Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Planning a Trip to Myrtle Beach?? Then check out my DDK

So I just dropped off my Double Donkey Kong (DK & DK Jr.) at a very cool store called Retro Active (http://www.shopretroactive.com/).

Located in at Broadway at the Beach on US 17 Bypass, this store has a wide selection of cool retro gear and memorabilia. They also have a Pac-Man machine and now my DDK set to quarters play. The game will be on loan for the foreseeable future or until they decide they want me to track something else down for them.

I also dropped off approximately 40 TRON Legacy TRON Night posters that I picked up while promoting the film's premier in Boston a few years ago.

Anyone who sets a high score on either Donkey Kong or Donkey Kong Junior will get a free copy of the poster (while supplies last).

Of course, let me know if you plan to stop by as I would love to play a few rounds and meet some fellow gaming enthusiasts. I work at the aquarium just a few doors down from Retro Active.

I was also able score some FREE tickets to see Ted Nugent at the House of Blues in North Myrtle Beach next month. Pretty stoked as I have never seen the Nuge play live.

Marine Biologist, Arcade Collector, Outdoor Nut, Amateur Chef
    Robotron 2084, Double Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr Cocktail, Pengo
    Robotron High Scores: Difficulty 5 Marathon Score - 54,144,225; Difficulty 10 Marathon Score - 1,189,850; TGTS Score - 470,975; VKE Score - 620,575
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,830
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    44 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I got a DDK PCB a hand full of years ago and I still enjoy it as you have both boards and a high score save kit as well. I DO have both original PCB's in case I do want to record any games but it's still nice to have them all in one.
    Stephen K. Boyer
    Former Twin Galaxies Sr. Referee
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 1,517,380 ( Arcade Medium World Record )
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 788,970 ( Arcade Medium NO POW World Record )
    Mario Bros. Single Player MEDIUM 4,260,210 ( MAME World Record )