Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Submission points gone into minus...??

Well, been gone awhile. I'm all moved into my new place and thought why not have some fun on the arcade and try to improve my scores when i see this...

Name:  1212.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  14.4 KB

I left with 2 or 4 something like that... what is that about?! Can it be fixed? I'm not going to adjudicate just to bring that back up when i didn't cause it.
    @TWIN GALAXIES can you help?
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  2. VERIFIED VERIFIED Credibility: 10,284
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I think we have a thief among us stealing our submission points :) Or you made someone angry
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,889
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Well, either way can i get this resolved? Otherwise I'm going to stick to steering clear of TG. I can't be bothered to spend hours reclaiming points i didn't use.
  4. VERIFIED VERIFIED Credibility: 10,284
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I'm surprised that this hasn't been fixed yet @Jace Hall
  5. VERIFIED TG Head Custodian Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    58 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by rotunda View Post
    Well, been gone awhile. I'm all moved into my new place and thought why not have some fun on the arcade and try to improve my scores when i see this...

Name:  1212.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  14.4 KB

I left with 2 or 4 something like that... what is that about?! Can it be fixed? I'm not going to adjudicate just to bring that back up when i didn't cause it.
    @TWIN GALAXIES can you help?
    This situation was investigated. The -51 is correct.

The issue is that the the track donation system was not updating your account. So as you donated, points were not deducted.

We recently ran that service to update the whole system and the calculation was finally applied to your account, which then accurately reflected your total submission point status.
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian and Caretaker
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
  6. VERIFIED VERIFIED Credibility: 10,284
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for clearing up why it happened. Now how about compensating the account back to a positive amount since it was in the system that caused him to use more than he thought he had. A person shouldn't be punished for something that he had no control in knowing or doing. Thanks
    Likes Desidious liked this post
  7. VERIFIED TG Head Custodian Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    58 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by redelf View Post
    Thanks for clearing up why it happened. Now how about compensating the account back to a positive amount since it was in the system that caused him to use more than he thought he had. A person shouldn't be punished for something that he had no control in knowing or doing. Thanks
    This is something we can not easily do.

The system is balanced. All submission points are calculated by activity within the site. Submission points are actually created by work effort. They are not magically produced. We can not just insert submission points into the system. Those points would not be based on anything, so when the system runs its calculation service and recalculates everything, the submission points we would have given would simply disappear and be wiped out once again since they correspond to nothing.

The submission point system is an actual economy that is governed by algorithm.

Right now, there is an overall system build up of points due to the limited number of ways to spend them - but that will be changing soon.

Additionally, value and function was received of all the submission points he spent. Tracks were created and etc. So while I can agree that it would have been helpful to know that there was deficit spending going on and that may have altered decisions - the fact remains that the things he spent those points on were things that he wanted to.

If the points had somehow vanished into thin air, then it would be easy to replace them since all we would need to do is run the calculation service and the points would reappear based on the adjudication activity - but that is not the case here.

Many apologies.
    Jace Hall
    Head Custodian and Caretaker
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,889
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Well it's been a while since i bothered to visit here as the site performance was awful before. But now it seems to be running a bit faster so props for sorting that out. However, my submission points are still dropping and I've not even been here...

Seems a shame to not help me out when it was the system which screwed up. Or I should say, screwing up... as it still seems to be doing it.
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,150
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by rotunda View Post
    Well it's been a while since i bothered to visit here as the site performance was awful before. But now it seems to be running a bit faster so props for sorting that out. However, my submission points are still dropping and I've not even been here...

Seems a shame to not help me out when it was the system which screwed up. Or I should say, screwing up... as it still seems to be doing it.
    As Jace mentioned above, the system screwed up, but to your advantage - you got to spend submission points that you hadn't yet earned. Just a matter of putting in some adjudication work to get back in the black...at least you're not getting charged interest like a credit card!
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,800
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: d3scride
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I wish we could give submission points to other users. I'd hook you up since I'm sitting on ~4,400 points
    Craig Rout Gallant

Current verified TG WRs: 58

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/CraigARG
    MAME World Records channel: http://www.youtube.com/MAMEWorldRecords
    Thanks rotunda thanked this post
    Likes Barthax liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us