View Channel: 123
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Stella

The submission was a duplicate submission . By deleting and recalculating the stats , the system awarded the submission points back to the user and did not penalize or award any user who voted on the duplicate submission.

Regards
    Twingalaxies Staff

Quote Originally Posted by stella_blue View Post

I generally oppose the outright deletion of ANY submission topic.

Was there no other solution?

Another submission was deleted more than 2 years ago:

Nintendo Game Cube - Sonic Mega Collection - NTSC - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Sonic [Fastest Minimalist Completion] [TGTS] - 37:12.00 - Jared Oswald

The submission was originally accepted (in error), and a number of adjudicators (myself included) were penalized. After much protest, the CR penalties were reversed. The submission should have been transferred to the rejected archive, but it vanished as if it had never existed. The Yes voters got away unscathed, while those who voted No were denied credibility (+3) and submission points (+1).

Jeremy @xelnia and I have been requesting an explanation ever since (see link below):

Removed "Accepted" Submission

To this day, our questions have gone unanswered.

2. VERIFIED Veteran Member Credibility: 35,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: stella_blue
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by admin staff View Post
    Hi Stella

The submission was a duplicate submission . By deleting and recalculating the stats , the system awarded the submission points back to the user and did not penalize or award any user who voted on the duplicate submission.

Regards
    Twingalaxies Staff

I respectfully disagree.

If your statement is correct, please provide a link to the "identical twin" submission.

Are you referring to this item?

Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - NTSC - Minimalist Speed Run - Sonic - 37:12.00 - Jared Oswald

The submitted time (37:12.00) is the same, but the platform is not.

How about this one?

Nintendo Game Cube - Sonic Mega Collection - NTSC - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Sonic [Fastest Minimalist Completion] [TGTS] - 38:44.00 - Jared Oswald

Jared resubmitted his speed run with the corrected time (38:44.00), which was subsequently accepted.

Neither of the above qualifies as a duplicate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us