Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall View Post
    Since TG switched over to its own private video system and no longer uses Youtube, there has been more allowance and flexibility granted in this area. While submitters should avoid capturing copyrighted music in their submissions, it should be no longer a significant adjudicator concern. Twin Galaxies admin will handle on a case-by-case basis where necessary.
    What. Where had you previously announced that new rule? What do you mean that TG will handle on a case by case basis?

SO Wes can have copyright music in his videos, but YOU might decide that I, or someone else can't?

The way I see it is from now on we ALL can have copyright music playing in our vids!

Please explain.

john

Likes DonkeyKongGenius liked this post
  2. BANNED Credibility: 897
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    What. Where had you previously announced that new rule? What do you mean that TG will handle on a case by case basis?

SO Wes can have copyright music in his videos, but YOU might decide that I, or someone else can't?

The way I see it is from now on we ALL can have copyright music playing in our vids!

Please explain.

john

Perhaps it will be based upon criteria, such that considers how much, and how loud, etc.
    Corey Chambers [URL]http://www.twitch.tv/clchambers00[/URL] [URL]http://wiki.donkeykonggenius.com[/URL] - Gaming Wiki for Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Junior, and Mario Bros
  3. VERIFIED TG Head Custodian Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Please explain.

john

The explanation is easy. In cases where TG ADMIN believes that it can not legally defend a particular submission due to copyright music inclusion, it will be forced to either mute the video or take it down.

The issue is not binary and has a legal slope. TG advises not to include copyrighted music where possible.
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian and Caretaker

www.TwinGalaxies.com
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 9,307
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: idesidious
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    44 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    In all honesty, I think the music artists should feel honored that they are being played during a DK record-breaking run. Great job again, Wes. :)
    Likes muscleandfitness liked this post
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,992
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    In all honesty, I think the music artists should feel honored that they are being played during a DK record-breaking run.
    They might, the companies behind them who love nothing more than $$ wouldn't but regardless... Jace has cleared this question up so... Let's congratulate Wes on this fantastic run! Well done sir!

Accepted
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,645
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Congratulations! Amazing score, ACCEPTED of course!
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 22,555
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall View Post
    The explanation is easy. In cases where TG ADMIN believes that it can not legally defend a particular submission due to copyright music inclusion, it will be forced to either mute the video or take it down.

The issue is not binary and has a legal slope. TG advises not to include copyrighted music where possible.
    OK. Just so that we all are clear on your stance on music in submissions........

My question being……….”TG advises not to include copyrighted music where possible”.
    But it is OK if we do? Ie…Wes has done it twice in a row now. I just want to confirm that YOU don’t have a problem with Wes or anyone using what is most likely copyrighted music?

Further, you’ll mute or take down the vid ONLY if you get a complaint from the copyright holder ? Otherwise it’s OK? Is that right?

John
  8. VERIFIED TG Head Custodian Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    OK. Just so that we all are clear on your stance on music in submissions........

My question being……….”TG advises not to include copyrighted music where possible”.
    But it is OK if we do? Ie…Wes has done it twice in a row now. I just want to confirm that YOU don’t have a problem with Wes or anyone using what is most likely copyrighted music?

Further, you’ll mute or take down the vid ONLY if you get a complaint from the copyright holder ? Otherwise it’s OK? Is that right?

John
    The goal is to keep instances of unnecessary copyrighted music to a minimum whenever possible - however the fact is that sometimes when a video game performance is recorded, external audio can be captured along with the performance. The performance is what matters in this instance and is the reason people will watch the video. It is not for adjudicators to judge or disqualify a performance based on the appearance of copyrighted music - it is a matter for TG ADMIN.

TG ADMIN will mute or take down a video if it believes that it can not legally defend that particular video from a claim.
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian and Caretaker

www.TwinGalaxies.com
    Likes rotunda, DonkeyKongGenius liked this post
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,782
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    43 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Really good to see you finally put an amazing score out there Wes! You certainly have earned this and you have my accepted vote!
    Stephen K. Boyer
    Former Twin Galaxies Sr. Referee
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 1,517,380 ( Arcade Medium World Record )
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 788,970 ( Arcade Medium NO POW World Record )
    Mario Bros. Single Player MEDIUM 4,260,210 ( MAME World Record )
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5