thread

PC - Metal Slug - Points - Single Player

User Tag List

Donate and help activate this track:

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to vote this track.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,845
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: bensweeneyonbass
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    106 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.twingalaxies.com/help.php

#5 under General Gameplay Global Rules and Guidelines:
    The use of cheat codes, cheat devices, in-game codes and continues are disallowed as a general rule. The only exceptions to this rule are:
    Any game track/variation that explicitly overrides this general rule with its own rules governing the matter within its specific listed rule set.

So, continues are not allowed unless explicitly stated. The rule set for this track says "5 credits" but does not say "continues allowed (up to 4)" or anything like that. If I was adjudicating, I would consider this a situation where continues are NOT allowed but would be confused by the "5 credits" point in the rules. If you can't start with 1 credit and the true minimum is 5 credits upon game start, then fine and this track is A-OK, but continues will NOT be allowed.
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,845
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    106 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I meant to close the comment with this:
    "The global rules make the allowance of continues the EXCEPTION but does not prohibit them"
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,875
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Ben makes a point worth considering. Although I think its obvious that putting 5 credits in the rules means you can use those credits, I can see someone debating later on. I can be pretty pedantic myself, so i cant really criticize that mindset. It might be good to clarify that all 5 credits can be used.

As for debates as to whether or not this is a good track, thats not what this thread is for. This thread is to help understand what the track is, possibly clear up wording issues, and donate. The debate over good/bad tracks has been had and decided. I really hope not every track thread turns into another huge repeat of "I dont think people should be able to track this".
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass thanked this post
    Likes Desidious liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,845
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    106 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    As for debates as to whether or not this is a good track, thats not what this thread is for. This thread is to help understand what the track is, possibly clear up wording issues, and donate. The debate over good/bad tracks has been had and decided. I really hope not every track thread turns into another huge repeat of "I dont think people should be able to track this".
    1,000x YES thank you for reminding us of that. I agree with you.

Now, if I were slicing and dicing the syntax and semantics on this rule set, I'd say "Nowhere in the rules does it say that continues are allowed, and per Rule #5 yadda yadda it has to be explicitly stated and it is not explicitly stated that continues are allowed it just says how many credits to start with"

So Joshua I need some input from you - do you wish continues to be allowed or not?

If so, I'll fund the proposed track that uses the rule set you wrote plus a clause indicating explicitly that continues are allowed.
    If not, this track can stay as-is but Mr. Rosa and I do seem to disagree about what the "5 credits" indicates and he and I have seen a lot of semantics discussion about rule sets. Because of that, I don't think this track should go through and whether or not continues are allowed, I think a new track needs created to explicitly state YES or NO on continues. I can fund stuff. But anyone that donated on this track can't get a refund. So... I guess we need to continue discussing this lol.
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 12,601
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: idesidious
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    65 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you. Trash tracks are tracks that the rules are too vague to be legit or they are just a mess-up and need to be revamp. There might be a lite vagueness in these rules here but 5 credits = 5 continues IF the player died. Right? So what other issues could we have here? I'm not familiar with Steam or PC gaming to be able to comment any more technical jargon. And I'm assuming if this gets passed the rules can be changed a bit if they aren't set up just right.
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,845
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    106 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidious View Post
    There might be a lite vagueness in these rules here but 5 credits = 5 continues IF the player died. Right?
    And I'm assuming if this gets passed the rules can be changed a bit if they aren't set up just right.
    I think I'm starting to see it the way you guys are seeing it. "5 credits" is like saying "You may use 5 credits." So if the creator of this track (Joshua) is OK with using all 5 credits, this track can be fully founded.

Buuut there's one other issue I think with this one and Spectre mentioned it - should the rules state what games/ports/versions are available to submit on instead of just saying Steam? I'm not sure how comfortable TG would be with REMOVING clauses from rule sets (versus further clarifying existing rules) but it would be best if this rule set said NOTHING about Steam or EVERYTHING about what versions are acceptable. This doesn't necessarily invalidate this track, but if it says Steam it could prohibit other ports being submitted. And maybe that's what the founder wants but I can't say.
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 12,601
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: idesidious
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    65 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Can we at least put (Steam version) on the track title?
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,994
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: spectredk
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    64 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I know what you mean but my point is that there's no Metal Slug game for this platform, so why create a track that deviates so far from all the others? Sure you can do whatever you want but people are going to look at this track as a joke. Just like they look at all those other nonesense tracks as a joke. Credit feed through a game and call yourself the world champion? Get real.

What is the reasoning behind 5 credits? That's what I dont get?
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,845
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    106 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I'm pretty sure there are tracks on PC platform for Steam games. If it exists on Steam with this game title then it belongs here on PC platform.

Also, whether or not people take the track seriously is not the issue I'm afraid. It's been stated in this very thread that this forum is to discuss the rule set, type of score (points, time, etc), and other technical aspects of the track itself, not the "spirit" of the track. I don't think it hurts TG's credibility to allow people to make tracks of their own design that deviate from what would be regarded as the standard of existing tracks.
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,994
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: spectredk
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    64 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    You're right and I recall Jace Hall said that the star rating, in time, will make the "best" track come out on top and bury the others.
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us