thread

Have you ever been beaten by a woman in a video game? (Men)

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Beaten by a woman in a video game?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 86.67%
  • No

4 13.33%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Re: Have you ever been beaten by a woman in a video game? (M

Sexism, also known as gender discrimination or sex discrimination, is the application of the belief or attitude that there are characteristics implicit to one's gender that indirectly affect one's abilities in unrelated areas. It is a form of discrimination or devaluation based on a person's sex with such attitudes being based on beliefs in traditional stereotypes of gender roles.

Since Gaming on the whole still operates culturally as a Patriarchy I have come to expect it. But to see it go unchecked on a forum whose establishment claims to be so fair and benevolent insofar as to ban and or threaten bans for much less is astounding.

They must share your Sexist views.
    So relax, guys...your Macho Man Party gets a thumbs up from The Moderators :D
  2. Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by CCDeSpira
    Sexism, also known as gender discrimination or sex discrimination, is the application of the belief or attitude that there are characteristics implicit to one's gender that indirectly affect one's abilities in unrelated areas. It is a form of discrimination or devaluation based on a person's sex with such attitudes being based on beliefs in traditional stereotypes of gender roles.

Since Gaming on the whole still operates culturally as a Patriarchy I have come to expect it. But to see it go unchecked on a forum whose establishment claims to be so fair and benevolent insofar as to ban and or threaten bans for much less is astounding.

They must share your Sexist views.
    So relax, guys...your Macho Man Party gets a thumbs up from The Moderators :D

Sorry if I ofended you CCDeSpira by participating in this topic, but my comment was to show that women have the same chance like men to be good gamers in any kind of games, I truly believe that there is no diference if you are a woman or a man, the same level of gaming is in the head, just check who has the super mario bros. nes game 1st place, is a woman, also I have some good channels to my acount in youtube, that are women review video games, and my friend wife is very good playing zelda games, this topic is about women that kick our asses in some time, the only sexist that I saw in here is the comment of "men only" in the first post.
    A big hug to you and I hope to see you in another Pauls live stream. :)

Hahaha macho man party, I definitely dont want to be part of that party
  3. Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

MEX!!!

Cómo estás, Amigo? Woo Hoo!

Estoy cansado de hablar con la gente estúpida.
  4. Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

MEX,

Abrazo :D

Hope to see you, too, at Paul's Stream. He's gonna Cream that game...as usual.

Nice photo...ha ha :)
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,357
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by CCDeSpira
    Either answer is extremely sexist as is your offensive and derogatory post about women. You men who responded are just as guilty because your comments paid homage to the myth that women aren't competent players on the average. Doesn't matter that some mentioned women who play well, the fact remains you all contemplated the subject as an anomaly, a freak of nature, a curious event.
    That may be your interpretation, Cat, but from my point of view, that's just horse puckey. At no point did I ever insinuate that women are any less competent than men when it comes to playing games. That's B.S. It has been my observation, however, that most women gamers I know are not as competitive as the male gamers I know. Does that mean it's a stone cold fact? Of course not; it's merely my observation based on what data I have at my disposal via first-hand experiences. Does that mean I have concluded women are somehow less adept at kicking men's asses at video games?

Don't be friggin' ridiculous.

In fact, my wife can whoop me at quite a few games and so can one of our mutual female friends. Did I say that women who don't fit my general observations were "freaks of nature"?

Don't be friggin' ridiculous.

All I said was, from my personal experience, most women gamers I know don't appear to me to be as aggressively competitive when it comes to who has the highest score, etc. That's it. Never said it was some kind of scientific essay on gender relations nor did I state that women who don't fit into this generalization are "freaks". So if you don't agree with my opinion based on casual observation/experience, fine, but to label me as a "sexist" or a "neanderthal" or any other such crap is in my (and my wife's) opinion, a bunch of histrionic-fueled baloney. :x

Peace, love and other touchy-feelie junk,

J

Jamey Pittman
    Perfect Pac-Man - 3,333,360 (Twin Galaxies, MARP)
    The Pac-Man Dossier
  6. Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Poll: Have you ever been beaten out of a job by an African American? (Whites only)

I rest my case.
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,129
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Hmm, you know you could look at it the opposite way as well. I mean maybe this poll was actually meant to "END THIS STEREOTYPE". Have you actually looked at the percentage of men who have admitted to actually losing to a women? It is 88%!

If anything this thread has actually proved that women can be, and actually are good gamers. I mean Twin Galaxies is filled with elite gamers, and yet 88 percent of the elite gamers have been totally owned by a woman. Think about that for a second.
    Space Jockey (Atari 2600) 1,321,495 3rd highest score in the world.
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,357
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Poll: Have you ever been beaten out of a job by an African American? (Whites only)

I rest my case.
    If you think that's a one-to-one analogy, Cat, that's your business and I'll support your right to say so. Regardless, it sounds to me like you're just itching to take extreme offense over casual observations/opinions made on minor behavioral differences between the sexes and calling that discrimination/sexism?!?! I hope that's not the case as I personally find such stances detrimental to feminist beliefs/causes (which both my wife and myself actively support BTW).

Big newsflash folks: men and women are different in terms of certain biological drives, imperatives and behaviors. That's just the nature of male/female biology anywhere you look in the animal kingdom, and that IS a stone cold fact. That is NOT to say either sex is better or worse in any way, mind you (because that would be sexist and pretty damn stupid), but to pretend we are, behaviorally-speaking, exactly identical is downright laughable, and there's not one damn thing wrong with having a civil conversation that may happen to include observations by either side of the sexual divide on things we find to be different about one another -- even if those observations are not totally accurate, we're all adults here and should be able to handle alternate points-of-view (even ones you find misguided) without going all ape sh#t over it. A better approach might be to calmly, and passionately state your case without all the name-calling and crying for moderators to squelch yet another thread. Ironically, you're one of the last people I would have expected to be hollering for more censorship of public discourse.

Yes, there are differences between the sexes, and I for one am quite grateful for this. It's only when we believe those wonderful differences make one side inherently superior to the other does the specter of sexism/discrimination rear its ugly head. I think most others who participated in this thread will back me up in saying the majority of sentiment expressed here was not meant to degrade, diminish, or dismiss women in gaming, but rather to share our personal experiences with gamers of the fairer sex we have encountered. Is that so wrong? Once again, you're entitled to be offended - that's your right. But I hope you understand I'm equally offended to be called a sexist when I don't believe that to be fair or true.

And I managed to express my displeasure without resorting to insulting labels/names or expecting some parental, moderator figure to step in and shut anything down...

More peace, love and assorted warm/fuzzy good vibes,

J

[Edited to improve clarity ... it's late and I'm tired]

Jamey Pittman
    Perfect Pac-Man - 3,333,360 (Twin Galaxies, MARP)
    The Pac-Man Dossier
  9. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 2,589
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    45 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Some of that stuff that you say cat is true both ways and I see more bias and people throwing race cards and sexist cards and IT needs to stop.

If everyone wants to be equal they need to act equal not say me me me poor me....

I rest my case but Cat you jump to way too many conclusions all the time I swear I can name quite a few but your my pal so I would never lol wink Relax girl
  10. Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Join us