Tagged
    83 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Questions for upcoming State of the Galaxies

Name:  stateofthegalaxies.png
Views: 1196
Size:  246.8 KB

As much as we would love if everybody was able to join us for State of the Galaxies on http://www.twingalaxies.com/live/, we understand that there are times where people will not be able to make it. We would still like to include and answer any questions the community may have about the future of Twin Galaxies whether they are able to tune in live or not.

Please use this thread to post any questions you wish to see answer on upcoming State of the Galaxies.
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,325
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Will there be any leaderboards for credibility, or submission points, or anything like that? We are all highly competitive. I want to see who I have to beat to work my way up the ladder.
    Likes classicgeek, noyasystem liked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,160
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Here are my issues:

1. There are many tracks in the database which lack proper rules and need to be fixed. How will these issues be resolved? Will the community get to decide on new rules and vote on them? Does TG get to decide the new rules? What if TG comes up with new rules and the community doesn't agree with them? Some tracks lack rules completely leaving the rules section black. This is simply unacceptable and cannot exist if TG is to be the leader in video game high scores.

2. The adjudication list for voting on scores is way too long and is confusing because all the scores are mixed together with each other. Could the scores be listed under certain categories such as MAME, NES, Genesis and so on? I personally don't want to vote on any Wii games and I only consider myself an expert on certain consoles. So why can't I just go to a section that has the types of platforms that I want to adjudicate on and not have to mess with all of the other records all jumbled together?

3. When ever I get a like on a forum post in my personal e-mail it will actually say who liked my post, however when I log onto the TG website and look at my likes its says "hidden content" instead of the persons name. This doesn't make any sense and should be fixed.

4. Mandatory Preview Screen should be shown before a person makes their permanent post when submitting their records!!!

5. What if a person submits a record which is actually lower than their current record in the database? Will the lower score replace the higher one? Has the system been designed for such a situation?

6. How about if TG has an event in a certain city or state that they invite the players living around that city or area by email to come to such event. I say this because TG held an event near my city and I ended up not going because I missed the announcement. This really upset me as a player since in a way the players are supposed to represent this organization. I just felt as if nobody really cared if I were to come to the event or not, which isn't supposed to be the case. If TG is coming to a certain city then they should sent out invites to people living in the surround area so that the players can come out and make the event. TG has the players addresses because the players are verified so I see no reason why this shouldn't be done in the future with a simple e-mail. Plus this makes players feel as if they are an important part of TG if TG asks them to attend an event.

7. Have you seen the rated R version of Power/Rangers, the fan film video that has been taken off of youtube and other sites? Damn, its badass.

8. Are the submission points given in units of 3? It seems so, but its hard for me to keep track. When I submit a score are the submission points given away in units of 3 as well? If they are then whats the point of them coming in units of 3? Why not just have units of 1 instead?

9. I see some people with no user name and its just like a small open circle thing. I don't get why this is possible.

10. Could TG make a somewhat of a better deal with Guinness in the world record book because to me it seems like the world record section is lacking. Relative to the whole book, the TG score section is pretty small and doesn't really have pictures of players and interviews and other such things that the first part of the book does. A list of high scores is nice, but I'd like that section to be a little more personable and to highlight outstanding players.

11. When a person submits a score into the database there needs to be an indication of what placement that player is intending to get. If its a world record then it MUST SAY world record on the adjudication message submission. Why? Because I need to know what placement the record is to be placed in. If its 97th place or 1st place. I want to know if I'm voting on a world record or not without having to go and do research just to find out what this record is trying to achieve. This needs to be done as I feel as if I'm voting without really knowing whats going on.

I've heard from TG that this would be too complicated because the placement on scores is constantly changing, but consider this. Let the player MANUALLY type in what position they aim to set their score in rank wise. Even if the actual placement of the scores in the database changes while the record is pending in the adjudicating phase which makes the players original entry not true at least it gives everyone an idea of what that persons record is trying to achieve. Even if its off by a rank or two its still going to be somewhat accurate and the submitter could always update their position and or information by a quick comment being added to their submission anyway.

Thanks.
    Last edited by erockbrox; 02-28-2015 at 02:40 AM.
    Thanks ssdninja thanked this post
    Likes ssdninja liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,803
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: d3scride
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    This question has already been asked, but I wanted to touch base on it again.

1. Many existing rule sets for tracks in the database need to be overhauled. Key information needs to be added (leeching, tactics, info on if a max out exists, etc), and in many instances there isn't even a rule set at all! What means will be put into place for community members to easily modify/create rule sets for existing tracks and how, if at all, will credibility factor into how much leeway a user has when it comes to making these modifications?

2. When can we expect to see the ability to add new tracks to the database as well as being able to do score challenges?

3. As mentioned previously by datagod, this is a competitive highscore community and we are always seeing how we rate against our fellow peers. Will we be getting high score tables for other less obvious things like credibility, bounties, etc?

4. Status on TG wiki?

5. Is TG still planning on providing a section that showcases current live Twitch streamers within the community?
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,167
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: Kernzyp
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Is there any word on when a newer MAME version will be allowed?
    Wolf 106 is buggy and flawed compared to recent versions, and only hosts a fraction of what games are available. Many games do not record a good INP with 106.
    I don't see how this should be a problem, what with TG not even using ref's anymore. All MAMErs already use recent versions already, and it is us the gamers, who will be using and it and verifying the scores. :)
    Thanks anningmay thanked this post
    Likes anningmay liked this post
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,167
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: Kernzyp
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Will all the previous INP files that were submitted to TG before this incarnation be available to download like they were before?
    I miss that option.
  7. Former Member Credibility: 0
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    57 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    They already are over at champow.com
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,994
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: spectredk
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    64 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Q: Will certificates be back? If so, when are they planned to return?
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    EDIT: And I just realized that this post was made in the wrong section. Removing the content.
    Last edited by Tompa; 03-21-2015 at 03:46 PM.
  10. VERIFIED TG STAFF Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: Mittennkitten
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    83 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Please join us for our next show on March 27, 2015 @ 7pm PST

Jace Hallbrings the community up to speed on where Twin Galaxies is and where it is going.

If there are any questions/concerns you would like to see answered this Friday please state them here!
Page 1 of 95 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Join us