User Tag List

Thread: Questions about VS. Super Mario Bros rules.

Junior Member Credibility: 1,000

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Questions about VS. Super Mario Bros rules.

Well peoples of TG, this game have a multiple infinite pattern in tons of parts the game and it is banned from the hi-score rank in Japan. To considerate legit and hi-score in this game are necessary a complete set of special rules. Actually in TG there are many rules for this game but...

I think that the actual rules are wrong because is permit lost 4 lives in all game. So the best players use a sacrifice in stage 8-1 because in that stage you can win and lost a life at the same time (there is a 1up). This is a infinite pattern (also if limited to 4 lives) because the number of lives not decrease. In these cases an important rule / act is: in the part of the game when you have a infinite pattern you must complete that stage WITHOUT lost any life.

Furthermore i'm not agree also with the axe rule at the end of any castle. When you touch the axe at 000 seconds the time recovery a max and you can obtain about 50.000 points. This is not infinite pattern and it is dangerous to do, because you must touch the axe with perfect timing. If you miss the perfect timing you lost a life with a big damage for your hi-score. If you are Fire Super Mario you have good chance to win this bonus. If you a little Mario is too dangerous try the 000 seconds and you skip this chance, so this pattern / bug is totally a risk for the player. IMO I think is correct use for hi-score.

VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,659

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: powrie
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I think you misread the lives rule. It says that your score attempt ends after you lose the 5th life. This means if you die 5 times the score attempt is over. It does not matter how many 1-up's you collect.

As for touching the axe at 000 seconds, while it is dangerous it was obviously not meant to work that way. So most consider it a glitch and I think all the vs. Super Mario Bros. tracks are no glitch runs.

You can also collect submission points and make your own vs. Super Mario Bros. track

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    In the games with multiple infinite pattern there is one solution only (the same for Wardner already approved in past on TG): 1 life only.

Top players can finish this game with 1 life. But with 5 lives rules, 4 lives are used to sacrifice with an infinite pattern in stage 8-1. About the Axe and the strategy of 000 seconds, many games (hundreds) have a little bugs of this type, but I not see any special rules for them.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Oh I see. You want a 1 life only track with the axe glitch allowed. Sounds cool, I would submit to that track.

VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,192

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: spectredk
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Play View Post
    Top players can finish this game with 1 life. But with 5 lives rules, 4 lives are used to sacrifice with an infinite pattern in stage 8-1.
    What exactly is this infinite pattern?
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Super Play is saying that top players beat the game in 1 life anyway to get the high score. Then they sacrifice 4 lives on level 8-1 because you get a "free" 1-up early in the level and can score lots of points. If everyone does this just take out the 5 lives rule and make it 1 life.

What Super Play does not understand is that the 5 lives track will never change. You can make a new "track" for vs Super Mario Bros that has the rule set you want and then people can submit to that track also.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Oh! I think I misunderstood then. I thought you could leech points indefinitely on 8-1 with just 1 life.

Yea, the solution is to create a new track and copy the rules and correct the 5 lives rule to 1 life only.
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre View Post
    What exactly is this infinite pattern?
    Infinite pattern is a problem of many games. Is the chance to play infinite with no skill. Exemple:

you obtain 10,000 pts, you win 1up, you die. Repeat one, two, 100 times for this loop. I can write a tons of exemples. Also Bubble Bobble have an infinite pattern for exemple.

About the Axe in Vs. Super Mario, this is a glitch, obviously. Glitch are part integral of the game, and there are millions of glitch in all games that TG not know, some of theme are tolerable because is necessary skill, other are stupid glitch (I know maybe 1500+ in many arcade games between 1986 and 2003). If a glitch not cause an infinite pattern you can accept it. For me is not very important if this glitch is accepted or not, but the rules "one life only" for a game with infinite pattern is necessary. The same as Wardner years ago.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Just so that we are clear, with the current rules of 5 lives maximum in Vs Super Mario Bros, you can only do the infinite pattern 4 times and use the remaining life to finish the game.

Join us