twin Galaxies or otherwise.
3. By submitting Content to Twin Galaxies for inclusion on TwinGalaxies.com, you grant Twin Galaxies a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, sell and publish the Content for the purpose of displaying, distributing or promoting any and all Twin Galaxies initiatives or interests across all known media types in perpetuity for the rest of time. If you delete Content, Twin Galaxies is under no obligation to permanently remove it from the Website or its archives. Additionally, Twin Galaxies has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Twin Galaxies’ sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Twin Galaxies’ reasonable opinion, violates any Twin Galaxies policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Twin Galaxies’ sole discretion. Twin Galaxies will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
4. Responsibility of Website Visitors. Twin Galaxies has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Twin Galaxies does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Twin Galaxies disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
5. Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material made available through the websites and webpages to which TwinGalaxies.com links, and that link to TwinGalaxies.com. Twin Galaxies does not have any control over those websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Twin Galaxies owned website or webpage, Twin Galaxies does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Twin Galaxies disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Twin Galaxies owned websites and webpages.
6. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Twin Galaxies asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by TwinGalaxies.com violates copyright, you are encouraged to notify Twin Galaxies. Twin Galaxies will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Twin Galaxies will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Twin Galaxies or others. In the case of such termination, Twin Galaxies will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Twin Galaxies.
7. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Twin Galaxies to you any Twin Galaxies or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Twin Galaxies. Twin Galaxies, TwinGalaxies.com, the TwinGalaxies.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with TwinGalaxies.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Twin Galaxies or Twin Galaxies’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Twin Galaxies or third-party trademarks.
8. Advertisements. Twin Galaxies reserves the right to display advertisements on your blog and throughout the website.
9. Attribution. Twin Galaxies reserves the right to display attribution links such as ‘Blog at TwinGalaxies.com,’ theme author, and font attribution in your blog footer or toolbar. Footer credits and other TwinGalaxies.com branding may not be altered or removed.
10. Changes. Twin Galaxies reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement at any time. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Twin Galaxies may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website. Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
11. Termination. Twin Galaxies may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your TwinGalaxies.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
12. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Twin Galaxies and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Twin Galaxies nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
13. Limitation of Liability. In no event will Twin Galaxies, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Twin Galaxies under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Twin Galaxies shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
15. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Twin Galaxies, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, or any content you have provided, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Twin Galaxies and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Twin Galaxies, or by the posting by Twin Galaxies of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of California, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in the Central District of California if in federal court, or in Los Angeles County if in state court.. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Los Angeles, California, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Twin Galaxies may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Twin Galaxies we have a few fundamental principles:
• We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
• We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our service, or protect our rights.
• We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of our services.
• We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what’s visible to the public, seen by search engines, kept private, and permanently deleted.
Twin Galaxies LLC. (“Twin Galaxies”) operates several websites including, TwinGalaxies.com and TwinGalaxiesLive.com. It is Twin Galaxies’ policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, Twin Galaxies collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Twin ‘ purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Twin Galaxies’ visitors use its website. From time to time, Twin Galaxies may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Twin Galaxies also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on TwinGalaxies.com blogs. Twin Galaxies only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Twin Galaxies’ websites choose to interact with Twin Galaxies in ways that require Twin Galaxies to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Twin Galaxies gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for an account at TwinGalaxies.com to provide a username and email address and sometime phone number. Those who engage in transactions with Twin Galaxies – are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Twin Galaxies collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Twin Galaxies. Twin Galaxies does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Twin Galaxies may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Twin Galaxies may monitor the most popular blogs or forum posts on the TwinGalaxies.com site or use spam screened by a spam control service to help identify spam. Twin Galaxies may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Twin Galaxies does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Twin Galaxies discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Twin Galaxies’ behalf or to provide services available at Twin Galaxies’ websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Twin Galaxies’ websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Twin Galaxies will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Twin Galaxies discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Twin Galaxies believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Twin Galaxies, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of a Twin Galaxies website and have supplied your email address, Twin Galaxies may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Twin Galaxies and our products. We expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Twin Galaxies takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If Twin Galaxies, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Twin Galaxies goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Twin Galaxies may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Comments and other content submitted to our selected anti-spam service are not saved on our servers unless they were marked as false positives, in which case we store them long enough to use them to improve the service to avoid future false positives.