View Channel: bensweeneyonbass
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    106 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_E_Coyote View Post
    I've never understood why someone would want to cheat to get their name at the top to begin with. If I want to be considered one of the best in the world at something, but I achieved it by those means, it would be hollow.
    Most people have the dignity you have and would never want that hollow glory. It does boggle the mind the effort that goes into cheating and making it look realistic.

Not to turn this into a cheating thread but there was a dude who came to TG from MARP (MAME action replay page) saying "Help. MARP is lying about me and saying I cheated." But there are people here at TG that are admins at MARP for crying out loud. Anyway he was recording INPs as MAME performances (necessary to submit to TG or MARP) but had developed a way to do it where when he made a mistake he could "rewind" the INP that was being recorded and avoid the mistake. Dude put up a 10M Galaga score and was like "How can I cheat? I just play on my keyboard on my laptop. It's impossible."

At least he defended himself to make it seem more legitimate.

Ok back to the thread. Robert - is it your laptop that you use for your General Capture video? Do you have any more detail about maybe what happened to lose that first part of the video? I've done a LOT of troubleshooting with webcams and computers over the past couple years. It could have just been a fluke but I dunno.
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,348
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by bensweeneyonbass View Post
    Ok back to the thread. Robert - is it your laptop that you use for your General Capture video? Do you have any more detail about maybe what happened to lose that first part of the video? I've done a LOT of troubleshooting with webcams and computers over the past couple years. It could have just been a fluke but I dunno.
    I think it was just a fluke on my part. I use a laptop webcam with QuickTime Video for my General Capture. At about 30 minutes into the run I swiped on my computer's touch pad to wake my screen up. One of two things happened:

1. I stopped and restarted the recording with that action. (This doesn't explain why the first 30 minute recording is gone.)

Or

2. (More likely) I just started the recording when I did that and must not have actually started the recording the first time when I thought that I did.

Silly mistake on my part. A good learning experience to actually make sure that the recording is functioning when I get underway!
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass thanked this post
  3. VERIFIED Member Credibility: 3,066
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by bensweeneyonbass View Post
    Direct capture video is used a lot. I'm not against it. I know this discussion is about what makes the BEST evidence videos for console submissions. With that in mind, I think every direct capture submission should be accompanied by a live cam, showing what was discussed above - console, cart/disc, wiring, and TV. There's not always a game disc or cart but you get my drift.

Direct capture is a fantastic way to get high quality game play footage. I support it. But for best evidence package, a corresponding live shot should be included.
    I agree with Ben. This is what I have started to do as well. Direct capture via PC and live capture via iphone. Best of both worlds.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us