View Channel: twingalaxies View Channel: twingalaxieslive
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    32 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ssdninja View Post
    That's all well and good but you didn't address the fact that people have errors beyond their control during submission. The last time I used the direct upload feature it submitted two identical submissions and from there I guess I'm responsible for the issue?I made a post in the website section of the forum and never received an answer. In any case, punishing people for errors beyond their control is not the best method, I think. If there are going to be consequences for mistakes then the system should also have some responsibility when the mistakes happen on the other side of the screen.

As far as the other points I understand the emphasis on accuracy and consequences. I agree and I think that people should be held responsible when some errors are made. For example, recently there have been instances where a series of submissions were in error and I think that's an issue that does deserve some positive punishment. I do want to point out that neither I nor Barra mentioned the option to immediately remove a post - especially once it has been questioned. I think we were both going off the idea if it was possible to expedite a mistake faster to get it off the queue and clear it up for other submissions.
    The very first sentence in our above post addressed the issue of system errors.
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 28,683

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Completely didn't see the bolded text there. Must have blended with the quotebox for me when I read it ;_;

What would be the method for reporting such an error? Are there plans beyond using the website forum to report that sort of issue?

edit - autocorrect
    Last edited by ssdninja; 03-29-2015 at 10:14 AM.
  3. VERIFIED Honored Veteran Credibility: 27,373

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: barthax
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    In my experience the duplicate submissions are from hitting the Submit button twice. However, if both submissions are actually valid then vote accept to both... like I've been saying all along there is no need to reject duplication. :)

Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
  4. VERIFIED TG STAFF Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: Mittennkitten
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    83 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    The next State of the Galaxies is coming up this Friday, April 10th, 2015 @ 7pm PST

If there are any questions that you would like to see answered this Friday, please include them here! :)
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,803
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: d3scride
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Credibility has been a hot topic as of late.

In response to penalties, being too little with regards to incorrectly adjudicating a submission, TG has recently imposed a 100 CR penalty.

1. How will the negative impact to credibility for negative adjudications scale? Seems logical that the more often a user incorrectly adjudicates, the higher the penalty to their CR. In addition, the static 100 CR should be more dynamic taking into account a user's past adjudication history, as well as the average credibility of all users. 100 CR penalty may have a significant impact on most users right now, but give it say a year and 100 CR might mean absolutely nothing.

2. Is it possible to amend the current CR system to reward those users who actually contribute meaningful content to an adjudication thread? Ex. posting screenshots of settings/final score, offering expertise regarding why a submission is valid or invalid, MAME analysis (Barthax, Barra, Xelnia, etc). These contributions need to be rewarded.

3. Can the submission package be modified to add a section that adds link to attachments? Presently it's not that obvious where those download links are found, and this could be something that the system could automate... (Example highlighted in green below)

Craig Rout Gallant

Current verified TG WRs: 58

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/CraigARG
    MAME World Records channel: http://www.youtube.com/MAMEWorldRecords
    Likes Barra liked this post
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,365
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: andrewg1990
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    63 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    This is a question about adjudication down the line:

1) If a score is accepted under TGSAP, but the record video is no longer available at a later date, will this be grounds for removal from the scoreboard?

Assuming scores can be challenged eventually, I don't know how one would go about challenging this kind of situation. This problem would lead to the same situation the historic TGI scores face, a lack of evidence. I feel that there are going to be videos that will be lost. Videos not uploaded directly to TG could be: deleted, made private, or even altered in some way after the fact (youtube video editor). Someone could also intentionally post their video for adjudication, and remove it right after it is accepted.

With this in mind:
    2) In the future, would it be possible for those submitting for adjudication to upload multiple videos to TG?
    3) Should we be accepting scores that aren't uploaded to TG directly?
    I like to destroy games... especially the ones with Mario in them.
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,123
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: marcamy_1029
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Is there any update in posting the approved scores in mobile games?
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 11,761
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    3 digit mame version is on the submission form now.
    Can alternate wolf versions be used now, or is the database not ready, yet?
    Are you inspired to find the joy in gaming?

TG employee (82-84)
    robotron2084guidebook.com/
    Likes anningmay liked this post
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 11,761
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Will unique tracks be allowed for games running in FPGA pcb environments. hardware is "emulated" not software emulation like MAME.
    Typically the FPGA leader is a guy by nickname, JROK. the PCBs run a real CPU chip and real game code stored on a rom chip.
    There are TONS of these in hobby fans which so far I'm aware cover these topics.
    Williams games
    Gottlieb games
    Stern games, Frenzy/Berzerk.

More FPGAs are planned by a variety of developers, of which I know Pole Position is getting close. (Pole Position and Berzerk being notoriously difficult hardware to keep running) rumors of others out there, too. Gamers aren't usually aware of FPGA technology but it has existed in the technical world for many years and a cool solution.

I'd really like to see this be an option as they are not like a chinese multi board (ARM) running old or hodge-podge versions of mame.
    And it'll definitely be the future as years go by and real hardware dies.
    Please, consider it as a bunch of folks on a world-wide scale could be ready to utilitize TGIS as their scoreboard, that is otherwise just a home arcade scorelist.
    Are you inspired to find the joy in gaming?

TG employee (82-84)
    robotron2084guidebook.com/
    Likes datagod liked this post
  10. VERIFIED TG STAFF Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: Mittennkitten
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    83 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by marcamy View Post
    Is there any update in posting the approved scores in mobile games?

This issue has been resolved. :)
    Thanks Marcade thanked this post
Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Join us