Tagged
    47 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

What just happened..lost cred points ?

I just voted NO on this submission....

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...0-Jared-Oswald

The NO vote was due to a typo.

5 seconds later I notice in the shout box that the submission was ACCEPTED ??

What's going on ?
    Thanks stella_blue, HugDD thanked this post
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 54,101
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    51 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    I just voted NO on this submission....

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...0-Jared-Oswald

The NO vote was due to a typo.

5 seconds later I notice in the shout box that the submission was ACCEPTED ??

What's going on ?

Hey John, Happy New Year, sucks to hear this happened to you! So what prolly happened was that you and our two other peers who commented in that thread and voted no, were already outnumbered by those who voted the contrary, and majority of those who originally voted had done so last year. Last minute data is useful, but is sometimes too little, too late, as was the case in this submission early last year that led me to switch to a no vote and take a hit as you had in the one above: http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/151910

My guess is, since none of us never fully knows what it takes to carry a submission through, that it's majority rules. So those who voted
    yes, there most likely were enough to get this one verified, or close enough, and then a few others voted it up, and it went through. I don't how much credibility plays into any of this, but I'm thinking it's minimal.

-Duc
    My best streamed game of Centipede: https://secure.twitch.tv/gallopinggh...ade/v/51955812 (786k, clean, no cussing for those who may be concerned)

Nothing should be enough for people to vote world records or other records. Completely insane practise. -Janutzska

I guess it's about trying to live a life where I'm not contributing to the cruelty in the world... While I am on this planet, I want everyone I meet to know that I am grateful they are here. - Jessica Chastain
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 23,017
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    47 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HugDD View Post
    Hey John, Happy New Year, sucks to hear this happened to you! So what prolly happened was that you and our two other peers who commented in that thread and voted no, were already outnumbered by those who voted the contrary, and majority of those who originally voted had done so last year. Last minute data is useful, but is sometimes too little, too late, as was the case in this submission early last year that led me to switch to a no vote and take a hit as you had in the one above: http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/151910

My guess is, since none of us never fully knows what it takes to carry a submission through, that it's majority rules. So those who voted
    yes, there most likely were enough to get this one verified, or close enough, and then a few others voted it up, and it went through. I don't how much credibility plays into any of this, but I'm thinking it's minimal.

-Duc
    Hi Duc, thanks for the reply.

Something isn't adding up here, now I might be wrong, but, because it got accepted right after I pressed reject, that implies to me that the system is basing "end of adjudication" = number of votes. I'm sure it doesn't work that way ?

In other words.....that would mean that 5 peeps with 100K cred power between them can be outnumbered by 6 peeps with 6K creds between them?

In other words, again, it looks like cred power means nothing? the system ISN'T weighing the votes correctly?

This episode seriously erodes my enthusiasm for adjudicating, given I have to make a real effort at the moment because of time constraints!

john

Thanks HugDD thanked this post
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 23,017
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    47 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    To be clear, I don't mind losing cred points, for now. This is an OBVIOUS adjudication cluster f*ck.

I'm happy if when the challenge system comes in, and I win, that I get my cred points back ...+ INTEREST!

Once again @Jace Hall , I'm losing "vote" power from right now due to a loss of cred that shouldn't have happened.

But, as I mentioned before, cred POWER doesn't look like it exist?

john

Likes HugDD liked this post
  5. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 28,770
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Looks to me like it was never cancelled by trivia, and people just clicked yes. For the record I didn't vote, and Stella can check this. @stella_blue

Last edited by creech; 01-26-2017 at 01:49 AM.
  6. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 28,770
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post

But, as I mentioned before, cred POWER doesn't look like it exist?

john

It doesn't. It's a problem. Theres 10 people watching videos. Maybe less now that Barthax and KombatKing aren't active. And guaranteed me, because I;m not going to keep listening to troll stuff.

Edit to add: For 3 months I adjudicated without notifications because i couldn't reply in threads. I only lost votes from others mess ups(clean version) and for 1 week I didn't log in and submitted wrong settings for Mario Bros.

Make note of it John and challenge it.
    Last edited by creech; 01-26-2017 at 02:01 AM.
  7. VERIFIED Veteran Member Credibility: 35,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: stella_blue
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by creech View Post
    Looks to me like it was never cancelled by trivia, and people just clicked yes. For the record I didn't vote, and Stella can check this.

I conducted a data sweep 18 minutes ago, at 5:00 AM (EST).

I will need some time to process and interpret the results.

Thanks creech, bensweeneyonbass, HugDD thanked this post
    Likes creech, bensweeneyonbass, HugDD liked this post
  8. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 28,770
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by stella_blue View Post

I conducted a data sweep 18 minutes ago, at 5:00 AM (EST).

I will need some time to process and interpret the results.

Your the man! What you do here is incredible simply put.
    Thanks stella_blue thanked this post
    Likes stella_blue, HugDD liked this post
  9. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 28,770
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I want the big shot big mouths to speak here to when they are shot down. The people that act like they are adjudicating, and then these people pound their chest and act like their entitled?
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,842
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: bensweeneyonbass
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    106 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Scott thanks again your efforts on resolving the data are very much appreciated.

Yup yesterday I was adjudicating some stuff at the bottom of the barrel. I pointed out the typo and voted NO on that Jared Oswald sonic run.

I don't care about cred. I care that a bunk score got into the database. Take away all the metrics and I'm still frustrated that this score made it in. The only thing the cred rating serves to me anymore is notification that something went awry if it drops.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us