SXSW Gaming 2017 Rocket League 2v2
ABOUT THIS TOURNAMENTFuel up and start your engines, Rocket League is coming to the PC Arena at the SXSW Gaming Expo for a $5,000 open registration tournament available to only three-day Gaming wristbands, as well as SXSW badges.
Team size: 2v2
Bracket Type: Double Elimination
Best of 3 bracket (Best of 5 Semi Finals and Grand Finals)
- 2 players per team, NO SUBSTITUTES
- Team Registration is allowed.
- If you register as a single player, the tournament admins will pair you with another single player, if there is one available. There are no guarantees of the relative skill level when pairing single players.
- You must play with the same partner for the entire tournament. If one player does not show up, the team that can not field a full roster must forfeit.
- 2 Brackets: Upper and Lower bracket
- Every team will start in the Upper Bracket. If a team loses a match in upper bracket, they will fall into the lower bracket. If a team loses in lower bracket, they are eliminated from the tournament.
- The winner of the lower bracket will play the winner of the upper bracket in grand finals. The lower bracket team must win two Best of 5 series, aka bracket reset, to win the tournament.
- Matches will be a best of 3 series, first team to win 2 games will advance. Semi-Finals and Grand Finals will be a best of 5 series.
- The team on the upper position will be the host of the game, and decide the lobby information. The host will be responsible for creating the lobby name and password, as well as distributing the information to their opponents. The Host must create the match using the settings described below.
- Team Size: 2v2
- Bot Difficulty: No Bots
- Mutators: None
- Match Time: 5 minutes
- Joinable by: Name/Password
- Platform: Steam
- Default Arena: DFH Stadium
- Teams may also play on any of the following areas: DFH Stadium (Stormy) Mannfield, Mannfield (Stormy), Urban Central, Urban Central (Dawn), Urban Central (Night), Utopia Coliseum, Utopia Coliseum (Dusk), Utopia Coliseum (Snowy).
- Colors - Teams will always use default colors (Blue and Orange)
- Team Names: Default or team names from battlefy.
- Once a team has completed their series, each team will send a representative to report scores to the tournament admins.
- Taking a screenshot (F12) of the results screen or replay of the Match is strongly recommended in case of disputed results. If a Team disputes a Match claiming a win and submits proof of their claim, the other Team must submit proof of their claim to avoid an automatic forfeit of the Match.
Disconnects and Technical Difficulties
- Stoppage of Play: Tournament Organizers may halt a Game or Match at any time and for any reason. In the event of a stoppage of play, Players must remain at their devices and may not communicate with other Players until the Game or Match is resumed.
- Player Disconnects: If a player disconnects from the match in the first minute of the game, the match will be restarted regardless of score.
- The tournament admins reserve the right to restart any match due to exceptional circumstances, such as computer malfunction, significant glitches that affects a player’s ability to play, or the match was disrupted by unforeseen circumstances.
- In the event that a player disconnects after the 1st minute of gameplay, teams will continue play, unless told other wise by tournament admins. The disconnected player may rejoin the game that the disconnect occurred.
- If a disconnect occurs, and both teams agree to restart the match, the game may be restarted without consent from tournament admins.
- All other cases of disconnects and disputes will be handled by the tournament admins.
Cheating and Unsportsmanlike Conduct:
- Any cheating, as determined by the Tournament admins in their sole discretion, will result in an immediate forfeiture and additional penalties depending on the severity of the infraction.
- Teams and players that violate any of the code of conduct rules set by the tournament organizer are subject to the penalties decided by the tournament admins.
- All standard controllers, including mouse and keyboard, are legal. Macro functions (e.g. turbo buttons) are not permitted. Wireless controllers are not permitted.
Captains can report their team's score.