Before the end of the year, we will be rolling out a feature on TG Tournaments that will allow users to go in and set up their own events without any administrative involvement. While this feature is being developed, we'd like to do a stress test of the system, and are inviting TG users to participate in a beta test by hosting their own events on the site.
If you're interested in running your own tournament on TG Tournaments, fill out the form here. Note that this Google Form is temporary, and something much more elegant is coming in the future. 14 days from this post, we'll be reviewing the submissions and choosing a small handful of events that will go live.
You can completely customize what kind of event you'd like to run. The site currently has support for:
- Individual and team-based events
- Points-based and percentile-based scoring systems
- Single game competitions (ex: highest score on Donkey Kong over a weekend)
- Multi game competitions (ex: IGBY, Yolympics, Crap Tournament)
- Multi platform competitions
- Submission security settings (what is required for a score submission in your event?)
If you'd like to have any special rules for your tournament, there is a place at the end of the form to enter those details and if your event is chosen we'll reach out to you about implementing that feature.
Once the user-hosted tournaments feature fully goes live, hosting your own tournament will likely cost a lot of submission points. If you're interested, this is your chance to test the system now for free!