thread

The Official Twin Galaxies Score Database is now missing games?

User Tag List

1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,997
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: spectredk
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    64 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

The Official Twin Galaxies Score Database is now missing games?

First of all I would like to say that I like the new look of the scoreboard. But there's problems with it that I will list below:

1. icons are not working for Nintendo 3DS 3D Classics and Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console platforms
    2. It seems like the search function AND game list for platforms are broken.

I wanted to see the scoreboard for Forza Horizon on the Xbox 360 platform, on which I had a submission accepted recently. Press the Xbox 360 icon and type Forza in the game search field. It finds only Forza Motorsport 4? Ok, I then back out and press the Xbox 360 icon again and go to page 2 where games that start with letter F is. No Forza Horizon?
    Name:  scoreboard1.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  41.9 KB

I then go to my profile and the to my Rankings and on this page my score for Forza Horizon is displayed and when I click the View Leader Board button it takes me to the Forza Horizon leaderboard.

Name:  scoreboard2.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  26.2 KB

Yes! I did clear my cache and all that jazz
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
    Thanks TWIN GALAXIES thanked this post
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 13,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    88 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    It might be because of the premium leader board classification. Un-check that box.

Name:  2017_04_12_19_43_531.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  47.8 KB
    john m brissie
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,997
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: spectredk
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    64 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, when I actually find the game I can do that.

When you press Xbox 360 on the platform page and then uses the search box the game doesn't show up and the premium track checkbox is ONLY for the tracks under a specific game.
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 13,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    88 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Going a different route I can find it: click your avatar, your world records link then view the leader board for forza. It tends to not display anything the first time so click the title again and it should show.
    john m brissie
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 13,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    88 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I see what you mean though, when using the main database page it looks like the whole game is missing because every track was member founded. That's a big hole that needs to be corrected.
    Last edited by jmb; 04-12-2017 at 11:39 PM.
    john m brissie
    Likes spectre liked this post
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,357
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    There's definitely a lot of broken tracks now, in terms of visibility at least.

Even using a direct link to a user-founded track from the rankings on my profile page ("Pac-Man High Score Challenge!") leads to nothing: http://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=197901

See the attached pic. The track is invisible, and the "Only Show Premium Leaderboards" checkbox is empty. Clicking the checkbox does nothing. Reloading the page does nothing. It's as if the track is gone for all intents and purposes (yes, I realize the data is still there). Some bugs here and there from a site update is to be expected, but this looks really, really bad. And they have an upcoming televised event that I presume will afford TG some fairly wide exposure. As such, I'm more than a little surprised that they'd risk implementing such a buggy site upgrade this close to that event.

Bottom line: I get that TG is attempting to differentiate between tracks (i.e., premium vs. non-premium), but making it so that a direct link to any track results in still being unable to view the track?! No bueno. If there's a way to view my score on the Pac-Man High Score Challenge, I'll be damned if I can figure out how to do it. And from a website usability standpoint, that's just patently absurd.

Name:  no results.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  21.0 KB

Jamey Pittman
    Perfect Pac-Man - 3,333,360 (Twin Galaxies, MARP)
    The Pac-Man Dossier
    Likes spectre liked this post
Join us