Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Of course the trick is banned. Bees can't catch you and you can leech as many points as you want without any danger.
    Ahhh... I see. Maybe someone with more knowledge of this game should add that to the rules for 720. I'm not good, and have only played the GCN Midway Arcade Classics version.

I wonder, how do analog controls compare to the arcade controls?
  2. VERIFIED Honored Veteran Credibility: 28,558

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: barthax
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    44 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by QBert
    Of course the trick is banned. Bees can't catch you and you can leech as many points as you want without any danger.
    Ahhh... I see. Maybe someone with more knowledge of this game should add that to the rules for 720. I'm not good, and have only played the GCN Midway Arcade Classics version.

I wonder, how do analog controls compare to the arcade controls?
    They are significantly different from the original. I was a fairly avid player of 720 when my college had it in the sports hall/recreation area - but it wasn't around long enough to master because the joystick kept failing. :( I think my PB was in the 200k range at the time it was removed, but I was certainly a 150K+ consistent player.

The joystick in the original is firmly placed at the outside of it's rotation - you can't put the joystick into the middle/center. Having said that, if you're good at rotating the analogue joysticks, you should be able to muster some decent simulation. One thing I've not been able to fathom is how the game (in Midway Arcade Treasures) is affected by 'missing' the progression - i.e., going from Right to Left: with the original joystick, it's impossible to do as you must move through Up or Down to get from Right to Left (it's actually the diagonals, but you get the picture).

Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
  3. Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Q-Bert- No worries. Believe it or not though you can actually get some pretty good \"semi authentic feeling\" control with the $10 Logitec Attack 3 Joystick in 720. Trigger button is kick and thumb button is jump. I can play one handed and beat the game scoring about 175k. heheh Still not the arcade version though.

NOTE: two hands required for the huge 1080's & 1440's in the ramp though. Other hand required to hold on baby...YEE HAAWWW!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Tommi- I think we should get the ball rolling on the 720 1st place protest. Meantime you get practicing and beat Martin deem's score of 264k which would put you in first. I will start saving my bucks for the machine and try to catch you someday!
  4. Guest Credibility: 0

The 720 Debate

Hello everyone:

Tommi, I am officially launching a score challenge inquiry into the current WR on this title. I have to discuss the next step with Walter Day of course as the score in on a classic arcade title.

As for the banned trick, I agree that such should be banned, but having only seen it done and not understanding the game, I do not know the proper wording, so I could really appreciate the help here. Suggestions are welcome !!

Robert
  5. Guest Credibility: 0

Reclassifying to Arcade Section

Hello everyone:

I am reclassifying this topic into the more appropriate arcade section.

As several gamers are participating in this trhead, including some relatively new to TG, I am leaving a shadow topic in the original \"General\" forum as a courtesy.

Robert
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,081
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: flyhec
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    79 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Ron Perelman
    Anaheim, CA
    United States
    Date Achieved Wednesday, June 17, 1987
    Date Verified Friday, June 11, 2004
    Verification Method Referee
    Score Status Active
    Location Camelot Arcade
    Anaheim, CA
    United States

The record was set about 10 miles from me. Too bad that place is long gone now :cry: It was still there until a couple years ago.

I loved this game. I never had the chance to get any good due to controller issues. The kind that stick real bad while rotating. :cry:
    If you need me, I'll be on the 7th floor.
  7. Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    The joystick in the original is firmly placed at the outside of it's rotation - you can't put the joystick into the middle/center.
    O.K., I think I actually did play that in an arcade back in the day. I thought the controls were wierd and never put a second coin in. Yeah, that would be a hard controler to get ahold of and/or duplicate. It'd be nice to try it again one of these days.
  8. Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

i seen some really good 720 players at the ca extreme in 99. i can't speak for ron's score but everyone played with the two continues to max out scores. dwayne
  9. Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    The two continues? I'm not sure what you're referring to there.

I loved this game, now and back in the day. Being a skater in real life back then obviously boosted my interest. There was always a crowd of us, complete with our boards, hanging around the machine. :lol:

I've been hot on the heels of Tommi in MARP averaging about 200,000 / 210,000 a game, but Tommi is the king of 720 (at the moment :wink: ) . I wish I could still spinner this game but ever since the control method change in MAME it's rendered the game un-playable for me. I can't get on with a joystick unfortunately. Lucky for me a kept the old roms and an extremely old MAME (!) so I can still play this game every so often.
  10. Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    The two continues? I'm not sure what you're referring to there.
    I suppose that most of the 720 arcade versions had 2 continues set as default. This meant that you could get stung by the bees, throw another quarter in and continue. Your score and game progress would remain at this point. I believe in MAME you can get 3 continues in the Dip Switch menu.

NOTE: If you are stung by the bees due to not having a park ticket, you will be rewarded with one by continuing.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast