thread

Contest / Tournament - Wolfenstein 3-D - 20th Anniversary Celebration - Points

User Tag List

Donate and help activate this track:

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to vote this track.
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,842
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: bensweeneyonbass
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    106 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Contest / Tournament - Wolfenstein 3-D - 20th Anniversary Celebration - Points

PlatformContest / Tournament
    Game NameWolfenstein 3-D
    Description20th Anniversary Celebration - Points
    Score TypePoints Int
    RulesThis is a track for the web-hosted version of Wolfenstein 3-D that was setup in celebration of Wolfenstein 3-D's 20th anniversary. Submissions to this track must be recorded using the application at the link below via any compatible browser:

3d.wolfenstein.com

This is a limited time competition, where performances will no longer be able to be recorded after the web-hosted version of Wolfenstein 3-D is no longer available. Submissions will still be accepted after the web-hosted app is no longer available. Video evidence is required with footage of browser start-up and navigation to link above to be included. Follow the instructions/settings specifications as shown below:

Select New Game > Episode 1
    Difficulty = I Am Death Incarnate (most difficult)
    Select Level 1

Any controls and sound configuration may be used. Score is taken when GAME OVER screen appears. If you succeed in clearing Episode 1 and the game allows you to proceed to Episode 2 with your score intact, you may do so. This rule applies for any successive episodes cleared.
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,842
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    106 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I forgot to add the part "score is taken when GAME OVER screen appears or you complete all episodes" but I'm hoping that won't be a reason to shut this one down. If I were adjudicating this and someone beat the game and didn't die I'd be comfortable with taking their score at the end of the game.
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,842
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    106 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Also if anyone's wondering - the reason I founded this track primarily is because I could NOT get verification/confirmation that the web-hosted version of this game plays identically to the original PC game. I would have preferred to not create any tracks and just submit to the original PC track, but without confirmation that this is the same game in and out, I don't feel comfortable attempting to set that precedent.

I've played through a couple levels already and it really does appear identical, but also I didn't want to submit something to a permanent track that used a version of the game that might not be available in the future (I'm expecting this link to expire at a certain point but wasn't able to determine when that would be either).

Thanks all for looking at this and hopefully it'll inspire some Wolf 3D action in 2016! I'm thinking this will be a good thing with it being a web app - it should be more accessible to the masses.
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,842
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    106 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    AHHHH don't donate to this track!!! It should be a single life variation since it doesn't carry over score from life to life. Here's the new link and also I took out that bit about the episode rollover I think that's clear enough if your score stays intact.

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/153579
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,842
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    106 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I went ahead and funded the other track entirely. I think it was worth it to keep any wasted points from being spent on this one. Sorry for any confusion - thankfully this all happened pretty fast
Join us