Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Post Ice Cold Beer WR attempt.

Hi.

A friend of mine is setting a new WR on my ICB, but, arround 400K the game suddently ran at double speed - when counting the remaining points after you got the ball in a hole, and when you got the ball in the 10th hole, the melody plays, also played at doubble speed. (basicly, everything on the game runs dubble speed, except for the motors controling the bar)
    Will it still count as a legit attempt??

go here to see: he will be playing for another hour at least...

-EDIT-
    The "only" way the gameplay is effected by this, is that he can get more points in lesser time....
    Last edited by Muerto; 05-14-2015 at 08:41 AM.
    Likes xelnia liked this post
  2. VERIFIED Member Credibility: 1,107
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I was tuned in for a chunk of the stream earlier, and I can vouch for the fact the gameplay did not change - the motors were the same, the holes are the same, and the player kept right on doing what they were doing up to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Muerto View Post
    The "only" way the gameplay is effected by this, is that he can get more points in lesser time....
    For clarification, can you please confirm this means the points were added to the total score faster, not that he was actually getting a different number of points than usual or anything that would impact the score directly? I could see someone arguing it is easier to maintain focus when the game takes less time between holes/gameplay portions, but I personally do not feel we can really hold it against the player or the submission if the machine behaves abnormally when pushed beyond a certain point.
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,309
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: the_shed_arcade
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for your comment.
    When the game runned normally, Rasmus' hours average was arround 64K to 66K and when the game sped up (counting the points down faster) his average was arround 77K. This means he could achive a higher score in lesser time, but it also mean if he should take a bathroom break he had lesser time... (When the ball was registrated in hole Nr. 10 there's a tune played, and when the ball is put in play again and hitting the wrong hole (the game raises the bar later in the game to make the gameplay more difficult) he would have arround 2 minutes 10 seconds, when the game sped up the time was half that..