Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    im sorry but I dont agree with you @datagod

you are not listening to what he is saying. i found a clip where he speaks with authority about video games and i have to agree with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJdTM5tEWWU
    -the truth is important
    Thanks jjt_defender, datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod, jjt_defender, Marcade, Robert.F liked this post
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,172
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: francoisadt
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    63 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Fellow gamers

I am agreeing with PSP that it is unprofesional for whoever they are to attack verbally his family. One has to be mature to talk about difference of opinion without getting mean and talking in demotion towards someone if you are the "better". We all collective add to the body of knowledge of video gaming but remember we need ammasodars like PSP to carry out the message of video gaming. I cannot do that, that is not my job, simirarily most of us here. PSP do have an honest passion for it and he have done is fair share playing and engaging continously in some events during the year which is a good thing to do. He does not know all there is to know about all the games, all the plarforms every single title - if that is some expectation. The thing here is in every field one need to have the ability to quickly learn new skills and grow knowledge in your area of expertize. Eg: I have been a programmer for many years, so becuase of a certain skill level I can anytime any day learn any programming language that come out before doing a course ABC, then doing the next level.... One come to a place where learning and doing is part of your job. The same here with PSP passion, he can quickly learn and research in his field - video gaming as the need arises. Then be able to use that to the benefit of his business and the comunity of gamers.

I have no idea why the video was put out there or what causes it or what demeaning comments were made towards PSP and his family but us rather give room to people like him doing the evagelistic and promotional works video gaming needs, so what plarform and forums would be ideal for this, let us rather not be blind and rather say, ok, are there any others having the same passion/calling maybe they can pull the cart through the water when the going gets tough in the future preservation of video games and the promotion of these into the correct platforms to enable us playing these on ESport platforms?
    Last edited by francoisadt; 09-20-2016 at 03:55 AM.
    streaming mspacman normal and turbo speed at:

Francois du Toit
    Thanks jjt_defender thanked this post
    Likes jjt_defender liked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,370
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    There is no they. There is only one person that mentions his family. RFJ.

Ambassadors should be upstanding and not all corrupted and colluded.
    Last edited by datagod; 09-23-2016 at 09:39 PM.
    "May the Heavy Hand spare you" -- Datagod 1:19
    ~~ Strongest Punch on Twin Galaxies ~~

Thanks jjt_defender, francoisadt thanked this post
    Likes jjt_defender, Marcade liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,172
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: francoisadt
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    63 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    There is no they. There is one person that mentions his family. RFJ.

Ambassadors should be upstanding and not all corrupted and colluded.
    In his video PSP did not mention a person according his speech one derive it could becmore than one therefore my plural. I agree if an ambassador was in some way not honest in dealings with people he/she need to make restitution.

Also what I have written in my post below is about a principle and apply to any other, other than PSP therefore also the reason I have used the word "they". If words so specific are so crucial then you missing the principle I am trying to explain. Next it could be someone els in the same boat.
    streaming mspacman normal and turbo speed at:

Francois du Toit
  5. VERIFIED Honored Veteran Credibility: 27,463

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: barthax
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    PSP is media-trained and knows how to weave a story. Datagod's interpretation of PSP's personality is on the ball.

That said, PSP is bang on the money about parents poor attitude to games.

Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Thanks Marcade, francoisadt, datagod thanked this post
    Likes Marcade, datagod, JWJr liked this post
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 835
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: user/EmpireArcadia
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by francoisadt View Post
    Also what I have written in my post below is about a principle and apply to any other, other than PSP therefore also the reason I have used the word "they". If words so specific are so crucial then you missing the principle I am trying to explain. Next it could be someone els in the same boat.
    Rarely do I get involved in any of these personal topics on Twin Galaxies, but francoisadt I must commend your efforts as a man of principle. It is rare and hard to find in people. I don't really know much about PSP and I do hear some negative things being said about him, a majority from RJF, if not all. It is childish for anyone to attack anyone personally. Regardless of what he is accused of, being a scumbag to someone that is perceive or is a scumbag, does not make anything better. Honestly, I just think people should leave him alone. If he's not harming anyone then let him rock on. If he has a position that he stands on in gaming that someone disagrees with, then they should step into a professional debate with him on it or simply do the research and find a platform to post evidence to the contrary. That is the adult way to deal with things. No one is perfect and Twin Galaxies as a community, like the entire world has a lot of false people in it so people should fall back a bit on attacking anyone. I personally allow people to be who they are, if I don't agree with them I just don't communicate or involve myself with them. Pretty simple, mature way to deal with other people. This is why I don't speak with people on sites, I rather in person. You get to see who they really are. However you "francoisadt" are a refreshing breath of air to have read your response on principle and neutrality. If there were only more people like you in the retro community; heck on earth for that matter, the world would be a better place.
    Last edited by TriForce; 09-20-2016 at 11:29 AM.
    Thanks francoisadt, jjt_defender thanked this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,370
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TriForce View Post
    Honestly, I just think people should leave him alone. If he's not harming anyone then let him rock on.
    The problem with that is that he makes videos where he labels entire groups of people as folks who attack his family, name call, pick on kids, etc. He gets attacked by a certain Las Vegas gamer. He responds by blaming everyone, saying that everyone who disagrees with him is making those same attacks.

It is untrue, and unprofessional.

8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 835
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: user/EmpireArcadia
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    The problem with that is that he makes videos where he labels entire groups of people as folks who attack his family, name call, pick on kids, etc. He gets attacked by a certain Las Vegas gamer. He responds by blaming everyone, saying that everyone who disagrees with him is making those same attacks.

It is untrue, and unprofessional.
    What's true and unprofessional is everyone's point of view. I don't really care about that. If one man's voice can disrupt and entire communities perception on itself then its the community that needs to check itself. That's like someone trying to convince another person that they're crazy. If the person being convinced believe's what is being told to them... heh, that's on that person. If the whole community agrees that what is being said by one person is not true or credible, then by simply ignoring that person, it will strip the person of all their power and influence. Following up with them only suggest that something is wrong.

More importantly, my reply was exclusively to "francoisadt" , it was not a general comment nor meant for anyone else. I don't want to give the impression that I'm taking any sides or care about what was said by who etc. etc. That has no baring on me nor does it help the community in my opinion, which I tend to keep to myself here. I say this because I don't want you to misunderstand or misconstrue my statement that was not directed towards you or the community but to "francoisadt" only. I'm do not take the side of the community or PSP, I take the side of principle. So your testimony as to what PSP said does, etc. I could careless. I'm sure there is a sect in this very community that has negative things to say about me. In fact, I'm sure of it.

So in the future, unless you're talking about "francoisadt" point on principle, please keep your testimonies about these negative things to you and the community. I'm not interested. Thank you.
    Last edited by TriForce; 09-20-2016 at 01:59 PM.
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 28,683

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    If you're so interested in one person I'd recommend personal messages. It's a great way to keep people from commenting on things that you posted on a general forum :D
    Likes datagod, Marcade, jjt_defender, ZEN liked this post
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,370
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TriForce View Post
    More importantly, my reply was exclusively to "francoisadt" , it was not a general comment nor meant for anyone else.
    Sorry Triforce. That is not how forums work. If you have a personal message to anyone, use the private message function.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Join us