User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: turbo ms. pac-man kill screen - tips?

Credibility: 1,000

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Re: turbo ms. pac-man kill screen - tips?

Quote Originally Posted by ZAZ1
    I took what I learned from playing Pac-Man (turbo) and applied a lot of the same strategies to Ms. Pac-Man (turbo). The difference is: My cut-patterns/9th key patterns Pac-Man feel more set in stone, turning into repetitiveness. For Ms. Pac-Man, some starting cut-patterns are set in stone as well, but Blinky's (Red Leader) & Pinky's (I have no alt. name yet) starting randomness make me change my plans on-the-fly.
    yeah, the randomness at the beginning of the board can definitely throw off starting patterns. id say for ms pac, i have opening strategies rather than patterns. i have an idea of what i want to clear before the first/second reversal and usually need to make slight adjustments to accomplish this task.

The boards where you have to group & eat the ghosts is a necessary ordeal, or burden. For me, the first 18 boards are the bulk of my playing time. I don't know if it's more difficult, but it's trickier.
    i agree. now that im getting better at boards 19+, i just want to get there and do some clearing! grouping is quickly becoming tedious.

The 454,910 that you got, how long was that game? A full game full me, not counting killscreens, takes about 2 hours 15 minutes.

What's your average time for clearing a 'don't eat the ghosts' board? For me, most of the time, less than 30 seconds per board.
    the 454k game was around an hour and a half. it takes me a little over an hour to clear the first 18 boards and between 30s and a min for each board after that. i can clear the junior boards faster than chase.

VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,313

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: francoisadt
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I want to assist those that wants to master this game. So I will put down a small guideline down here and
    also will in the following week or two put down a step by step instructions how to group in each of the
    SETS of boards using different techniques... (I have planned to write a book about this but my laptop was
    stolen which did contains most of the outlines chapters and logical flow of showing patterns and explanation of each
    one step by step. I will have to redo these some time mid next year - 2016)

Most people that want to get higher scores in pacman/mspacman mostly kick off using the fast run version to have more
    fun and get further in the game. This is understandable as playing the normal one takes much more time to really master.
    The mistake most people are doing are that they think that playing mspacman fast is easier to master but its only up to
    a point. If you really wants to eat all the ghosts at all levels you need to be able to do that in mspacman normal speed
    first. Then you have acquired the skill set you need to kill screen the game using mspacman fast/pacman fast.

So one has to ask oneself the question what are your short term goals to achieve a descent score?

If one really wants to get high scores you need to learn master at each level as a perfect game.

In pacman eating all ghost, fruits and all dots is called "perfect pacman" in mspacman, its a "perfection"
    of eating all the ghost and fruit as well.

Below I will put down some RULES and STEPS assisting achieving them.

If you really want to be good at mspacman fast you need to learn to play mspacman normal speed at a descent level first.

If you really want to be good at mspacman normal speed you need to have lots of patience and learn each screen step by step,
    corner by corner and learning using the mid-field to your advantage, like playing american football, thinking ahead where
    the player and the ball need to be to score.

MGEAP => MOVE, GROUP, EAT, AI, PATTERNS

SETS:
    ======
    SET01: First two boards (cherry and strawberry) - boards 1-2
    SET02: Next three boards (orange, pretzel, apple) - boards 3-5
    SET03: First red chase boards (Pear, banana, random fruitsx2)- boards 6-9
    SET04: First blue jnr boards (4 random fruit boards)- boards 10-13
    SET05: First pink chase boards (4 random fruit boards)- boards 14-17
    SET06: First brown jnr boards (4 random fruit boards)- boards 18-21

STEPS:
    ======
    STEP01 :Watch and Learn other gamers group the ghost from an angle, and lead them down or up a passage to follow
    the pac-man when the pac-man is in a spesific position. This will help you understand the way the ghosts think and move.
    Ask yourself the question why the pacman player stops and move at certian corners/junctions/hooks? Look at the exact
    position of each ghost when the pacman player moves from one position to the next.
    STEP02 :Learn the techniques to group all ghost in SETS in mspacman start with SET01 as a whole.
    STEP03 :Learn the techniques to eat all ghost in SETS in mspacman start with SET01 as a whole.
    STEP04 :Repeat the above for next SET.
    STEP05 :if you want to master mspacman fast as well, Repeat the above for fast version AFTER doing the normal speed version
    first. Reason: you will be a much better Ms. Pac-man Turbo player if you can master the Ms. pac-Man normal speed first
    upto at least level 21, grouoing them at first, eating all the ghost and lastly trying do this without lossing a live
    upto level 21 using a stepwise approach.

RULES:
    ======
    RULE01(LEARN MOVEMENTS) : Learn the techniques to group all ghost at all all corners for all the board using different angles of

eating them. This will ensure that you can handle the unforseen sitiations when a pattern or move does not work out and can

recover as quick as possible.
    RULE02(LEARN GROUP) : Learn the techniques to group all ghost at all boards upto board 18 in mspacman normal speed first in a
    stepwise approach using whole SETS at a time.
    RULE03(LEARN TO EAT) : Learn the techniques to eat all ghost at all boards upto board 18 in mspacman normal speed first in a
    stepwise approach using whole SETS at a time.
    RULE04(LEARN AI) : Learn to outsmart the ghost AI. Example : In mspacman normal speed stay in certain positions and let them

pass beyond you wiyhout seeing you around the corner. Bkidn spots, mini holds which work for a few seconds and so on.
    This will help you in RULE05.
    RULE05(LEARN PATTERNS : Learn patterns in clearing the SETS. Example : Patterns to clear mspacman normal speed including no blue

time boards.
    On MARP playbacks of different players using different techniques - Normal speed: Donald Hayes, David Race, Aart van Vliet,

zylquin, Eric (ejm973), Negative1, hepcat ect.. Turbo speed: myself, Aart van Vliet, Donald Hayes

For Ms. Pac-man Turbo:
    Doing all of the above plus..
    RULE06 : Learn the techniques to master groupings in mspacman fast mastered at RULE01 with adjustments to
    compensate for the fast speed of the pacman which can cause groupings to work differently.
    RULE07 : Learn the techniques to master to eat all the ghosts in mspacman fast mastered at RULE02 with adjustments to
    compensate for the fast speed of the pacman which can cause groupings to work differently.
    RULE08: Learn to pace the pacman in mspacman fast using holding points running all over the board all the
    time will get you killed very easily.
    RULE09 : Learn patterns in clearing the SETS in mspacman fast speed including no blue time boards.

Regards
    Francois du Toit
    streaming mspacman normal and turbo speed at:

Francois du Toit

VERIFIED Junior Member Credibility: 1,000

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: gangnhamstyle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Francois, how ya doin' bro? I'm new to TG. I'm watching a Youtube Video about Pac-Man TG Scores. Let me know, what you're doing nowadays guys. Peace Out
    Thanks jjt_defender thanked for this post
    Likes jjt_defender liked this post

VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,313

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: francoisadt
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)