User Tag List

Is this a valid score?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Street Fighter II': Hyper Fighting - NTSC - Points [Normal Mode] - 1,230,200 - Chris Gleed

VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,287

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Street Fighter II': Hyper Fighting - NTSC - Points [Normal Mode] - 1,230,200 - Chris Gleed

NTSC - Points [Normal Mode]
    Score Trackhttp://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=14778
    RulesAny Turbo Speed, Normal Mode, 8 Star Difficulty, Time Limit = Yes, Any Controller Configuration, No Codes Allowed!
    Special Rules: You may select any available character.
    Submission Message0:00 hardware verification
    7:26 options menu, followed by start of submitted run
    28:53 final score, followed by initials entered and hi score table

Thanks for looking!

VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 30,534

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    The cheat menu needs to be shown here too

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    The Everdrive manual notes:

All codes will be reset when user loads a new game (Load only or Load And Start).

this can be found on page 7 here: https://krikzz.com/pub/support/super...0manual-EN.pdf

I clearly showed the game being loaded at the start of the submission video.

Would appreciate it if someone with an Everdrive could also verify this. I will try to make a video demonstrating it when I get home tonight, and post a link.
    Matthew 21:22

Street Fighter (15th) Anniversary Collection: Hyper Street Fighter II World Champion (PS2)

VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,597

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I'll load up my super everdrive tonight to help clarify. @YesAffinity and I have the same model everdrive.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    YouTube/GGA HAN
    Twitter/Pete_Hahn
    Twitch.TV/GGA_HAN
    Pete Hahn aka "GGA HAN"
    Thanks YesAffinity, HugDD thanked for this post
    Likes YesAffinity, HugDD liked this post

VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 30,534

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by YesAffinity View Post
    The Everdrive manual notes:

All codes will be reset when user loads a new game (Load only or Load And Start).

this can be found on page 7 here: https://krikzz.com/pub/support/super...0manual-EN.pdf

I clearly showed the game being loaded at the start of the submission video.

Would appreciate it if someone with an Everdrive could also verify this. I will try to make a video demonstrating it when I get home tonight, and post a link.
    I'm pretty sure all of the Everdrives reset. The thing is though, what if someone finds a way to get around that? Right now, everyone is showing the cheat menu. It's a simple enough thing to do. If your submissions were to get accepted, others will stop showing the menu, too. Then, the person that actually is a cheater slips through the cracks. You may think I'm being overly cautious, but I used to be a ref. I've seen some things.. You have to be one step ahead.
    Likes Fly liked this post

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    This video confirms that loading a rom, at least on the SNES everdrive, will wipe any entered cheat codes.

That echoes the excerpt that I posted above. Frankly, I had to watch the video to figure out how to enter cheats, and I still haven't done it, but would be happy to make a recording of the following: follow the process in the video, loading a game with a cheat code enabled, demonstrate the cheat in place, then re-load the rom and demonstrate the cheat is no longer in place after choosing "load and start". The ultimate conclusion being that "load and start" wipes out any cheat codes, and I clearly show that I choose "load and start" to load the game then proceed to playing.

Please also consider, there is no formal "this is what you do when using an everdrive" guideline posted...at least not that I'm aware of. And if there is, please point me to it (open request to the community).

Please also consider that the general protocol for adjudicating is not to chase "what i**s" all day, but rather, "was this a legitimate performance?" I think given all of the above information and what I clearly showed in my videos, it should be able to be concluded that this was a legitimate performance.

But, I leave it up to the community, I respect your stance, and would also like to hear from others. Maybe this can also be an opportunity to simplify the process, ergo, choosing "load and start" to launch a game on a snes Krikzz.com everdrive is accepted as always ensuring there are no cheats enabled.

For the record, I will clearly show the cheat menu moving forward, as a matter of best practice.

Street Fighter (15th) Anniversary Collection: Hyper Street Fighter II World Champion (PS2)
    Thanks HugDD thanked for this post
    Likes HugDD liked this post

VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 865

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Accepted....... Next time please don't lose to Bison.

-James
    Thanks YesAffinity thanked for this post
    Likes YesAffinity liked this post

VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 865

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    RaGe, Han, please. You can tell by this gameplay it hasn't been hacked, or he used video editing to cheat. Any trained eye playing the game can see that, and we went over the Everdrive stuff in another thread, it's a done deal.

I see no reason to reject this even on a procedural reject. He showed the bootup, he wasn't cheating. Give me a break.

-James

VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,597

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by NightmareJames View Post
    RaGe, Han, please. You can tell by this gameplay it hasn't been hacked, or he used video editing to cheat. Any trained eye playing the game can see that, and we went over the Everdrive stuff in another thread, it's a done deal.

I see no reason to reject this even on a procedural reject. He showed the bootup, he wasn't cheating. Give me a break.

-James
    When did I say anything about the game play being hacked?

I was going to make a video showing the everdrive not carrying over codes when loading a new game to clarify/support his evidence package, but it looks like @YesAffinity already made a new submission. I know Chris is an expert at these games and more than capable of obtaining this score, he's already scored higher on actual arcade hardware.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    YouTube/GGA HAN
    Twitter/Pete_Hahn
    Twitch.TV/GGA_HAN
    Pete Hahn aka "GGA HAN"

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by YesAffinity View Post
    Please also consider that the general protocol for adjudicating is not to chase "what i**s" all day, but rather, "was this a legitimate performance?"
    Not sure why this got censored, but for clarification, that is supposed to be "what if ' s" (hopefully adding spaces prevents it from being censored here.

Thanks guys, appreciate the support. Will take the extra step of showing the cheat menu moving forward, now that I know how, just to add the extra level of comfort for adjudicators.

Likes HugDD liked this post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us