thread

Corruption and Collusion: Who is Ryan Bland?

User Tag List

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 22,555
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
    However, the person making these edits has an IP from denton texas and they edit all the exact same articles he edited before being banned
    Once again, Bill, ....if he was banned, do you think that he has created another account?

john

2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,911
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    Thanks for the info, Bill. 10 848 views now.

May I ask (more views coming) ...How do you know it was him? You told us that he got banned from Wiki. Maybe he's got a new user account ?

For all I know, could have been you or Rudy that did that, just to get your view count up for this thread?

Just asking. Thanks.

john

Hey John. At this point, the only thing that matters is the view count. We beat Allen Staal's Attarct Mode score!! :)

Seriously though, the IP address according to Wikipedia is from Denton Texass. Also the style of writing is a ringer for patterson. "You have sourced your outside data for an outside source. I have removed said data at this time." (an approximation).

What are the odds that people in his very own home town decide to mess with wikipedia articles, and try to frame him for it? What would be the point?
    --My TG Blog--
    --Long live the neon glow--

--Arcade Photographer of All Time--
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,911
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Once again, Bill, ....if he was banned, do you think that he has created another account?
    john
    He is not using an account which was banned for making legal threats. You don't need an account to use Wikipedia. It will let you edit articles but will record the IP address for all to see.
    --My TG Blog--

4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,354
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

john

ah you wanted a simple yes/no and couldnt bother to read my whopping 3 sentence long answer that explains exactly why I think its likely its him.

technically, "NO" is the short answer as the edits were not done from an account.

effectively yes, as the IP or the user can be traced to his city, and the content of multiple edits show the same pattern as when he did have a user.

wikipedia isnt super user friendly for tracking done edit history, but its not impossible either. You can learn all the details on how it works just by going there.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,453
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    ah you wanted a simple yes/no and couldnt bother to read my whopping 3 sentence long answer that explains exactly why I think its likely its him.

technically, "NO" is the short answer as the edits were not done from an account.

effectively yes, as the IP or the user can be traced to his city, and the content of multiple edits show the same pattern as when he did have a user.

wikipedia isnt super user friendly for tracking done edit history, but its not impossible either. You can learn all the details on how it works just by going there.

Just to stir the pot - IPs can be spoofed and the edit could have taken place from anywhere.
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,354
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwyer138 View Post
    Just to stir the pot - IPs can be spoofed and the edit could have taken place from anywhere.
    thats fair, and i'm not willing to bet my life on it being him. Also, alot of people live in denton so it could be any one of them. When you combine that though with the edits being on the same pages his account edited, as well as the edits being the same in nature -- right down to the incorrect interpertations of wikipedia rules that he repeatedly failed to understand despite being corrected every time he stated it, i agree with datagods assessment.

you're correct though. its not proof. it is theoretically possible someone else with the exact same misconceptions on wikipedia rules, and the exact same vendettas is vandalazing the same exact same pages and using an IP from same city.

as a matter of coincidence i'm gonna say thats realistically impossible. I guess I hold out the possibility someone may be intentionally framing him.
    Thanks datagod thanked for this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,394
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post

Yeah because Aurcade and Galloping ghosts are SO trustwrothy lol GTFOOH
    Rudy J. Ferretti

Two time Splatterhouse Arcade World Champion 2012 & 2016
    708,000 Highest Score in the World on Arcade or Mame

3 Time Splatterhouse TG16 World Champion Highest Score Period 782,700

The Console Player of the Century!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! first 0 score in gaming ever on any complete game or arcade, most perfect/max NES scores

https://www.youtube.com/user/trtomkitinholloywood My work not theirs

https://www.facebook.com/RudyJFerretti
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 22,555
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake
    Bill, I did read what you said. I'm surprised that he would do that given the current scrutiny he's under? That would be just plain unadulterated dumbness. Or desperation? I don't know. What I do know though is that I have little voices in my head telling me that something isn't right here.

Quote Originally Posted by datagod
    What are the odds that people in his very own home town decide to mess with wikipedia articles, and try to frame him for it? What would be the point?
    Bill, how did you know that that article was changed? (that someone messed with it) Did you just happen to out of the blue look at it and notice the change? Or did someone tell you?

john

9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,911
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Bill, I did read what you said. I'm surprised that he would do that given the current scrutiny he's under? That would be just plain unadulterated dumbness. Or desperation? I don't know. What I do know though is that I have little voices in my head telling me that something isn't right here.
    Fair enough, it would be a surprisingly dumb thing to do. Spoofing IP addresses is not out of the question although it is a bit advanced for most people. This is the problem with having a shady well documented history of abusing communities (L=22, self entered scores, corruption and collusion, sandbagging, attacks against Walter Day and Billy Mitchell, etc.). People see patterns and assign blame.

Bill, how did you know that that article was changed? (that someone messed with it) Did you just happen to out of the blue look at it and notice the change? Or did someone tell you?
    Since I edited the Splatterhouse article to include information about Rudy and Caitlin I added it to my watchlist. When people edit articles on your watchlist you get notified.
    --My TG Blog--

10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 22,555
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod
    Since I edited the Splatterhouse article to include information about Rudy and Caitlin I added it to my watchlist. When people edit articles on your watchlist you get notified.
    Sounds plausible to me. Thanks, Bill!

john

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28