Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Fix-It Felix, Jr. new record (me) and TG tracking discussion

Goooooooood morning peoples! So I finally got my score accepted over at record setter for the Fix-It Felix, Jr. arcade <pause for applause>.

link: https://recordsetter.com/world-recor...r-arcade/48098

That score is actually what got me started over here at TG. Since there is no track for it I wanted to get involved enough to create one. Since that start I am hooked and doubt I'll be leaving any time soon...but...I digress. I gathered enough submission points to create a track for the game, and did so, but ran into some verbiage issues as pointed out by Barthax in the track thread (link: http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...elix-Jr-Points) The thread also contains some good videos linked by Lance showing how the arcade works internally.

My question to people here is how would everyone like this track to be worded? My original wording included needing to hit the kill screen (to match the recordsetter wording) but that was a mistake since it prevents others from submitting high scores if they die on the last level.

I plan to resubmit this track so I can upload a full video for adjudication but want to get some feedback in hopes of preventing another goof :)

Thanks for any and all input and happy gaming!
    Roses are red...cacti are thorny...

VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 34,405

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Word it the way you want but don't require kill screen?

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not sure how many lives at start are required and such, but DO NOT include kill screen for sure. That's a start.

VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,591

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by creech View Post
    I'm not sure how many lives at start are required and such, but DO NOT include kill screen for sure. That's a start.
    To my knowledge and research there is only one difficulty setting and one "loadout" for this game. It was designed by Disney to run from a PC in the case and has no dip-switch settings for increased starting lives, extra lives, etc.

VERIFIED Honored Veteran Credibility: 35,716

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: barthax
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Also: no need to re-create the track for another 10 points. After the track is created you can e-mail Franny (at this domain) and request that slight wording change.

For competition's sake, preventing someone from submitting to a track just because they're unable to reach the kill screen seems an artificial requirement. ;) Ultimately, however, know this: this is your track and if you want to keep the kill screen requirement that's your option to do so.

Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I'd maybe wait a day as more info may arise, but default dips and not requiring any kill screen is good. I'm not the person to word tracks, I did like wreck it ralph.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Also: no need to re-create the track for another 10 points. After the track is created you can e-mail Franny (at this domain) and request that slight wording change.

For competition's sake, preventing someone from submitting to a track just because they're unable to reach the kill screen seems an artificial requirement. ;) Ultimately, however, know this: this is your track and if you want to keep the kill screen requirement that's your option to do so.
    I don't want to knock Franny because she is a sport, but I'm not sure if tracks are reworded that easy or quickly anymore. Still waiting on baby pac. Poor Franny. This though, should be the main focus of TG. We need to fix tracks or get them right form the get go. I love the wall, but not over this.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with you completely Barthax and regret wording the track listing in the manner I did. To your point about this being "my track" - I'd like to think that tracking games here should be done from a community point of view and if someone proposes a requirement for a track that someone else can logically render unnecessarily limiting then the proposer should be willing to revise. In this scenario the kill-screen was/is unnecessarily limiting to competition and thank you for pointing that out to me.

So, I am considering then:

Game must be played on the arcade version on 1 credit on the default settings (which are the only known settings).

Multiple versions of this arcade cabinet exist, some of which do not actively track the high score on the screen (stays 15,000 for the duration of the game and doesn't update past the kill-screen). Due to this the score used will be the score displayed in the top left at the point where the player either loses their last life or reaches the kill-screen.

Seems like the proper way to remove the kill-screen requirement and also denote that the default settings should be used (which are the only known settings for this game).

I'll let this thread sit here until the end of the weekend to give other people a chance to weigh in and be heard.

Cheers!
    Likes Barthax liked this post

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Good luck waiting for the track to be fixed(reworded)

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by creech View Post
    Good luck waiting for the track to be fixed(reworded)
    I'm going to wait until the end of the weekend to decide on anything. I still might reword the track and resubmit it to save the trouble down the road. I do appreciate your warning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us