thread

Corruption and Collusion: Who is Ryan Bland?

User Tag List

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
  1. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 2,589
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    45 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    When you search medical records you throw in dental funny thought though!!!!!!!!
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 23,017
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    47 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy J. Ferretti View Post
    When you search medical records you throw in dental
    OK....what medical condition did he have. Apart from being a champion Nightmare on Elm Street player?

john

3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,875
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    damn, rudy named names.

I like the part about releasing the archives. Might I add, Jace if you're reading this, you could make it look like an accident. noone would blame you. Heck with all the bugs released in each new update just blame it on that next time around
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
  4. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 2,589
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    45 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry Lexmark you are now on Ignore take care
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 23,017
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    47 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry Lexmark you are now on Ignore take care
    That's OK Rudy. I'm used to it. No one ever wants to answer any of my questions. Been like that for years.

john

6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,325
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Nobody finds old stuff for nothing in 2017 at any thrift or garage sale EVER!!!!!!!!!!
    I know because in the 90s I was a dumpster diver
    One man's junk is another man's treasure.

Name:  DumpsterDiverCartoon.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  136.2 KB
    "May the Heavy Hand spare you" -- Datagod 1:19
    ~~ Strongest Punch on Twin Galaxies ~~

7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,690
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting thread to say the least. I don't doubt that there are examples of monkey business in the database -- again, others have far more knowledge than me as I'm a relative noob, but I gather that referees were fired for entering false data, either as a grudge or to give a friend (themselves?) some limelight.

There are certainly a range of problems. As Snowflake pointed out on his blog, there have been recorded scores that ignored stated rules and said rules were not subsequently updated for others to know about. Given how massive the database is, and the number of games, let alone tracks, entered for each platform, I don't doubt that there are many other examples. I think Jace alluded to this when he explained why he wasn't going to open the old TG (ref?) archives, although maybe he was talking about personalities rather than documented evidence of fudged scores. Also, we can't ignore the fact that scores were entered in error - there's the example of the Spin Out! score, where I think Terrance pointed out that it was entered by Walter Day decades later when he came across some old notes, but the score entered is simply impossible to achieve for a three lap race.

I suspect the Challenge function will be designed to address all scenarios, but it will naturally be on a case by case basis - a systematic review of the database seems beyond reach.

That said, the history of TG is a pretty amazing undertaking - and I'm glad that I can participate in the new era of TG.

Back to the specific example at hand -- this was my first exposure to Ryan Bland, so I did some Google searching and came across a 2014 response from PSP. I suspect many have read it already, but I include it here for discussion:

https://www.facebook.com/OriginalPSP...03620067841558
    Last edited by The Evener; 04-22-2017 at 07:54 AM.
    Likes ThroughtonsHeir, datagod liked this post
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,325
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    I did some Google searching and came across a 2014 response from PSP. I suspect many have read it already, but I include it here for discussion:

For those of us that are permablocked by Patrick Patterson, can you post an quote from that entry?

Thanks
    "May the Heavy Hand spare you" -- Datagod 1:19
    ~~ Strongest Punch on Twin Galaxies ~~

9. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 2,589
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    45 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    Interesting thread to say the least. I don't doubt that there are examples of monkey business in the database -- again, others have far more knowledge than me as I'm a relative noob, but I gather that referees were fired for entering false data, either as a grudge or to give a friend (themselves?) some limelight.

There are certainly a range of problems. As Snowflake pointed out on his blog, there have been recorded scores that ignored stated rules and said rules were not subsequently updated for others to know about. Given how massive the database is, and the number of games, let alone tracks, entered for each platform, I don't doubt that there are many other examples. I think Jace alluded to this when he explained why he wasn't going to open the old TG (ref?) archives, although maybe he was talking about personalities rather than documented evidence of fudged scores. Also, we can't ignore the fact that scores were entered in error - there's the example of the Spin Out! score, where I think Terrance pointed out that it was entered by Walter Day decades later when he came across some old notes, but the score entered is simply impossible to achieve for a three lap race.

I suspect the Challenge function will be designed to address all scenarios, but it will naturally be on a case by case basis - a systematic review of the database seems beyond reach.

That said, the history of TG is a pretty amazing undertaking - and I'm glad that I can participate in the new era of TG.

Back to the specific example at hand -- this was my first exposure to Ryan Bland, so I did some Google searching and came across a 2014 response from PSP. I suspect many have read it already, but I include it here for discussion:

Referees and players still here today were involved in ill doings too, sadly never prosecuted or fired, in other countries the ill practices would have landed them in Jail, especially Patrick!!!!
  10. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 2,589
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    45 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Patrick did a great job of denying a frantic call by him and his wife to Jace, begging to stop me from reveal his ill past and I will share that face book message without entirely posting the conversation, just one thing ill post with dates!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick Scott Patterson
    26 April 2014 · Denton, TX ·

This post might run long and I apologize to the majority of the people who'll read this uber-nerdy sounding post with absolutely zero idea what I'm talking about.

Response - Oh plenty know

When you put yourself out there, you open yourself up to unfair criticism from people, especially on the internet. It
    comes with the territory. Most of this is easy to simply ignore, but some is not.

Reply - Patrick loves that quote

One person out there seems to find an unhealthy number of ways to sneak in claims about me and insults toward me as much as he possibly can, spouting off misinformation all along the way. I've ignored this person for the entirety of 2014, outside of a few things people alerted me to in passing.

Reply - Really Patrick all through 2014 not including the memes u posted the private conversations and wall posts you tried to delete?, misinformation that now in 2017 everyone of merit or common sense can see right though?

I could spend time refuting everything he claims in this same fashion, but that would take up more time than it's worth. I'll pick one of his claims right here, though, to show what he doesn't know... or doesn't tell others about... simply because there are, sadly, a handful of people who believe his side... likely because they've never bothered to get mine.
    I've simply wanted this person to leave me be for years. I'm not doing anything to do him in the modern day nor did I in the past. He seems to enjoy using me as his excuse for everything, though, going so far as to insult my wife and child and make false claims about my personal life.

Reply- Every claim myself and others have made about you have been proven true, you watch and post and report everything I say or do, you did it as a ref, you try to twist the facts to make yourself look good and when proven to be called out or wrong you block and lie some more it's a serious illness to say the least!!!!!

This probably is not a good way to stop that, but neither is being quiet about the guy, so I'll get this off my chest and try to move on again.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THE CLAIM: Allegedly, when I was a Twin Galaxies referee years ago, I created a fictional person named Ryan Bland to post an allegedly fictional speed run time on NES "classic" A Nightmare on Elm Street in effort to unfairly take down another gamer's "world record" time.

Reply - Fact I have spoken to Cat Pete and others on Telephone and email and seen your private Facebook messages you texted me in a panic saying it was a felony by accessory, later to find you were freaked I saw your insulting put down set up conversations, you had with cat and former refs, planning settings, fake people to submit scores, and when I confronted you, you said you never spoke to Ryan Bland and did not know if he was real, yet here you claim he is in MO ? Not one Ryan Bland lives there NOT one!!!!!

He issued a formal challenge of that time under Twin Galaxies rules that I supposedly ignored. I later supposedly killed the challenge by cutting up the former champion's disk on a live stream in an attempt to bully him.

Reply - you did ignore in face book you were told by me to send it and said ill do it when I can or feel like it, I gave you a MONTH a month later still not done your excuse Kidney Stones, not my problem, it's called lazy you get someone to your storage bin, everything is Niche to you if it has nothing to do with your benefit.

Now in 2017 you are paying for it and will continue to do so till Justice is served..... I told you a long time ago Patrick if you stirr me wrong you will be Exposed the truth is the lies you claim and the lies you claim are true, anything you ever say is opposite of what you claim, you can do no wrong and all is pretty in pink when in fact it's not!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED: Ryan Bland, based in Missouri, not Texas as the former champ claims, sent in a submission that set the new speed run record. I verified it.

Reply - Show us the Phone number address since you preserve gaming history since you kept our tapes and DVDs ypu clearly saved the postal addresses and packages...

The now-former champ balked, but this was nothing new. He did this to me every single time someone took one his scores away.

Reply - Because of the patterns of who submitted and how close to mine of course I did NOTICE IN the span of 2010- 2017 I lost less than 10 scores and there is MORE better competition and players than ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Admittedly, I was annoyed a bit by it considering A). I'd pushed for him to get reinstated at TG and 'given another chance' yet was getting yapped at

Reply - you pushed in private Archives and Pm on FB and Myspace to not have me reinstated you did nothing to help me

and B). I'd just got a referee busted for actually screwing with the now-former champs scores.

Reply - You and Tom Duncan did the same thing together I seen the PM's and Archives

That ref, btw, got canned by then-TG owner Pete B.

REply- I spoke to Pete you were close to being fired and prosecuted for stealing property, entering scores that were yours and wives vise versa and of course ill practices without Petes consent, you resigned after being caught stealing using Hank's KS

in yet another thing you just don't hear about. Oh well.

Tension between me and the TG owner Pete had started around August of 2010 in a series of events that I've never revealed publicly.

Reply - Of course you never released to figure out a way to lie yourself and fool others out of it!!!!!!!

These eventually led to my exit from TG in February 2011. I won't go into details on this now, but this is important to what all went down... as well as why I stopped submitting scores and logging scores on an arcade game, etc. All details for some other time.

Reply - Patrick you were close to being fired prosecuted and no longer trusted as a ref or player so you bailed, I seen the PM and Emails between you refs and Cat.... DK KS lies got you forced to try another scam which your doing right now, pretending to be doing something legit when your not!!!!!!

During this tense time, the former champ formally challenged the Nightmare speedrun time. He was, of course, unaware that me and Twin Galaxies were headed for a divorce already... as was everyone else.
    I put in my formal resignation to Twin Galaxies during the first week of January 2011. I didn't announce it until later on, as I gave my exit date of February 28 in an effort to verify every last submission in my backlog and wrap up all loose ends I had.

Reply - You also lied said you sent all my submissions and others to new refs and Dave you never DID, you changed your resign date to prevent obvious coinsciences with THE DK KS scam you tried to pull off.

I came close to doing that. Score challenges, both from this former champion and another gamer on another title, were not something I was able to complete before my exit, through no lack of effort on my part.

Reply - In an email I told you after Home Alone you were not to be trusted and clearly you tried to claim you re watched the video 3 times well we know that is a lie, I spoke to Pete catching you in a lie as he told me it was in storage, yet you watched it 3 times? and when confronted you tried to call him a liar.

I informed TG owner Pete of this on my final day, stating that I would be happy to assist in those challenges. All he had to do was ask.
    He did not reply, nor was I asked to help in any way. I went on about forming the next chapter of what I want to do with my life.

Reply - Pete Myself and Dave Told you send it now today you refused day 1 10 30 and 90

Fast forward to October 2011. I was an ambassador for the launch of the new BurgerTime World Tour game and called head TG ref Dave Nelson to offer download codes for it for an upcoming TG event. During the conversation, Dave asked if I still had Bland's disc and I confirmed I did. I kept all the submissions sent to me while I was there in an off-site storage unit.

Reply - Which you were supposed to said tons of days back and lies saying you did and were the day I confirmed

He asked me if I could go out there and pull it out to mail to him. I said I would be be happy to do so that coming weekend. He said that was fine, and that there "was no hurry" on it.

Plans changed when I ended up having to pass two kidney stones over that weekend.

Reply - Healthy people that claim they never get sick dont get Kidney stones BTW you never showed proof of this another excuse

The following Tuesday, TG Pete called me up. He informed me he was "being pestered to death" by the former champ about the challenge. I informed him that I was recovering from passing two kidney stones and would go get it when I was feeling better. He pushed for me to do it right then and there anyway. I repeated that I would go get it when I felt better.

Reply - You had months to do it before this lies of claims

Later that night, the former champion sent me a profanity-filled angry message right here on Facebook, speaking as if I hadn't bothered to do anything for his challenge. I asked him not to speak to me that way, noting that I'd just been asked recently to mail in Bland's run and that I'd been ill. He continued to speak to me in the same fashion, so I blocked him.
    I called Dave the following day to ask how the former champ knew to contact me on that. He said he didn't know. I tried to call Pete to ask him, but he would not pick up.

Reply - You never replied nice or said you were ill and you know it

I was forced to believe that Pete threw me under the bus, blaming me for "not bothering to follow through" when, as noted above, I'd just recently been asked to do so and had been sick. I still believe this is true, too... and that he did it to get the former champ to stop "pestering" him by dumping it on me.

Reply - It don't take months and months when a score challenge arises you do as your told and asked you did not therefore yup I called you out after that saw through your life of lies and scams.

The former champ chose, as he tends to do, to go nuts on me on social media, claiming then, as he does now, that I'm lying or hiding something and that the disc and gamer doesn't exist.
    So I decided to put my foot down. I told Pete that I wouldn't send in Bland's disc unless I got an apology from both the former champ and from him. The request went ignored. In the weeks that followed, two TG staffers attempted to speak to me about this and get me to send it in, but I repeated my request for an apology first and told them this exact series of events.

Reply - You made it get to that point because you don't do things right Patrick this is why your arcade business failed you lie cheat and scam people!!!!!!!!

I scheduled a live Q&A stream. The former champ decided to assume it was about him but it wasn't going to be. I decided to stand up to this person to start the stream, then go on about the actual topics at hand.

I told the former champ to call me and apologize. He called, but screamed at me instead, so I cut up Ryan Bland's disc on the air and hung up on him. I then moved on.

Repeat that... it was NOT the former champ's disc. It was Ryan Bland's disc... and I did not to it to BE a bully... but rather to stand up to two: the former champ and TG owner Pete. I refused to be walked on.

However... I'd made copies of Bland's run. A few days after the broadcast, I sent it to then-TG staffer Grace under protest, informing her and Pete that I was still upset at being thrown under the bus like that.

At least three referees, possibly more, watched Bland's Nightmare on Elm Street speed run as the score challenge was processed. They eventually concluded that the run was legit, shutting down the challenge. Ryan Bland's run stood and continues to do so today.

Reply - Yet Grace was almost prsecuted and was fired and of course Guinness was lost over this, plenty of glitches and missing footage on that submission Grace just didn't do her job as usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now, as I said, I could refute every thing this perma-troll says about me with exactly this much detail. I won't, though. As it is, writing this is 25 minutes of my life I'll never get back... but that's a far cry from the five years this guy has gone out of his way to be a zit on my ass.
    Since this pompous person enjoys asking questions of others from afar, let me ask him some questions about his claims here this time.
    1. Why do you claim it was your disc when it wasn't? Your disc wouldn't even be relevant to the challenge. It was Ryan Bland's disc.
    2. If Ryan Bland doesn't exist, as you claim, then who's speedrun did 3 or more Twin Galaxies referees watch after I sent it to them?
    I'm certain he will answer these questions within 5 minutes. I'll likely see them within 5 weeks. I almost don't even want to post this, but since he won't STFU and since I've never shared my side of the story... here goes.

Perhaps I'll post another response to him in another two years. See ya in 2016, dude.

Reply - Update you been caught doing numerous scams and ill practices in these last six years and responded watching everything I say and do for all 6 years since and made 100s of posts, via emails and text messages!!!!!!

You have nobody of Merit in gaming trusting you anymore is that a Coinscience too???

Thanks datagod thanked this post
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Join us