Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: flyhec
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    89 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    The subject of having the hands in view and the screen at the same time has come up a couple times. Even though it was never in the rules I was told by refs that I had to show my hands for track and field type games. I understood why and I did it on my Track & Field NES, Track & Field Arcade, International T&F Playstation, whatever T&F is called on N64, Gameboy T&F and Gold Medal Challenge. I was told that my times just wouldn't be believed without it. For this reason, whenever someone submits on these types of games without showing hands it just makes me wonder what they are hiding, especially when they refuse.

Hec
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 12,511
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    67 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    The subject of having the hands in view and the screen at the same time has come up a couple times. Even though it was never in the rules I was told by refs that I had to show my hands for track and field type games. I understood why and I did it on my Track & Field NES, Track & Field Arcade, International T&F Playstation, whatever T&F is called on N64, Gameboy T&F and Gold Medal Challenge. I was told that my times just wouldn't be believed without it. For this reason, whenever someone submits on these types of games without showing hands it just makes me wonder what they are hiding, especially when they refuse.

Hec

I wonder if this also applies to Track & Field for the Atari. I'm working this title and its difficult to show my hands as well as the screen at the same time.
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 44,437

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    The subject of having the hands in view and the screen at the same time has come up a couple times. Even though it was never in the rules I was told by refs that I had to show my hands for track and field type games.
    Yea, your super-speed had some of them doubting you (not me). I know you saw it as a compliment though. That's the ultimate compliment.
    ​"cred-jacked" ™ RaGe © 2017 The RaGe Corp. LLC
    Likes Fly liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,120
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: marcamy_1029
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Hec
    Yeah, what RaGe said, that is considered a huge compliment. Even if a ref requested it on behalf from other competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by GregDeg View Post
    I wonder if this also applies to Track & Field for the Atari. I'm working this title and its difficult to show my hands as well as the screen at the same time.
    If the rules on the track dont state you have to show your controller, then you dont. If fact, all those 2600- T&F variations dont even have any rules. Heh.
    Likes RaGe liked this post
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,275
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: Kernzyp
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Defo an advantage.
    One button cannot be mapped to two switches.
    You will be getting 4 button pushes for every left and right switch pressed.
    To take a ***** driver out and meddle with a controller before you play a game with it, think of it like that! :D
    But I do like your idea. Necessity is the mother of invention :)
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,348
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I am in the same camp as many others:

- I respect and appreciate honest questioning and openness to feedback. That's why we are all here, right? As a newcomer to TG, this has been a nice thread to follow. Respectful discussion with a positive outcome.

- I agree that for an original console submission, original equipment should be utilized. It is how the game was intended to be played and it keeps the playing field level.

- This has been a learning experience for me. Moving forward, my plan is to show my controllers and hands for all console submissions just to help promote the spirit of honest competition.

- I had no idea a Genesis controller could be used with Atari. Learn something new every day!

- As for the mod itself, it sounds pretty interesting. In a non competitive space I would definitely be interested in trying it out.

Thats all from me, great thread!
    Likes kernzyp liked this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,664
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    View Channel: powrie
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    39 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Literally the first rule in the Global Rules and Guidelines for ALL games.

RULE #1:

"
    Unless otherwise specified in a game leaderboard variation rule set, the general rule is that all games are to be played with original controllers, on original hardware, with original game software."

In my opinion this is saying;

If you are submitting a score on an Atari 2600

ONLY controllers made by Atari for the Atari 2600 should be allowed, completely original and unmodified. Period.

Last edited by Powrie; 05-27-2016 at 02:59 AM. Reason: clarifying
    Thanks jerky thanked this post
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,869
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    wow i'm late to the party on this one, but still want to weigh in, really just combing what other have said

we already allow the genesis, however we do outlaw rapid fire, so fine certain mods arent allowed. track and field is also great precedent, but thats just it, when a rule like skin to button rule is made, you also need to be able to verify it. If we're gonna enforce no mods for this title, then must like track n field there has to be a corresponding rule to require showing hands. Are we really gonna outlaw direct feed for this title? seems really inconsistent to allow hiding hands but at the same time make a rule that such a thing cant be used.

i mean think about it "hey you must play the following way, however you dont have to provide any evidence showing you followed this rule" -- how does that make sense?
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Join us