Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    What is the highest score anyone has seen or achieved? I know it is possible to score 350k without any tricks.

I always wondered how it was possible to score 525k. I spoke to someone who knew the record holder (this was a long time ago, I do not remember who I spoke to, and my memory is fuzzy :shock: ) and this person told me the following things:

1) You wanted to buy 3 helmets, 1 board, 1 set of pads, and 1 pair of shoes. For some reason this was considered optimal.

2) You did not want to get all gold medals. On some of the challenge parks, you could score more points by jumping around the levels (slalom and downhill iirc) than finishing them as fast as you could and getting gold medals.

3) The key to scoring insanely high was knowing which colored area of the game board was going to give you the most medals (the blue signs that pop out of the ground and award bonus points) when you jumped through that colored area. Apparently at different times in the game, some areas give more medals than others. The most important factor to scoring high was to know which colored area at which time gave the most points.

This is all I remember about the conversation. If anyone could possibly score 500k playing normally, I would really like to see it.
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 956
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by zlk
    What is the highest score anyone has seen or achieved? I know it is possible to score 350k without any tricks.
    Sounds about right.
    I always wondered how it was possible to score 525k. I spoke to someone who knew the record holder (this was a long time ago, I do not remember who I spoke to, and my memory is fuzzy :shock: ) and this person told me the following things:

1) You wanted to buy 3 helmets, 1 board, 1 set of pads, and 1 pair of shoes. For some reason this was considered optimal.
    Sounds a strange combination to me, you can get more points from parks with more equipment, can jump higher/longer and move faster with extra shoes and boards...This means you can avoid bees better and get those multiple 1k's easier too. I don't buy this.
    2) You did not want to get all gold medals. On some of the challenge parks, you could score more points by jumping around the levels (slalom and downhill iirc) than finishing them as fast as you could and getting gold medals
    Possibly, but you get points from medal colour too. Besides, players do jump at downhill/slalom. You run out of time at slalom if you don't go through the gates. I don't think that tactic would get many extra points compared to jumping all the way to golds.
    3) The key to scoring insanely high was knowing which colored area of the game board was going to give you the most medals (the blue signs that pop out of the ground and award bonus points) when you jumped through that colored area. Apparently at different times in the game, some areas give more medals than others. The most important factor to scoring high was to know which colored area at which time gave the most points.
    You get only one time same 1k bonus, atleast in the same round. Optimal would be to go around all areas. I don't like that yellow area too much.

This is all I remember about the conversation. If anyone could possibly score 500k playing normally, I would really like to see it.
    Normally, not likely. Using 3 extra credits...Dunno, you get more time to fool around if it doesn't matter whether bees catch you or not.
    Terveisin,
    TJT
  3. Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with like everything that Tommi is saying! To the TG 'regulars' and 'wanna be's' and 'newbies' like myself...Tommi knows this game, his claims about the game play and such are all true. I find it very, very hard to believe that the 1st place score is authentic without some kind of deviation from any kind of standard game play or anything that would be acceptable in a TG gaming high score standard. I want to believe that it could be done, but I just can't.

Example: I recently owned a skate board shop and had this game at the store. I played it often and well. I maxed out scores and medals and would always fall in the low to mid 200k range. I also played this game often as a 12-14 year old as it was one of the only games in my town at the time. We played it and dominated it back then. Some of my friends were VERY good and also scored in the mid 200,000's. To believe that more than double that can be obtainable seems almost absurd.

Love the game and it is still my favorite. Currently trying to track down the vending guy that had it at our store. He wanted to sell it to me at the time and I should have snapped on it...was in mint cond!! :shock:
  4. Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi
    Quote Originally Posted by QBert
    I do wonder if anyone knows whether that tactic is banned or not.
    Of course the trick is banned. Bees can't catch you and you can leech as many points as you want without any danger.
    Tommi, could you please explain, as in depth as possible, how to perform this "trick" or better yet, perhaps submit a quickie run on Wolf101 to the site with that shows this trick. This way we can add this to the rules and ensure no future scores ever are to benefit from the use of this.

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  5. VERIFIED Honored Veteran Credibility: 28,558

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: barthax
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    44 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    The trick is simple enough: locate an area along the path with the \"push up\" portions and aim correctly so that you are pushed up high enough to jump the fence. The player will then be outside the fence and the bees are confined to the inside of the fence. The player may then continuously perform tricks on the outside of the fence (scoring points) ad infinitum.

Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
  6. Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    The world record for 720, was scored using 2 continues. His friend dimes him out in a post long forgotten about! I normally don't post here, but I am 720 player and Twin Galaxies already has enough BS high scores! Hopefully this will let others get a legitimate high score. Check out this post-

Mark
    (this is found at : )

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... 93f0b46fb4

Theres not a FAQ that I know of, but you don't specify what you
    already know about the game.

Beyond a number of bugs in the game, there really aren't any truly
    hidden items in it to my knowledge. My friends and I played the game
    extensively when it was first released here in Southern California,
    and pretty much played it into the ground. Back then (in 1986/87 and
    before), there was a vid-game tourney held each summer where the
    highest scores were reported and listed in the Guinness book.
    Although the '87 tourney didn't get listed in the main book (only the
    sports version), a friend of mine took the highest score for 720, with
    527,100 pts. (this was set to the factory default settings, with two
    continues).

If you don't know about any of the bugs, write back and I'd be happy
    to try to explain them to you as best as I can recall.

====================
    Greg Gibson
    [email protected]
  7. Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

like i said we all played with the 2 continues to max out possible points we all did it. dwayne
  8. Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Re: 720

Quote Originally Posted by dwayne
    like i said we all played with the 2 continues to max out possible points we all did it. dwayne
    The TG rules state "Max continues=0". It seems a score (or more looking at C64) may have slipped through that have broken this rule. I know the C64 version was very different, but that's an even bigger gap (%-wise) than the arcade score gap.

My son was just playing the GCN version today. I should have run it through the VCR. How many records are held by a 3 year old? :lol: Probably none. I'm should get him signed up and let him start a tape. He knows he's not very good but I bet it'd boost his confidence if I could tell him he has the best score ever!
  9. Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Ron Perelman 720 - is alive and well and lives in Anaheim Ca

Ron Perelman 720 degrees champion, can easily be reached by
    phone or email as he has never left Anaheim, Ca. where he has
    always lived, played and worked. Camelot arcade is his preferred
    Castle Motif arcade in Anaheim, CA and is still there with two Ultracade
    Coin operated 33 inch games as well as many pinball and
    newer games along with a miniature golf park with five themed
    areas and a lazer joust tag arena.

Recently featured on the Travel Channel, Camelot Golfland is touted
    as the world?s largest mini golf course. There are five separate, uniquely
    themed miniature golf courses, as well as a video game arcade, pizza
    parlor, waterslides, and ?lazer joust,? a fast-paced game using laser guns
    in a 5,000 sq. ft. building filled with special effects.

CAMELOT ARCADE: Camelot Golfland
    3200 E Carpenter Ave
    Anaheim, CA
    (714) 630-3340

http://anaheim.golfland.com/attractions.aspx
    http://www.golfland.com/

ULTRACADE:
    http://www.arcadegamesuperstore.com/ultracade.htm

Ron Perelman played in a legitimate Guinness Contest
    and does not know why you are trying to make his
    score invalid. Why don't you talk to him directly before you
    take his score down?

The pulling of Classic Guinness Contest World Record scores is an
    unfortunate circumstance. 06-17-1987

Ron Perelman 720 Degrees Champion, is the Owner: ocyellow.com

Here are some other local Castle Themed Amusements with
    coin operated video games:

CASTLE PARK
    www.castlepark.com
    3500 Polk St
    Riverside, CA 92505
    (951) 785-3000

DISNEYLAND
    www.disneyland.com
    1313 S. Harbor Boulevard
    Anaheim, CA 92803
    (714) 781-4565

720 Degrees - Sequels made on different platforms:

\"Skate or die!\" developed by EA was to be the first sequel to
    Atari's 720 Degrees, followed by C64 and NES \"Ski or Die\" and then
    \"Skate or Die 2: the Search for Double Trouble\" for the Nintendo
    Entertainment System.
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,081
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: flyhec
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    79 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! I was told by a friend that the place was leveled to the ground a couple years ago.

I'm glad it's still there. I'll go check it out pretty soon.
    If you need me, I'll be on the 7th floor.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast