thread

Arcade - Elevator Action - Points [Hard - Difficulty 4] - 61,300 - David Kaufman

User Tag List

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,296
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Arcade - Elevator Action - Points [Hard - Difficulty 4] - 61,300 - David Kaufman

Points [Hard - Difficulty 4]
    Score Trackhttp://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=5955
    RulesDip-Switch Bank A:
    1-5 = OFF
    6 = OFF/UNUSED
    7 = OFF
    8 = ON/OFF [Upright/Cocktail]
    Dip-Switch Bank B:
    1-8 = ON
    Dip-Switch Bank C:
    1-2 = ON
    3-4 = OFF/UNUSED
    5-8 = OFF
    Note: The above Dip Switches, when properly designated, will give the following Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings, used for this title;

3 Lives
    Bonus Life @ 10,000 Points
    Coin Display
    Year Display
    Difficulty: Expert
    Special Rules: Please note, this variation is ONLY for the FunSpot 2002 Tournament. Please see the Other Tournament Settings for proper settings for all other attempts.
    Submission MessageHello again Twin Galaxies. I am submitting this Elevator Action score for review. I am using the same machine used in my other EA submissions. In this video you will see us toggle switch 7 on bank A to On. TG specifies that this switch be set to off but in this case it needs to be set to ON in order for the game to display properly. Switch 7 on bank A controls the screen inversion. Here is a link to the manual with dip switch designations explained on page 6.

http://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals...0%20Manual.pdf

I tried again to upload directly to TG but like before the upload just stopped around the 15% mark.

http://youtu.be/7HywC48fq_U

Thank you,
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,232
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: timhett
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Hi David, the special rules state that this variation is only (in all caps) for the 2002 Funspot tournament. All of the scores for the track are from 2002. It was a good game, unfortunately I will have to downvote. However, I think this hard variation would be good to have open for new scores. We should see if we can get that changed and then I suggest resubmitting the score.
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,296
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Tim, I understand if you want to down vote my submission. I just have a few questions that I need to ask. Why is anyone allowed to submit to this track? Why are there two scores that are not verified in 2002? If all the scores in the track are from the same tournament, shouldn't they all be verified on roughly the same date?

I will gladly resubmit on the appropriate track, if and when there is one.

Thanks,

Dave
    "You can get it if you really want, but you must try, try and try, try and try. You succeed at last." -Jimmy Cliff
    Likes Emayl liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,431
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    View Channel: mrbumpnjump
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with Dave, but this is probably an issue for another thread. This variation either needs to be locked against future submissions (and remove the two scores that weren't achieved during the Funspot tournament) or just remove the Funspot 2002 requirement for this track. I don't see a major issue with having two tracks for this title, but then we start getting into the issue of "Who is the best EA player" when there are multiple tracks to choose from.

I'll reserve my vote at this stage.

Well played though, very tough game on these settings, I'd be lucky to get much further than level 1.
    Thanks DonkeyDave thanked this post
    Likes DonkeyDave liked this post
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,296
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks John. I have no problem if the community feels that this score/performance does not fit the requirements for this track. I thought it was open for new submissions and that I was within the rules.
    "You can get it if you really want, but you must try, try and try, try and try. You succeed at last." -Jimmy Cliff
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,133
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post
    I agree with Dave, but this is probably an issue for another thread. This variation either needs to be locked against future submissions (and remove the two scores that weren't achieved during the Funspot tournament) or just remove the Funspot 2002 requirement for this track. I don't see a major issue with having two tracks for this title, but then we start getting into the issue of "Who is the best EA player" when there are multiple tracks to choose from.

I'll reserve my vote at this stage.

Well played though, very tough game on these settings, I'd be lucky to get much further than level 1.
    As the guy behind the camera for this submission, I'm obviously a bit biased and feel the score should count. I do understand the hesitancy to approve (or vote at all), however.

I personally think the whole "Funspot Tournament" portion of the rules should be dropped and the track just set up as a harder-settings version for the game. It was obviously treated that way in the past, seeing as there are scores on the track that were posted well after the 2002 tournament. Otherwise, there's absolutely no reason to have this available for submissions - no one can go back to 2002 and enter the Funspot tournament. It's a rule that is literally impossible to follow.

I'm leaving my vote as approved. The community can and has made judgement calls on rules already under the new TG system, I personally hope they do again here and vote for approval.
    Likes DonkeyDave liked this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,798
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    View Channel: ebinsugewa
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I'm with Emayl here, it exists - why not use it. Seems like it would be a fun added challenge.
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,055
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by hanasu View Post
    I'm with Emayl here, it exists - why not use it. Seems like it would be a fun added challenge.
    Accept from me as well.

This one just needs an eventual edit akin to:
    "Historical Info: This variation was originally created for the FunSpot 2002 Tournament" in place of the "Special Rules" listed. No reason others shouldn't be able to test their ability at the higher level settings regardless when and for what purpose the dip switch settings were originally created in my opinion.
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,172
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: francoisadt
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    63 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Hi When I click on the track link it do show arcade and no wording anywhere that this was for Funspot 2000 only. So where are those rules written here on the submission score board that the the "Harder" track was for that event only? Just by looking at the score board and dip settings rules any submissions to this should be handled as if the track was created to be open for any submissions that align with the correct settings. Please explain why should why their should be another track with exact same settings under the EA Arcade whereas this is already under the EA Arcade version?
    streaming mspacman normal and turbo speed at:

Francois du Toit
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,133
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Francois. The wording is in the original submission post in this thread. It is at the very end of the Rules section. It is also in the linked track thread if you scroll down in the box that contains the rules.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us