Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

New Track

After finding out that my record attempt (rampage world tour arcade port) on ps3 doesn't have a track, could someone walk me through making a track or help me get a new track, I'm new to twin galaxies and need help
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 28,917
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    basically want a PS3 PSN version of Rampage?

Look up the arcade rules and then compare them to the settings for the version you played. Make a ruleset and post it here I'll make the track for you
    Thanks SincerelyFranny, Joey Simon thanked for this post
  • VERIFIED Junior Member Credibility: 1,012
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    These are the arcade rules (which for the record, these types of settings cannot be edited/altered in this port)

Dip Switch Bank #1:1 = ON
    2-6 = OFF
    7 = ON/OFF [1/2 Coin Counters]
    8 = OFF/UNUSEDDip Switch Bank #2:1 = OFF/ON [No Bill Validator/Bill Validator]
    2 = OFF/UNUSED
    3 = ON
    4-7 = OFF/UNUSED
    8 = OFFNote: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this titleSpecial Rules: This is a 1 Player ONLY Variation! Continues are NOT allowed!

Here are my rules for the track

Rampage World Tour (PS3/PSN)

1-Player Only
    Any Character can be used
    No continues are allowed
    No extra lives are to be added unless awarded via a bonus (500,000 or 1 million points) as this port allows to add extra lives just by pushing start
    Upon returning to human form (when health reaches zero, you can turn back to your monster form to record your score (after game over, your score is usually covered by a "Continue?" notice and cannot be seen, you can check your points this way, HOWEVER, after a score check, you need to exit the game via the port menu, (which is accessed by pressing select) if you score any additional points after rewspawning, the score/run will be invalid

Your game is over when your monster respawns and does the "ah ha!" quote/animation after your get the continue notice. At that point, you pause the game and zoom in on your score then exit via the port menu
    Last edited by Joey Simon; 03-18-2017 at 05:27 PM.
    Likes Barthax liked this post
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Btw appreciate the help ssdninja
  • VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 28,917
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Does this port have the "pity" continue? I think for other versions of world tour if you die under 30k you come back to full life and it doesn't count as a continue. If that's the case your current wording would make that a grey area. Might be safer to edit it so that it just mentions game over is counted when the continue screen pops up. If this doesn't have that feature then it's a moot point though
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    When you die, you die, regardless of your points, quote on quote "continuing" after loosing a life is purely to record your score at the end before exiting the game via a menu, btw this "continue" method is to make it less tedious/time consuming to record a score

It should be noted that with this particular port, if you choose to keep playing the game after the "continue?" message comes up, you get full health and 1 extra life regardless of the points you had, therefore, if you choose not to continue and have for example, 2000 points, the game will not let you continue (to start/add credits is the start button and the port menu is the select button
    Last edited by Joey Simon; 03-18-2017 at 05:12 PM.
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    So here's my suggestion:

1-Player Only
    Any Character can be used
    No continues are allowed
    No extra lives are to be added unless awarded via a bonus (500,000 or 1 million points) as this port allows to add extra lives just by pushing start
    Your game is over when your monster's health turns to zero and you become human. Score can be noted from the point of transformation or after a continue to allow for a longer view of the score. Any points gained after the continue will invalidate the attempt.

----
    Sound good? This way it is clear that the game is over when you become human. If the pity continue is present the run will still end because that does not present with a continue.

Just to be clear about what I'm talking about check post #21 on this link -
    http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/148381
    It caused some confusion until Don figured out what was happening. This score was allowed, by the way. Not saying your track has to allow for it, but simply that the wording on that track allowed for it.
    Likes Barthax, Joey Simon liked this post
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Actually on reflection watching the video that still wouldn't cover it. Your life simply refills instantly and there's no transformation to human.

So I think that wording is fine and if there's a "pity life" you'll just have to accept that as a strategy. The ability to activate cuts off at around 30k anyway so it's an early game strategy
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Appreciate cheking into things and sorry if my weird wording confused you, to be fair I tried that "pity life" strategy and this port doesn't offer that, but either way, the way you worded seems fine and the track seems great, the only thing I ask is there any way for me to post a screenshot/video in these comments?
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...ld-Tour-Points

There's the track.

I'm sure there is a way to attach images here, dunno how though.
  • Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast