thread

Does anybody play Jr. Pacman at the original speed?

User Tag List

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
  1. Senior Member Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Re: Does anybody play Jr. Pacman at the original speed?

I made my second highest score last night but played poorly after clearing 9 screens without loss. I didn't even get the first Beer on the 17th screen. I lost 2 men on the 16th screen which I usually excel at. I lost 5 Beers along the way and a bunch of Big Dots when I crashed on the 10th screen and still broke 500,000 easily. I should of made in the vicinity of 550,00 .... I'll play again in a few days and hope I play better. I had to break for dinner at the 11th screen and didn't have the same zip when I started back, so it did seem.
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,681
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: anningmay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Time to get this going again. Dot, you still out there?

Hopefully you come back to TG for this iteration and the conversation can continue.

Dave
  3. Senior Member Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by anningmay View Post
    Time to get this going again. Dot, you still out there?

Hopefully you come back to TG for this iteration and the conversation can continue.

Dave

I'm back! I'm done fishing this season.....now it's open season on dots! I'm ready to play mo' Jr. Pacman this winter. I played a whole game Friday and put up 549K. I've improved to the point that I seldom score less than 500,000 anymore but I'm still stuck on the 17th screen. I've improved quite a bit on the 5th style screen before the Ghosts get faster. I've learned a few ways to get the Red Ghost off my butt that carry-over to the 17th screen but it's just not enough yet. I'm pretty reliable about clearing the 16th screen but the 17th....ugh!

I've gotten so good at the first 3 screens that I flirt 100,000 just about every time out. Still, I have to really kick butt on the BIG Dots to exceed 100,000 on the first 3 screens. I really need to score 38,000+ on the first screen to have a legitimate chance to get 100,000 on the first 3 screens. I do just that with some regularity. I made 38,960 on the first screen a few weeks ago. I missed my 39,000 point goal by one BIG Dot. It's been years since I've made 39,000 on the first screen but I've flirted with it many times lately. I'm averaging about 95,000 on the first 3 screens these days....

The 17th screen is still like quicksand for me though. I'm lucky if I see the 3rd Beer when I play it. I'm consistently breaking 500,000 on the 15th screen these days. I'm starting to threaten to pass 500,000 by the 14th screen lately but haven't quite done it yet. The 17th screen is still feeling somewhat impossible though. I need more tricks to get the Red Ghost off my butt!

I console myself about my shortcomings on the 17th screen by telling myself that I'm still getting better at the game. I'm not lying to myself but my improvement on the 17th screen is marginal. It's every other aspect of the game where I'm clearly improving.

How 'bout you Dave....have you slayed the 17th yet?
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23