Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

New Editor

@admin staff @Jace Hall

Up until just now, I've been able to rely on opening a thread's "Reply" link into a new tab and getting the fully-featured editor that included the font style, font size, clipboard, and (most importantly) the ability to switch the editor to source mode. And now I'm getting this crap instead:
    Name:  tmp1.png
Views: 102
Size:  32.1 KB

All the above-mentioned items are gone! Why? If this is a bug, then please fix it soon, because that functionality was incredibly useful when adding a reply to an existing thread (especially for composing and formatting MAME analyses as I often do). If it was intentional to get rid of those options, then I urge you to reconsider that misguided decision.

P.S., I see these options still exist in the editor I'm currently using to compose a new thread, so why are they now suddenly missing from the editor when replying to an existing thread? Please fix this ASAP.

Jamey Pittman
    Perfect Pac-Man - 3,333,360 (Twin Galaxies, MARP)
    The Pac-Man Dossier
    Thanks stella_blue, HugDD thanked this post
  2. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 28,770
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, I stumbled onto this earlier as well.
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,357
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I swear it feels like they are breaking more things than they are fixing lately, and this one has cheesed me off pretty badly. Is it really that hard to test these "upgrades" in a sandbox environment before screwing everyone out of needed functionality by rolling out half-baked code? This latest *****-up hampers my ability to properly format my MAME analysis reports, and I'm getting pretty damn infuriated with this "upgrade" (read: "broken functionality") crap.
    Last edited by jpittman; 05-09-2017 at 06:34 AM.

Jamey Pittman
    The Pac-Man Dossier
    Likes stella_blue liked this post
  4. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 28,770
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jpittman View Post
    I swear it feels like they are breaking more things than they are fixing lately, and this one has cheesed me off pretty badly. Is it really that hard to test these "upgrades" in a sandbox environment before screwing everyone out of needed functionality by rolling out half-baked code? They just made my ability to properly format my MAME analysis reports more difficult and for no good reason whatsoever, and that's pretty damn infuriating.
    You now know why I freak out.
  5. VERIFIED Veteran Member Credibility: 35,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: stella_blue
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I swear it feels like they are breaking more things than they are fixing lately, and this one has cheesed me off pretty badly. Is it really that hard to test these "upgrades" in a sandbox environment before screwing everyone out of needed functionality by rolling out half-baked code? This latest *****-up hampers my ability to properly format my MAME analysis reports, and I'm getting pretty damn infuriated with this "upgrade" (read: "broken functionality") crap.

Hey Jamey,

Your criticism is right on target, although I am amused by the highlighted phrase above.

I have yet to encounter the latest formatting issue that you describe.

I am going to logout => clear my browser cache (twice) => close & relaunch Chrome => sign back in. At that point, I will most likely experience firsthand what you're talking about.

By the way, you have been waiting patiently for my reply on the DK barrel control topic.

It is definitely on my to-do list.

I would have responded long ago, but the subject is not something I can adequately cover in a few brief sentences. As I have mentioned to several other people recently, it takes me forever to accomplish anything these days . . . except fall asleep.

Likes jpittman, creech, HugDD liked this post
  6. VERIFIED CUSTODIAN Credibility: 10,500
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: 123
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Jpittman

We have reverted the changes . The changes were made to see the editor in real time . We do test the changes in Sandbox environment . The main site has extra layers of security to prevent hack attempts . This causes a few changes to behave differently on the main site .

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused .

Regards
    Twingalaxies Staff

@admin staff @Jace Hall

Up until just now, I've been able to rely on opening a thread's "Reply" link into a new tab and getting the fully-featured editor that included the font style, font size, clipboard, and (most importantly) the ability to switch the editor to source mode. And now I'm getting this crap instead:
    Name:  tmp1.png
Views: 102
Size:  32.1 KB

All the above-mentioned items are gone! Why? If this is a bug, then please fix it soon, because that functionality was incredibly useful when adding a reply to an existing thread (especially for composing and formatting MAME analyses as I often do). If it was intentional to get rid of those options, then I urge you to reconsider that misguided decision.

P.S., I see these options still exist in the editor I'm currently using to compose a new thread, so why are they now suddenly missing from the editor when replying to an existing thread? Please fix this ASAP.
    Thanks stella_blue thanked this post
    Likes JasonV91 liked this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,357
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by admin staff View Post
    Hi Jpittman

We have reverted the changes . The changes were made to see the editor in real time . We do test the changes in Sandbox environment . The main site has extra layers of security to prevent hack attempts . This causes a few changes to behave differently on the main site .

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused .

Regards
    Twingalaxies Staff
    Well, thanks for reverting to code that isn't broken. Sounds like you folks need to build a better sandbox that accurately mirrors the behavior of the real site, because this kind of thing is happening far too often around here as of late.

My advice (that I know you don't want) is to leave the editor interface alone; it looked fine the way it was (and it worked!). I should think that there's more pressing issues to be addressed on this site before mucking up an editor for no apparent reason other than to "pretty" up the buttons...
    Last edited by jpittman; 05-09-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Jamey Pittman
    The Pac-Man Dossier
  8. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 28,770
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I'm still experiencing issues with the editor as explained above. @admin staff
    Last edited by creech; 05-12-2017 at 04:24 PM.
  9. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 28,770
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    If I right click reply and open in new tab it works okay. Here's what I see.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  51.7 KB
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,357
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Just for clarification (and correct me if I'm wrong here, Jeff). He's saying that he doesn't get the full editor unless he first right-clicks on the "reply" link and opens it in a new tab (at which point, it does work).

My original complaint had to do with the fact that the new tab trick to get the full editor features stopped working; that has since been fixed. However, simply left-clicking on "reply" in a thread does indeed only provide a handful of editor options. Frankly, it's really silly that one has to right-click and open a new tab just to get the editor to work properly. Fixing it to work in all cases would be the right thing to do.

Jamey Pittman
    The Pac-Man Dossier
    Thanks creech, HugDD thanked this post
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us