thread

Atari Lynx - Todd's Adventure in Slime World - Factory Settings - 20,063,100 - Charles Adams

User Tag List

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,691
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Atari Lynx - Todd's Adventure in Slime World - Factory Settings - 20,063,100 - Charles Adams

Factory Settings
    Score Trackhttp://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=355
    RulesMode : Level Play
    Submission MessageCart and System shown at start and also at the end. This is one long play of mission 1. I try to talk and stay entertaining throughout the video. Thanks for watching and voting.
    Thanks PreEmptive thanked for this post
    Likes RaGe, HugDD, PreEmptive liked this post
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,332
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: rogerpoco48
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    47 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    The Lynx? Really?
    I picked up a Vectrex recently, for a steal.
    But...I am SOO jealous of you! I want a lynx so bad!
    Awesome Play, Man
    (No, I don't want to trade, lol! But I do want a Lynx terribly!)
    Accepted, you have certainly explored this game, is a great score!
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,691
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    The Lynx? Really?
    I picked up a Vectrex recently, for a steal.
    But...I am SOO jealous of you! I want a lynx so bad!
    Awesome Play, Man
    (No, I don't want to trade, lol! But I do want a Lynx terribly!)
    Accepted, you have certainly explored this game, is a great score!
    That's funny because I had never heard of a Vectrex before checking out the list of systems here at Twin Galaxies and was leaning towards getting one. But a little pricey for me right now. Decided I want to focus on getting a complete Lynx collection of Atari released games and then move on from there.
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,691
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    A bump for the only active Atari Lynx submission.
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,691
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Bumping as I don't see this appearing on the list anymore for some reason. Would love to talk to people about why they are not adjucating as I would like to see these 2 Lynx records added.
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 40,810

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    26 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    It probably just got lost in the shuffle. I voted it up a while ago. Great job and a perfect submission package, showing everything that needs to be seen clearly.
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,691
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    It probably just got lost in the shuffle. I voted it up a while ago. Great job and a perfect submission package, showing everything that needs to be seen clearly.
    Thanks man. ElectroCop got accepted so hopefully soon.
    Likes RaGe liked this post
  8. BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 26,728
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Accepted A Destroyed the Previsious World Record Congratulations Charles & Welcome to Twin Galaxy Great Play & Naration of the Game Tactics,Secret rooms, How to Play, Enemies, Explaining in Detail abot each Item Picked, Shield, Slime & cleaning Rooms Out, Using Water clean Off Slime enjoyed watching

Todd's Adventure in Slime World Run Starts at 1:01 of the video

Todd's Adventure in Slime World Game Settings Begin at :45 to 1:06 of the video

Atari Lynx - Todd's Adventure in Slime World - Factory Settings - 20,063,100 Final Score is at 49:45 to 50:10 of the video

9. BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 26,728
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Todd's Adventures in Slime World
    Atari Lynx cover art
    Developer(s)Epyx
    Publisher(s)Atari
    Platform(s)Atari Lynx, Sega Mega Drive, and PC Engine CD
    Release date(s)

Genre(s)Action, Metroidvania[1]
    Mode(s)1-8 players

Todd's Adventures in Slime World
    is a side-scrolling platform game first released for the Atari Lynx in 1990, with Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, and PC Engine CD versions following in 1992.
    Designed by Peter Engelbrite,[2] who also wrote Gates of Zendocon for the Lynx,[2] it is notable for containing an early example of a large-scale multiplayer combat game (the Lynx version allows up to eight people to play against each other), for having extremely varied gameplay, for being a side-scroller with a useful automap system before Super Metroid, and for teasing players with its vast number of secret areas.Players in Slime World are armed with a water cannon that can be fired at many angles and can kill most enemies in one hit, and they can also cling to and climb most walls, as well as perform high and long jumps. Although nominally an action game, many rooms require excellent knowledge of the player's abilities and can only be navigated in certain ways, frequently giving it an air of a puzzle game.
    The design of Slime World is especially unique for its use of carefully moderated levels of danger. A player can sustain ordinary damage from many sources, and it adds up quickly, but there are also common invulnerability shields and pools of water that remove all damage taken when used. But there are also red enemies that, when shot, result in a spray of red slime that can instantly kill even a shielded player, creating circumstances when it is best not to shoot foes.
    There is also a type of enemy called a Hidden Snapper, that instantly kills players that step over it. Snappers are often undetectable until triggered, and instantly fatal if set off. Canny players, however, may often detect subtle design cues left in the world by the designer, and safely jump over the lethal spots of ground. Players (usually) have infinite lives to explore the world, but lose all their inventory items and are also sent back to the last checkpoint arrow passed.

Variations[edit]

The game contains seven "levels" that are more akin to game variations, each possessing not just its own map but its own variation on the basic rules. The variations are:

• Easy: A relatively simple mode with little red slime or snapjaws, good for learning the game.
    • Exploration: Players are given a huge map with a great number of secret passages, and many enemies.
    • Action: The hardest level in terms of enemy opposition.
    • Logic: A slower-paced, solo-only mode in which the water gun doesn't work. Players must instead avoid, dodge or outrun foes, or find other ways of defeating them like mega bombs. While checkpoint arrows work, everything else in the world is reset when you die.
    • Suspense: The player is given a severe time limit within which to escape Slime World. It starts at 3 minutes, but it can be extended by one minute for each mushroom collected. While the route to the exit is mostly linear, there are a number of false routes to confound players.
    • Combat: Most of the modes can be played cooperatively, but this one is competitive. Everyone gets five lives, and the last player in the game wins. Players may find slime guns to replace their water guns, that are capable of directly harming the other players. There are also other weapons to use, with room-destroying mega bombs at the top of the list. The Combat map is also just as packed with environmental dangers as the other modes.
    • Arcade: The greatest challenge of Slime World, in this mode the map is almost as dangerous as Action, but the checkpoint arrows don't work. While the map is shorter than some of the other modes, it's still fairly substantial, and the player must start over from the beginning every time a life is lost. In the Lynx version of the game, there are multiple exits from the map. Continuing past the first few exits, the automap will show that the floor layout spells "GREEN TODD: OPT 1". This is an hint for an easter egg in the game: the "Zit popping game". In the easter egg game you need to repeatedly press the A button to make a slime bubble grow. If you are fast enough the slime bubble will explode in hundreds of slime drops.

Items[edit]

The items in the game are:

• Slime Gem: Very common items that award a large score bonus and also heal the player a bit.
    • Red Slime Gem: Rarer bonus item that awards a tremendous number of points, completely heals the player and gives him an invincibility shield for a while, but if accidentally shot, pops in a spray of deadly red slime.
    • Triple Shot: Upgrades the water gun to fire three streams of water, useful for tough foes and crowded rooms.
    • Slime Gun: Changes the player's ammo to slime, capable of harming the other players instead of cleaning them off. Strangely, the many slime monsters of the game are still killed by it.
    • Shield: Makes the player invulnerable to slime for a limited period and completely heals all damage, but provides no protection against red slime or Snappers. (It does protect against red monsters, though.)
    • Cleanser: Permanently turns a pool of normal, damaging slime into pure water, capable of healing the player.
    • Enemy Bait: Draws enemies in the room to its location, where they are killed automatically. Doesn't work on some monsters, and red monsters still burst in a spray of red slime when killed in this way.
    • Mega Bomb: When used, is thrown onto the ground a short distance in front of the player, waits a few seconds, then destroys everything in its room in a gigantic explosion. While the explosion doesn't work on Hidden Snappers (since they lurk in the ground, not in the room), everything else in the game can be destroyed by bombs: monsters, players, items, pools of slime and water, and even checkpoint arrows.
    • Jet Pack: Gives the player the ability to fly for a limited time. Players cannot fire while flying, and pools are incredibly dangerous while using a Jet Pack, causing an explosion like a Mega Bomb if one is flown into liquid.