Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Signature Limit

Hello @admin staff @Jace Hall

I will spend 30,000 of my cred points, if you please limit the amount of content a user's signature can contain, because I've had it up to my head with a certain person's 2 page signature that interferes with adjudication.

Thanks, Creech, Jeff
    Thanks MyOwnWorstEnemy, Marcade thanked this post
  2. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 28,770
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by creech View Post
    Hello @admin staff @Jace Hall

I will spend 30,000 of my cred points, if you please limit the amount of content a user's signature can contain, because I've had it up to my head with a certain person's 2 page signature that interferes with adjudication.

Thanks, Creech, Jeff
    Problem has seemed to disappear for now.
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 10,777
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: magrinder
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    69 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    The fastest approach is to block the user in question.

The longer approach would be to create a guide on basic TG forum etiquette and ask that users make an effort to follow it. this could be a productive approach to improving the forums in general, and a growth possibility to those who may wish to learn more about following basic forum etiquette.

I'll take a stab at a first draft here:

1. Self promotion is good. It's what your wall is for. Tell us about yourself or an event... on your wall. If you want to add a single line entry or perhaps two line entries to your signature line, go for it. A one line entry is far better than a two line entry.

2. If you want to supply additional information, use links. Don't ever copy and past text from another source. We all have google and if we really want to know some detail, we'll google it individually. If you feel that an exception should be made, go ahead and post but do so sparingly, if at all.

3. If the submitter has already posted all relevant information about the submission, do not repeat or screen shot anything about submission information. It's already been posted once, and once is all we need to see. If you feel that an exception should be made, you should go ahead and post but do so sparingly, if at all.

4. Do not repeat yourself or others. Doing so once or twice to make a point is one thing, anything more than this creates clutter.

Thanks creech, MyOwnWorstEnemy, HugDD, stella_blue thanked this post
    Likes JasonV91, Barra, xelnia, HugDD, Marcade and 1 others liked this post
  4. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 28,770
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    or ban something like this...

• JJT_Defender

Honored Veteran

Credibility: 23,297

Submission Points: 12,165 + 60 for Sponsor = 12,225

Juan Torres JJT Fast and Furious: Super Cars World Champion Vs David H. Lowe The Fast and the Furious Twin Galaxy World Champion

I JJT Johnny would Like to Challenge you David H Lowe on the Modern Arcade Racing Game Fast and Furious: Super Cars Made By RAW THRILLS Owned By Eugene Jarvis at Main Event in Austin,Texas in a Best out of 11 Races or All 27 Race Tracks & Who Can Get the Fastest Race Times

I JJT Johnny would Like Challenge you David H Lowe on Arcade Game Fast and Furious: Super Cars at Main Event in Austin,Texas in a Best out of 11 Races or All 27 Race Tracks

Plus Their is 6 Other WR Challenges 1. Most Tricks, 2. Most Air Air Time, 3. Biggest Drift Time,4. Biggest Drift Chain, 5. Biggest Jump, 6. Biggest Drift 33 World Records out of 41 at 1 City plus 4 Players Challenging Me JJT Johnny 8 Wins 0 Loses

Come to the Classic Game Fest in Austin, Texas July 29-30 2017 at the Palmer Event Center if you Can I JJT Johnny will Show you Austin,Texas

I JJT am Undefeated Against the Best Players on the Modern Racing Arcade Game Fast & the Furious Super Cars in 42 Cities & Different State's & Beating The Best Fast & the Furious Super Cars Players & All their 1st Place 27 Race Track Times I JJT Johnny Raced them in the Best of 3,5, & 7 Races with 2,376 Victories in 7 Years with only 36 Loses Never Losing a Series of Races

I Challenge All You Guys on Modern Arcade Game Fast & the Furious Super Cars by RAW THRILLS Owned by Eugene Jarvis

hitzujaa Game Initials HIT

Bill Rob Game Initials TUT

dlon9 Game Initials GAU

GCS from Vista, California,

Konrad Pagano GJP Jilly's Arcade Ocean City, New Jersey,

Andrew Navarro- Game Initials ANDREW & KOVAL

Harry H99710

DUCK & ACG from Shenandoa, Texas Main Event

ZAC or ZACHARY from Katy & Stafford, Texas Main Event

RODEN

BAF LewisVille ,Texas Main Event

MARK Grapevine,Texas Main Event

Bear_1995 Game Initials NBC Midway Lanes, Mandan, North Dakota

& Jason Newman P99, I Challenge All You Guys on Fast & the Furious Super Cars Best of 3,5 or 7 Races at Main Event

&
      Classic Game Fest Gives Top Billing to Walter Day and Billy Mitchell! Biggest Retro Gaming Convention in Texas held in Austin

I JJT Dominate Presently the Modern Arcade Games 51 with First Place & Highest Scores & Fastest Times were I Live

Especially the Modern Arcade Game Fast & the Furious Super Cars by Raw Thrills Owned By Eugene Jarvis

I JJT Johnny Live in Austin, Texas

Most have only Seen My Automatic Race Track Times which are 3.5 Seconds to 9 Seconds Slower than my Manual Race Track Times

"I JJT Johnny been Holding Back having Fun I JJT Can Go a Lot Faster!" I JJT Johnny Broken Every Race Track Time Barrier On the Modern Arcade Racing Game Fast & Furious Super Cars that was thought to be Impossible I did it.

I JJT Johnny Live in Austin,Texas

I JJT Johnny Play at Main Event, on Monday Night Madness 3 Specials for $10.95 Unlimited Game Card from 4pm to 2 am in the Morning ,

Dave n Busters Sunday $10.00 Unlimited Game Card from 10am to 12 Midnight

Adjudicated Video Submissions I JJT Johnny Got Wrong a Total of 30 in Twin Galaxy in Accepted, Rejected & Cancel Adjudication Archives &

I JJT Johnny Correctly Adjudicated 12,225 at .99755201958% Accuracy

Juan Torres Fast and Furious: Super Cars World Champion VS GCS The Fast and the Furious World Champion

Blog this Post Thank for this post Like this post

Reply Reply With Quote

Thanks HugDD thanked this post
  5. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 28,770
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    right? I was restricted for posting one sentence replies.
  6. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 28,770
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Taking a long break.
  7. VERIFIED TG Head Custodian Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    58 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Signatures have now been limited to 100 chars.

Thank you.
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian and Caretaker
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
    Thanks MyOwnWorstEnemy, creech thanked this post
    Likes JasonV91 liked this post
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 54,107
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    51 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, I just checked and confirmed that this member doesn't have a signature (nor any wall posts that would serve his cause as Max's first point above), what he posts in these forum threads are all manually derived and then later copied and pasted (at his sole discretion apparently, when he feels like changing what he chooses to flood): http://www.twingalaxies.com/member.p...3-jjt_defender

I was initially concerned that this topic pertained to myself. As I said in a stream, my signature is kinda long, but not uberly long, phew!

-Duc
    Last edited by HugDD; 06-12-2017 at 01:43 AM.
    Thanks creech thanked this post
  9. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 28,770
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HugDD View Post
    Ok, I just checked and confirmed that this member doesn't have a signature (nor any wall posts that would serve his cause as Max's first point above), what he posts in these forum threads are all manually derived and then later copied and pasted (at his sole discretion apparently, when he feels like changing what he chooses to flood): http://www.twingalaxies.com/member.p...3-jjt_defender

I was initially concerned that this topic pertained to myself. As I said in a stream, my signature is kinda long, but not uberly long, phew!

-Duc
    Thanks Hug, yes, You and Max have pointed out to me that it's not a signature. I should've used my rationale and just utilized the block function. Thanks everyone in this thread for their time.
    Thanks HugDD thanked this post
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  10. VERIFIED Veteran Member Credibility: 35,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: stella_blue
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Yeah, this is not a signature issue.

It is a case of excessively long replies that routinely flood the Submission Review forum 3-4 times each week.

I will add one observation, as Max has already elaborated on several key points (repetition, self-promotion, etc.)

In my opinion, many of the posts are trivial and unnecessary, amounting to little more then "busy work". I understand the desire to be helpful and/or appreciated, but consider some of the items that consistently attract one or more comments:

• Angry Birds
    • Trackmania Turbo
    • Hill Climb Racing
    • Stair Dismount

Submissions on these titles are among the quickest and easiest to adjudicate. I would argue that most (if not all) TG members are perfectly capable of reviewing them without "expert" guidance. If not, then perhaps those voters should consider spending their free time with a coloring book and a box of crayons.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I become cranky and irritable when the flow of my daily routine is disrupted every 5-7 minutes.

Thanks HugDD, creech thanked this post
    Likes HugDD, creech, Barra liked this post
Join us