thread

Website top menu aesthetics

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. 01-19-2017, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall View Post
    As indicated in the announcement post, Shoutbox is gone, as it is duplicative of the new notification system which can inform people of the status of all their specific adjudication activity.
    Jace. I know my own activities on the site. The shout box was a good tool for alerting me to OTHERS activities.

In other words, I don't want to have to subscribe to EVERYTHING so as to know what's going on. Removing the shout box is a big step backwards!

john

Thanks stella_blue, HugDD thanked this post
    Likes stella_blue, HugDD liked this post
  2. 01-19-2017, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stella_blue View Post

I just noticed another issue.

When I attempt to access the TG scoreboard (for any track or variation), the blue menu bar at the top of the page prompts me to log in (see below):

Attachment 22794

The system does NOT seem to recognize that I'm already signed in.

Again, this means that you have the older TG js and css loaded -

You may need to refresh your browser and clear your cache.

If you are using Chrome, hold down the Shift-key and click the Reload icon.

everything should be fine after that...

Hey Jace,

Thank you for the quick response.

Unfortunately, the recommended actions have not remedied the problem.

3. 01-19-2017, 01:50 PM
    This is likely because you need to refresh your browser and clear your cache.

If you are using Chrome, hold down the Shift-key and click the Reload icon.

everything should be fine after that...
    Fixed,awesome!
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
  4. 01-19-2017, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    Jace. I know my own activities on the site. The shout box was a good tool for alerting me to OTHERS activities.

In other words, I don't want to have to subscribe to EVERYTHING so as to know what's going on. Removing the shout box is a big step backwards!

john

The best way to follow others activities is to FOLLOW those others that you would like to keep up with.
    Jace Hall
    Chairman of the Board
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
  5. 01-19-2017, 05:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stella_blue View Post

Hey Jace,

Thank you for the quick response.

Unfortunately, the recommended actions have not remedied the problem.

Sometimes I have found that I need to refresh the browser and clear the cache numerous multiple times for the js and css stuff to clear out. I have one specific case where I had to do it nearly 10 times for it to take effect.

The best way to test this is to use a completely different browser (preferably one that has never been to TG before) and see if you still have the problem.
    Jace Hall
    Chairman of the Board
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
  6. 01-19-2017, 11:51 PM
    The best way to follow others activities is to FOLLOW those others that you would like to keep up with.
    Jace. As I said, I want to keep up with EVERYONE. Do I need to click on a thousand + members to become a "follower" ?

It's a bit like the stock market here, I don't want to buy a share in every stock listed. I want to know what's "trending" now, not wade through a whole heap of "stock" that I don't have an interest in.

I might have misunderstood you, do I need to click a "follow button" for every member here so as to know what's trending?

In other words, with the shout box, I had the opportunity to "filter" without clicking any buttons!! ?

john

7. 01-20-2017, 12:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    Jace. As I said, I want to keep up with EVERYONE. Do I need to click on a thousand + members to become a "follower" ?

It's a bit like the stock market here, I don't want to buy a share in every stock listed. I want to know what's "trending" now, not wade through a whole heap of "stock" that I don't have an interest in.

I might have misunderstood you, do I need to click a "follow button" for every member here so as to know what's trending?

In other words, with the shout box, I had the opportunity to "filter" without clicking any buttons!! ?

john

Yes I understand. You want a global view instead of just person to person. We are considering re-enabling the ShoutBox.
    Jace Hall
    Chairman of the Board
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
    Thanks stella_blue, lexmark, HugDD, creech thanked this post
    Likes stella_blue, lexmark, HugDD, creech liked this post
  8. 01-20-2017, 12:30 AM
    I noticed that today I did not receive any notifications on a thread that I started yesterday that several had posted comments on. I'm not sure if this was a one off or a glitch.
  9. 01-20-2017, 01:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I noticed that today I did not receive any notifications on a thread that I started yesterday that several had posted comments on. I'm not sure if this was a one off or a glitch.
    Yes we are working on this issue as we speak. It should be fixed within the next 12 hours or so.

However you should have gotten a notification by this message, since I quoted you!
    Jace Hall
    Chairman of the Board
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
  10. 01-20-2017, 04:33 PM
    Great changes! Thanks!

Well, I'd prefer read my nickname as TRB_MetroidTeam instead of trb_metroidteam in the top/right menu. I think it was ok in the previous version.
    TRB_MetroidTeam
    Metroid Team, from Brazil
    Likes HugDD liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Join us