thread

Film inside one, multiple submissions from different players.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,029
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: mrbumpnjump
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Nails View Post
    Biggest question for me is can I as the event director and venue owner, submit the video on behalf of everyone who has completed a game over the weekend or does each entrant need to splice the necessary videos and submit on their own?
    Not sure if this falls into the same category with different players, but currently players are able to record a video once, and then link to it to submit different records.

E.g. A player can submit a score for Donkey Kong and by using the same video also submit that video as evidence for the Donkey Kong highest score on Level 1-1.

I would imagine, but it's not been tested, that we should be able to use the same video for multiple people. PM me on AA or Facebook when you are ready and we'll do a test run, post the video and see how the community reacts, that is the only way we'll know because it seems from this thread that the majority of the community either doesn't read these threads, or doesn't want to give feedback.

So in my mind, what would need to happen is this:

1. We get one big 8-12 hr recording together.
    2. The first player uploads the video to submit their score.
    3. Each subsequent player then links to this video and says at what time their game starts.

Bit confusing maybe, but we'll work it out one way or another. Probably need to get a dry run up sooner rather than later as we are only about 7 weeks out from the event.
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,422
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: BarraNZ
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys

First of all, really looking forward to this event. Ill be there with bells on!

In terms of TG submissions, each user will have to create their own account and get it verified in order to submit.
    We can use the same video for each submission and just post a time-stamp along side the submission as to when they were playing. Linking the full video would be advantageous as then each submission will contain the necessary verification as well.

At this time TG doesn't require a direct upload to their site, so we can get away with just a link to a Youtube or Twitch video. However, in the future this may not be possible as TG may require users to upload directly at some point in time. Yet to be seen though.
    I'm sure we could get a workaround - upload it for the first submission and just link for each subsequent one

:)
    The "Easy Accept" muppet
    Likes Jimmy Nails, John73 liked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,029
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    View Channel: mrbumpnjump
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post
    Hey guys

First of all, really looking forward to this event. Ill be there with bells on!

In terms of TG submissions, each user will have to create their own account and get it verified in order to submit.
    We can use the same video for each submission and just post a time-stamp along side the submission as to when they were playing. Linking the full video would be advantageous as then each submission will contain the necessary verification as well.

At this time TG doesn't require a direct upload to their site, so we can get away with just a link to a Youtube or Twitch video. However, in the future this may not be possible as TG may require users to upload directly at some point in time. Yet to be seen though.
    I'm sure we could get a workaround - upload it for the first submission and just link for each subsequent one

:)
    Looking positive to do a test run this weekend and get the video up for a couple of different players on the one machine with only one filming or two possibly inside the machine. Be interesting to see how the community reacts.

Not sure about power cycling the machine between attempts - in the old days that would be an automatic DQ, but we know more about the games now and how they react to a power cycle. DK for example AFAIK has zero effect if you power cycle or not. Wonderboy as an example, does have an effect if you don't power cycle.

But then we also have new WR's on Mario Bros. where more than 1 credit was registered prior to game start - in the old days this was a complete "no-no" and would DQ the result. But I'm going off on a tangent here - I don't agree with some of the stuff getting let in, but if that is the case that this stuff is now acceptable, then I can't see what is being proposed will be DQ'ed for any good reason.

Again, going back to the old days and records where all you see in the TG records is "referee" for the adjudication - we have no idea whatsoever what happened on the machine, nor did we get video or pictures of the inside of the machine.

My thoughts - with the current slip in adjudication standards, it will easily pass. Not that the slip is a good thing, it just appears as though stuff that wouldn't pass it in the past is now accepted. Good/Bad - I don't know, it's just how TG is progressing with community adjudication.
    Thanks jjt_defender thanked for this post
    Likes jjt_defender liked this post
  4. VERIFIED VERIFIED Credibility: 8,206
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I'm down with what you are doing. Show the insides once and have 1 continuous video. For me it's more about the game play. If from the gameplay and other observations from the screen line up with what the settings are supposed to be I'm good with that. If a game has difficulty switches and you can tell from the gameplay that these match up then were all good. Another thing to do is show the screen and go into test mode or anything that might show what the settings are visually on the screen. Well hope the event goes well and looking forward to seeing what you guys produce.
    Thanks jjt_defender, Barra thanked for this post
    Likes jjt_defender liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3