thread

Errors when Using the Preview Function

User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. VERIFIED Veteran Member Credibility: 35,000
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,885
    Thanks (Received)
    1985
    Likes (Received)
    2281
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: stella_blue
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    29
    Following
    0

    Errors when Using the Preview Function


    I first noticed a consistent error with the preview function 3-4 days ago.

    I typically preview all forum posts and private messages before I submit them.

    If my post or PM contains a link, clicking the [ Preview ] button generates the following error:

    Name:  Preview Error.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  25.2 KB


    Any link triggers the error, whether it leads to another TG page or an external site.

    If the underlying code has recently been modified, Chrome apparently doesn't like it.

  2. VERIFIED TG STAFF Credibility: 1,000
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    233
    Thanks (Received)
    96
    Likes (Received)
    118
    Blog Entries
    5
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: Mittennkitten
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    83 Thread(s)
    Follows
    49
    Following
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by stella_blue View Post

    I first noticed a consistent error with the preview function 3-4 days ago.

    I typically preview all forum posts and private messages before I submit them.

    If my post or PM contains a link, clicking the [ Preview ] button generates the following error:

    Name:  Preview Error.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  25.2 KB


    Any link triggers the error, whether it leads to another TG page or an external site.

    If the underlying code has recently been modified, Chrome apparently doesn't like it.


    Hi Stella,

    I've been testing this out for myself on Chrome and have not run into any errors while replying, posting, or sending PMs.

    I will continue to look into it.


    -----------

    Is anyone else having this problem?
    Thanks stella_blue thanked this post
  3. VERIFIED Veteran Member Credibility: 35,000
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,885
    Thanks (Received)
    1985
    Likes (Received)
    2281
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: stella_blue
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    29
    Following
    0

    Hey Franny,

    Thank you for the assistance.

    Unfortunately, my difficulties have become worse.

    Since last night, I have been trying to post a new thread in the General Discussion forum.

    Every attempt (at least 15-20) has produced the following error:

    Name:  Posting Error 2017-04-04.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  48.0 KB

    The error message is misleading, as the length of my post exceeds 1,000 characters.

    Although incomplete, perhaps the PHP Warning message (above) provides some useful information.

    There are no links in my post, but I do include a number of basic formatting tags.

    At this point, I have wasted 3-4 hours on the unsuccessful creation of a single topic.

  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,357
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    914
    Thanks (Received)
    1026
    Likes (Received)
    765
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Follows
    10
    Following
    7
    I have encountered the exact problem Stella described in his first post. It happened to me today when attempting to preview a MAME analysis before posting it. I had to remove the link formatting to avoid the problem.

    Jamey Pittman
    Perfect Pac-Man - 3,333,360 (Twin Galaxies, MARP)
    The Pac-Man Dossier
    Thanks stella_blue thanked this post
  5. VERIFIED Veteran Member Credibility: 35,000
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,885
    Thanks (Received)
    1985
    Likes (Received)
    2281
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: stella_blue
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    29
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by stella_blue View Post

    Hey Franny,

    Thank you for the assistance.

    Unfortunately, my difficulties have become worse.

    Since last night, I have been trying to post a new thread in the General Discussion forum.

    Every attempt (at least 15-20) has produced the following error:

    Name:  Posting Error 2017-04-04.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  48.0 KB

    The error message is misleading, as the length of my post exceeds 1,000 characters.

    Although incomplete, perhaps the PHP Warning message (above) provides some useful information.

    There are no links in my post, but I do include a number of basic formatting tags.

    At this point, I have wasted 3-4 hours on the unsuccessful creation of a single topic.


    I was finally able to post the new topic earlier this evening:

    http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...rofile-Changes

    I suspected that one or more formatting tags was responsible for the error, so I applied them individually in order to isolate the problem.

    I have a couple of observations:

    • The underlying code doesn't seem to like formatting tags that change the color of the text
    • The problem only applies to the original post under a new topic; subsequent replies are not affected

    And one question:

    Is this a bug, or an intentional formatting restriction?

    Last edited by stella_blue; 04-06-2017 at 07:54 PM.
  6. VERIFIED TG STAFF Credibility: 1,000
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    233
    Thanks (Received)
    96
    Likes (Received)
    118
    Blog Entries
    5
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: Mittennkitten
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    83 Thread(s)
    Follows
    49
    Following
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by stella_blue View Post

    I was finally able to post the new topic earlier this evening:

    http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...rofile-Changes

    I suspected that one or more formatting tags was responsible for the error, so I applied them individually in order to isolate the problem.

    I have a couple of observations:

    • The underlying code doesn't seem to like formatting tags that change the color of the text
    • The problem only applies to the original post under a new topic; subsequent replies are not affected

    And one question:

    Is this a bug, or an intentional formatting restriction?

    Thank you Stella!

    I will pass along your findings :D
    Thanks stella_blue thanked this post
Join us