Wish List: Features you would like to see added
A couple things:
1. for games like Super Monkey Ball with lots of records it would be nice if we view one long list with top scores for each category. Unless I am missing something (It's been known to happen) you have to click on level to see the scores and that gets tedious when there are 112 records for a game.
2. a list of all emulators that are accepted for all classic consoles, either in the classic console section or emulator section, or maybe both.
...I did not even notice this thread. Forgive me, gang, I'm sick and can't think.
If it's possible to write an RSS feed for the features that get updated on a semi-regular basis (top world record holders, news, and Newest Scores), I would be a happy camper.
- Jeffrey "J.D." Lowe
Anything that I have written on or after 3/3/11 does not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Twin Galaxies International.
Collection Of Games
There are two things in particular that I would find very useful (by way of background my interest is predominantly MAME):
1) I believe that this has been mentioned before, but some way of filtering the 'Homepage Gamers' by platform. By all means default to 'All', but maybe by means of a drop-down box let users filter to their preferred platform. There are issues with the field length required and screen real estate obviously, but if we could have even the 10 most popular platforms (by submission) that would be really handy.
2) Some method of extracting data in a way in which it can be quickly queried (e.g. .CSV or the like). The reason that I ask is that I would love to be able to get a data extract that included (for MAME): Game / Variant / Number of submissions / Record / Record Holder. In fact, I would be interested in making a donation towards the development costs of either of these features (or assisting with writing the code).
Just my thoughts - these are not intended as criticims as I do spend a lot of time on the site, and it genreally works very well.
I know it is a touchy topic because some players don't want people to see how they got their records, but I think lots of people looking for speed run videos would frequent the site and bring in tons more competition from around the world. The Record Holders would be asked first, and of course I have no problem with my Records being shown on the net 8)
Eric R. Cummings
Not sure if it's been requested before or not... but on the TG Main page, for the players profile, how about an optional field for TG Forum Nickname?
There's plenty of times when I look at a high score on the main page and wonder if that person has posted on the forum or not. Granted someone could spoof and put someone else's forum nickname on their profile, though I really don't think this would gain them anything.
Just a thought.
Originally Posted by dc_animal
This'd definitely be an interesting though, but for the reason you mentioned, I am unsure its possibility. But... who knows.. the future is wide open.
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
1. Ability to search players by thier user names, not just real names.
2. not that this is myspace or anyhting , but with teams like Empire Arcadia, ICGF, National Video game team, etc, it would be nice to have an affiliation field for you teams.
Also I'm in full agreement about sharing my tapes. I dont record things for them to sit and rot, I like people to watch them.
I would like to see the last 50 scores changed to last 100 scores.
Sometimes one game takes up 30 or so scores on the last 50 scores list.
Would be good if the last 50 scores was changed to last 100 or 150 scores.
I wish there could be a database file that can be installed and updated with wolfmame of all records in that game. Or as an alternative have a electronic version of the book that can be searched. I check game setting etc at work at the moment because the book don't have all the game scores and setting that I need. I print out the pages from TG and take them home to try my luck :idea:
Here's my wish :D
Some of the records achieved using an emulator (Eg WolfMAME, or VICE for the C64) have a file that can be downloaded from TG so that others can view the gameplay. I'm thinking it would be nice if the record had some indicator of what emulator version was used to record the game, or which version can be used to view the playback. It might be as simple as tagging the record \"INP 1.06\" or \"VSF 2.00\"? This might not seem so important now but might become an issue down the track as TG changes it's choices of standard emulators.
It may be me being not so tech savvy but this is a problem I have already with viewing some of the INPs on MARP. Cheers! :D :D :D