thread

Star Wars Trilogy - New World Record

User Tag List

1. Guest Credibility: 0

Star Wars Trilogy - New World Record

Hello fellow gamers:

Not sure if I posted this yet, but the new "Star Wars Trilogy" record is a whopping 3,612,600 points set by Ken Towne from Ohio, USA.

Ken's tape was co-verified by my consultant on the title, "Crazy Taxi" champion JC Padilla, as being on the proper settings and all.

Ken's previous personal best was about 30K higher but was not caught on tape. But in this performance, he missed two enemies in the Ewok stage and lost about 40K in bonus points, so 3.65-3.66M is even possible.

I am anxiously awaiting his submission form and then will enter the score into the database.

Congratulations, Ken, for really raising the bar on this one to heights never before thought possible !!

Robert
  2. VERIFIED Junior Member Credibility: 1,003
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Does anybody know where I can see the original tape for this? thanks!
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 17,786
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: starcrytas
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas DeNyse View Post
    Unless the gamer has a copy of their performance and can post it on the Internet, most, if not all, of the tapes and dvds the original referees from the past versions of TG are, to my knowledge, no where to be found and cannot be accessed.
    Thanks Nicholas DeNyse thanked this post
  4. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,218
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Unfortunately this tape was turned over to a TG representative, via an intermediary, way back in November of 2007. What has happened to that tape since is anyone's guess.
    Thanks Nicholas DeNyse thanked this post
  5. VERIFIED Junior Member Credibility: 1,003
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Do you know the name of said representative or how to contact him?
  6. Junior Member Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas DeNyse View Post

I'd also like to see it
  7. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,218
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Did not see the last two posts until now as I have not been monitoring the thread since my last reply.

Elsewhere in the TG forum I documented the "chain of custody transfer" of all VHS tapes/documentation and other hard-copy electronic medium submissions from myself to an intermediary after I left TG on Dec19/06.

To recap, after 8+ months of Walter not making any effort to re-obtain custody of the tapes other than expecting me to pack up what amounted to boxes the size of a refrigerator and send to him via UPS shipping at my own expense to be reimbursed by TG...which based on TG's finances (or lack thereof) was highly improbable so I could easily have been out several hundred dollars or more, I informed Walter/TG that based on NYS "abandoned property law" ownership was vacated by TG and therefore the items were now considered "abandoned property".

As such I took the one course of action available to me which would not cost me a dime...Brian Kuh volunteered to drive me home from my Nov/07 annual trip to ACAM and he would drive back to NH with the entire repository of TG tapes/etc to be handed over to TG's then-referee-at-large Shawn Cram who would assume possession on behalf of TG until Walter made plans to assume custody of the accumulation.

Walter forced my hand as I was no longer in a position to retain custody of this small mountain of tapes in my apartment.

I was not legally obligated at that point to even do that much, nor was I obligated to follow up that the intended chain-of-custody was completed.

My hands were washed of these tapes at that point in time. I have no idea whether Walter or subsequent TG ownership re-acquired these tapes since.