thread

Six Pac kit from Cambrige and submissions?

User Tag List

1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,206
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Six Pac kit from Cambrige and submissions?

I have yet to submit any arcade based scores on TG. I have great respect for the strict submission process. I have a question regarding PacMan. I recently installed a SixPac daughter card from Cambrige Arcade. The daughter card allows the user to play 6 different PacMan variations utilizing original roms. (I'm sure many of you are familiar with this.). PacMan, PacPlus, Ms PacMan are all available in both standard and fast speeds.

With th this daughter card in place, is my machine eligible for submissions? (Obviously all rules regarding dip switches etc would be followed)

*Just as a side note, I'm a terrible PacMan player of all variations. I'm not in a position, nor will I be, to submit scores anywhere near the top half of the leaderboards.
    Likes bensweeneyonbass liked this post
  2. VERIFIED Honored Veteran Credibility: 31,422

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: barthax
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    39 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Note that I do not have an answer to the question. :(

Traditonally, any modification to the original hardware was not permitted. However, there have been a couple of high-score kits which have been accepted in the current-era scoreboard. I suspect (very brief research) that this kit is quite a lot of "disturbance" to the original board and so probably shouldn't be tracked with the originals in my expectation... My expectation comes largely from, for example, the multiple "anniversary" editions produced by the original manufacturer are not tracked with the original releases.

Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,206
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the reply. Here is some more info about the kit.......

http://cambridgearcade.dyndns.org/?q=node/5