Score Trackhttp://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=5194
    RulesROMSet: LadyBug
    Difficulty: Medium
    Rack Test [Cheat]: Off
    Freeze: Off
    Cabinet: Upright
    Free Play: No
    Lives: 3
    Special Rules: Extra Lives can be obtained by spelling Extra.
    Submission MessageAhh... yet another instalment of "Games at which I'm sure I used to be better as a child". Plenty of room to improve here - I keep pre-empting corners pacman-style.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks jjt_defender thanked for this post
    Likes creech, jjt_defender liked this post
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,502
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Good stuff here Terence...that last death, argh! Despite being a classic, I never really played this much before, but I remember it being tough.

Accepted.
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,356
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: rogerpoco48
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    47 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Swear-thinking same thing about last death,AND it being a game I've heard of a lot,but not really played it.
    Looks tough. Also looks like the same development team as Mr. Do!,but I guess that's obvious.
    Good Job,that looks very tough.
  4. VERIFIED Veteran Member Credibility: 35,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: stella_blue
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

After watching the uploaded video in its entirety, I can confirm both the score (71,230) and number of starting lives (3). I have not verified the other settings, as I am in possession of neither WolfMAME Version 180 nor the LadyBug romset.

Although no one is obligated to conduct the MAME analysis, I suspect that a number of voters are reluctant to accept without it.

The same predicament probably exists for this separate submission:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...0-Terence-Wong

Likes jjt_defender liked this post
  5. BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 26,728
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Lady Bug Game Starts at :04 of the video 3

Lady Bugs at the Start of the Game ALL GOOD A OK

Lady Bug Game Settings & MAME ANALYST by ???

M.A.M.E. - Lady Bug - Points - 71,230 - Terence Wong Final Score is at 8:01 of the video

6. BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 26,728
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Lady Bug is an insect-themed maze chase arcade game produced by Universal Entertainment Corporation and released in 1981. Its gameplay is similar to Pac-Man, with the primary addition to the formula being gates that change the layout of the maze when used. The arcade original was relatively obscure, but the game found wider recognition and success as a launch title for the ColecoVision console.The goal of Lady Bug is to eat all "flowers", hearts and letters in the maze while avoiding other insects. The player is represented by a red, yellow, and green character resembling a ladybug while the enemy insects' appearance varies by level. The border of the maze acts as timer, with each circuit signaling the release of an enemy insect from the central area, up to (generally) a maximum of four. The speed of the circuit increases on stages 2 and 5.There are eight different enemy insects — a different insect is introduced on each of the first eight levels. Beginning on level 9, each level has four different enemies.
    Unlike Pac-Man, the player can alter the layout of the maze by shifting any of the twenty green gates. It is not possible to completely isolate a portion of the maze through gate-shifting.
    When the fourth enemy insect enters the maze, the central area will show a level-specific vegetable. Eating a vegetable gives the player bonus points and immobilizes the enemy insects for several seconds, though touching them is still lethal. The randomly placed skull icons are lethal to ladybugs and enemy insects. An enemy insect who dies returns to the central area. Once a vegetable is eaten, the central area will remain empty unless an enemy insect dies and is re-released, revealing a new vegetable. A ladybug who dies will shrink from view and be briefly replaced with icons resembling the stereotypical wings and halo of an angel.
    The colors of the hearts and letters cycle through a short red, a middling yellow, and a longer blue. The point values are as follows:

• Flower: 10 points (20, 30, or 50 points with appropriate multiplier)
    • Blue letter/heart: 100 points (200, 300, or 500 points with appropriate multiplier)
    • Yellow letter/heart: 300 points (600, 900, or 1500 points with appropriate multiplier)
    • Red letter/heart: 800 points (1600, 2400, or 4000 points with appropriate multiplier)
    • Vegetable: Starts at 1000 points, increases by 500 with each level to a maximum of 9500 points on level 18. Beyond this level, the vegetable's appearance (horseradish) and point value remain fixed.

If a heart is consumed while it is blue, a point multiplier will come into effect, indicated by the blue section in the upper right corner of the screen. The first blue heart doubles all point values, the second triples them and the third quintuples them. This multiplier lasts until the level is complete. Eating hearts while they are yellow or red offers no benefit beyond the points collected.
    At each level, the maze will contain three letters. The first will be randomly selected from the set of {X, T, R} (which appear only in EXTRA), the second will be randomly selected from the set of {S, P, C, I, L} (which appear only in SPECIAL), and the third will be an A or an E (which appear in both words). A secondary goal of the player is to complete the words SPECIAL (indicated in red in the top left corner) and EXTRA (in yellow at top center). If, for example, a letter S is consumed while it is red, the corresponding letter in the word SPECIAL will change from grey to red. Eating an S while it is any other color (or if the S in SPECIAL is already red) offers no benefit beyond the points collected. Completing the word SPECIAL rewards the player with a free game, while completing EXTRA gives the player an extra life. Completing either word causes all its letters to return to normal and immediately advances the player to the next level.

The vegetables associated with the first 18 levels and their corresponding point values are: 1 - cucumber (1000), 2 - eggplant (1500), 3 - carrot (2000), 4 - radish (2500), 5 - parsley (3000), 6 - tomato (3500), 7 - pumpkin (4000), 8 - bamboo shoot (4500), 9 - Japanese radish (5000), 10 - mushroom (5500), 11 - potato (6000), 12 - onion (6500), 13 - Chinese cabbage (7000), 14 - turnip (7500), 15 - red peper (8000) [note that the name is misspelled in the game], 16 - celery (8500), 17 - sweet potato (9000), 18 - horseradish (9500).

Lady Bug
    Thanks stella_blue thanked for this post
    Likes stella_blue, Rogerpoco liked this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,502
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by stella_blue View Post

After watching the uploaded video in its entirety, I can confirm both the score (71,230) and number of starting lives (3). I have not verified the other settings, as I am in possession of neither WolfMAME Version 180 nor the LadyBug romset.

Although no one is obligated to conduct the MAME analysis, I suspect that a number of voters are reluctant to accept without it.

The same predicament probably exists for this separate submission:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...0-Terence-Wong

Yeah, this isn't very fair to Terence - he and Barthax are the only ones who have been performing MAME analyses for the past year (as far as I've seen), and with Barthax stepping away, that leaves no one to run the analysis on Terence's submissions. I'd be willing to help out if I had even the slightest idea of how to do it, but it's all a mystery to me...is there anyone else who could step in? If not, I think the community needs to be willing to accept without analysis.
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,538
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the concern... but no rush.

Although under TGSAP, submissions could be accepted without analysis - they could even be accepted in blatant breach of rules, even with no evidence! I suppose the "A" would then stand for "anarchy", but hey...

It's probably not a bad time then to consider what we get out of the analysis, and how we would maintain similar scrutiny without it. I'm not saying it's as easy, but it can be done.

Apologies because, I'm going to miss some stuff here, but the mandatories that should be considered (surely this was written down somewhere)...
    Was WolfMAME used?
    Does the version reported by the INP/WLF match the version submitted?
    Was the right ROMset used (taking any relevant ROMset renames into account)?
    Does the INP playback to the score in the submission?
    For versions that produce a WLF file (0.90-0.106 I think), was it provided, and does it pass validity checks?
    Is the average recorded speed >= 95%?
    Does the submission comply with the rules for the track? If not, are the breaches tolerable (e.g. Continue=Yes, but not used)?

The more nebulous things...
    Was it signed (where permitted by the game) with letters that suggest ownership by the submitter? Even then, do we still care?
    Do we have any reason to suspect the use of auto-fire, tool-assists (software, hardware or otherwise), pausing, INP manipulation... or anything that goes against that thing we know as "the spirit of the game"?
    Do we believe the submission was performed by the submitter, and by any other means than just playing the game and recording?
    Are we happy for the submitted INP to be representative of what we deem acceptable at TG? Possibly short-sightedly, I suggest this should be solely judged on the INP itself, and not the person submitting.

Or something like that... :) But seriously, I can wait.
    Likes jjt_defender liked this post
  9. BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 26,728
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    terencew Can you Teach How to do MAME ANALYST I JJT Johnny am a Newbie on MAME willing to Learn to Help Out?
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 17,005
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Is it possible to do an automatic analysis? It would be great if TG has something in this line, regarding MAME submissions. Of course, just the data, because the interpretation is always necessary by us.
    TRB_MetroidTeam
    Metroid Team, from Brazil
    Likes stella_blue liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast