thread

Website top menu aesthetics

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,202
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    986
    Thanks (Received)
    510
    Likes (Received)
    1067
    Blog Entries
    211
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: spectredk
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    64 Thread(s)
    Follows
    43
    Following
    6

    Website top menu aesthetics

    I like the new update a lot but something that really sticks out for me is that the top menu is not lining up.

    Name:  menus.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  56.2 KB
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,889
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,308
    Thanks (Received)
    563
    Likes (Received)
    899
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    39
    Following
    1
    Yup first thing i noticed too... The new look is good though, very Facebook like.
  3. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 28,770
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5,408
    Thanks (Received)
    1595
    Likes (Received)
    2355
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)
    Follows
    50
    Following
    2
    Very smooth, but need shoutbox to stay current
    Likes stella_blue, HugDD liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Veteran Member Credibility: 35,000
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,885
    Thanks (Received)
    1984
    Likes (Received)
    2280
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: stella_blue
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    29
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by creech View Post
    Very smooth, but need shoutbox to stay current

    Agreed.

    The Shoutbox Archive is also unavailable (see below):

    Name:  Shoutbox Unavailable.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  23.7 KB

    Any estimate on when it will return?

    Will the missing "shouts" (especially any completed submissions) be restored?

    Is the duplication issue being addressed?

    Thanks HugDD, creech thanked this post
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  5. VERIFIED Veteran Member Credibility: 35,000
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,885
    Thanks (Received)
    1984
    Likes (Received)
    2280
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: stella_blue
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    29
    Following
    0

    A couple of other quick observations:

    (1) Thanks & Likes Summary

    At the top of each thread, a graphic displays the total number of Thanks and Likes received for all posts within that topic (see below):

    Name:  Thanks & Likes.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  9.6 KB

    For what purpose?

    Personally, I find it to be more of a distraction than anything else.

    (2) Top of Page Functionality

    In the "Quick Navigation" section at the bottom of each page, the "Top" button no longer seems to have any effect (see below):

    Name:  Quick Navigation - Top.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  11.5 KB

    Obviously, I can return to the top of the page by other means (manually scrolling up, pressing the [Ctrl] and [Home] keys, etc.), so it's a minor but unnecessary inconvenience.

    Likes HugDD liked this post
  6. VERIFIED Veteran Member Credibility: 35,000
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,885
    Thanks (Received)
    1984
    Likes (Received)
    2280
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: stella_blue
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    29
    Following
    0

    I just noticed another issue.

    When I attempt to access the TG scoreboard (for any track or variation), the blue menu bar at the top of the page prompts me to log in (see below):

    Name:  Login Not Recognized.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  8.6 KB

    The system does NOT seem to recognize that I'm already signed in.

    Likes HugDD liked this post
  7. VERIFIED TG Head Custodian Credibility: 1,000
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,195
    Thanks (Received)
    914
    Likes (Received)
    1533
    Blog Entries
    30
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    58 Thread(s)
    Follows
    33530
    Following
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre View Post
    I like the new update a lot but something that really sticks out for me is that the top menu is not lining up.

    Name:  menus.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  56.2 KB
    This is likely because you need to refresh your browser and clear your cache.

    If you are using Chrome, hold down the Shift-key and click the Reload icon.

    everything should be fine after that...
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian and Caretaker
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
  8. VERIFIED TG Head Custodian Credibility: 1,000
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,195
    Thanks (Received)
    914
    Likes (Received)
    1533
    Blog Entries
    30
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    58 Thread(s)
    Follows
    33530
    Following
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by stella_blue View Post

    I just noticed another issue.

    When I attempt to access the TG scoreboard (for any track or variation), the blue menu bar at the top of the page prompts me to log in (see below):

    Name:  Login Not Recognized.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  8.6 KB

    The system does NOT seem to recognize that I'm already signed in.

    Again, this means that you have the older TG js and css loaded -

    You may need to refresh your browser and clear your cache.

    If you are using Chrome, hold down the Shift-key and click the Reload icon.

    everything should be fine after that...
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian and Caretaker
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
  9. VERIFIED TG Head Custodian Credibility: 1,000
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,195
    Thanks (Received)
    914
    Likes (Received)
    1533
    Blog Entries
    30
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    58 Thread(s)
    Follows
    33530
    Following
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by stella_blue View Post

    A couple of other quick observations:

    (1) Thanks & Likes Summary

    At the top of each thread, a graphic displays the total number of Thanks and Likes received for all posts within that topic (see below):

    Name:  Thanks & Likes.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  9.6 KB

    For what purpose?

    Personally, I find it to be more of a distraction than anything else.

    (2) Top of Page Functionality

    In the "Quick Navigation" section at the bottom of each page, the "Top" button no longer seems to have any effect (see below):

    Name:  Quick Navigation - Top.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  11.5 KB

    Obviously, I can return to the top of the page by other means (manually scrolling up, pressing the [Ctrl] and [Home] keys, etc.), so it's a minor but unnecessary inconvenience.

    Yes we will fix these issues.
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian and Caretaker
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
  10. VERIFIED TG Head Custodian Credibility: 1,000
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,195
    Thanks (Received)
    914
    Likes (Received)
    1533
    Blog Entries
    30
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    58 Thread(s)
    Follows
    33530
    Following
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by stella_blue View Post

    Agreed.

    The Shoutbox Archive is also unavailable (see below):

    Name:  Shoutbox Unavailable.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  23.7 KB

    Any estimate on when it will return?

    Will the missing "shouts" (especially any completed submissions) be restored?

    Is the duplication issue being addressed?

    As indicated in the announcement post, Shoutbox is gone, as it is duplicative of the new notification system which can inform people of the status of all their specific adjudication activity.
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian and Caretaker
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us