thread

Would You Accept This Ms. Pac-Man Arcade Submission?

User Tag List

1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,589
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: bensweeneyonbass
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    92 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Would You Accept This Ms. Pac-Man Arcade Submission?

Hello everyone!

Please see my YouTube link below. It's an export of a streaming session I had today at my local arcade in Erie, PA. Run begins around 2:00:

Ms. Pac-Man is a game where the dip switch settings can be verified visually. Starting number of Pacs and point value for bonus Pac.

Nothing's shown but the outside of the cabinet and the screen. This is how the vast majority of my arcade stream sessions go. Only when I'm intending to set a record do I arrange with the arcade to see the inside of the cabinet.

Here's the question - would YOU accept this run if I submitted this video to TG.com for Arcade platform?
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 48,569
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    44 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Ben, thanks for reaching out in support of this one! I saw your entire run, and I personally would vote Yes (Accept) if you were to submit it for Twin Galaxies Adjudication Submission Process (TGSAP). As you said, the default setting may be confirmed by the game play, which I'm certainly familiar with, Ms. Pac-man being one of my favorite of the Pac-man games, along with Pac-mania :)

For future references though, you may want to zoom into the score, since the quality of the score display isn't super crisp, but still viewable. If you don't provide video evidence of the machine's hardware, I've noticed that photos are then preferred by some adjudicators, such as in this submission package thread: dauber Jr. Turbo Pac-man. Nice run Ben, and good luck!

-Duc
    My best streamed game of Centipede: https://secure.twitch.tv/gallopinggh...ade/v/51955812 (786k, clean, no cussing for those who may be concerned)

Nothing should be enough for people to vote world records or other records. Completely insane practise. -Janutzska

I guess it's about trying to live a life where I'm not contributing to the cruelty in the world... While I am on this planet, I want everyone I meet to know that I am grateful they are here. - Jessica Chastain
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass thanked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,589
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    92 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Duc! And thanks for watching live.

Good call on the zoom-in. I need to do a better job at that on console runs too when things are a bit fuzzy/overlit.

BTW the new addition to the Erie arcade has a Millipede machine. Not Centipede but sure is fun! Haven't played Millipede arcade machine since I was less than ten years old. Also thanks for the note about pics and such. If something becomes an issue I can always go back to Play Port and ask for a chance to take pics/video of the inside of the cabinet. I'm very thankful to live in a town where the local arcade owner not only allows but supports the capturing of game play footage. Brad Nuce from Play Port deserves a shout-out. Great man doing great work for the arcade scene in Erie.
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 23,062
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Well Ben, at least you have balls big enough to admit that you suck at this game. Because you do.

I enjoyed the vid. Thanks!

john

Likes creech liked this post
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,589
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    92 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    LOL darn right John. It's one of those games that I'd LOVE to be great at but am not. Like Tetris. LOVE that game - really crappy at it.

Thanks for watching!