Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb Suggestion: Merge Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Arcade

Given that the Xbox Live Arcade platform is really not fundamentally different from the Xbox 360 platform, I'd suggest that the former be merged into the latter. It started off as a really a branding thing for what was relatively new at the time - buying and downloading digital-only console games.

There's nothing functionally different now. "XBLA" games have been sold on disc, "retail" games can be purchased online, and they seem to have dropped the branding completely. They all play on the same console (Xbox 360), and I don't think separating them on here serves any real purpose.
    Likes spectre liked this post
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,202
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: spectredk
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    64 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe someone like @RTM can shed some light on why it was split up like this? I know he stopped as a ref in late 2006 but he's very knowledable.

But I totally agree. As it is now, there's duplicate tracks in the database. Robotron 2084 for example is present both as a XBLA game and as part of the Midway Arcade Origins release.

At the end of the day they're all Xbox 360 releases.
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
Join us