Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: idesidious
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    65 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    The original YouTube video went missing and that will open a can of worms again. I would cancel this and resubmit the video that works now in your main submission.

I know, it seems silly but many folks can dispute the fact the orignal evidence went missing.
    The Fisher King
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,585
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    57 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Nolco reuploaded his submission video and apologized for the error of deleting his original video, and that sits well with me. Otherwise, why pull a video while it's still in the adjudication process?

My personal take is that if you voted on the original video and see that he's uploaded a different video altogether, then you should certainly call that out and change your vote accordingly. But if both videos are identical, then there shouldn't be an issue.

(As an aside, it's also my personal take that if any gamer submits a YouTube video and promptly pulls it after it passes adjudication, then the gamer should be penalized and not those who voted for it in good faith.)

Back to this submission: All of the times and scores check out and add up, respectively.

Accepted. Congratulations!
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 12,664
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    65 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco1019 View Post
    Nolco reuploaded his submission video and apologized for the error of deleting his original video, and that sits well with me. Otherwise, why pull a video while it's still in the adjudication process?

My personal take is that if you voted on the original video and see that he's uploaded a different video altogether, then you should certainly call that out and change your vote accordingly. But if both videos are identical, then there shouldn't be an issue.

(As an aside, it's also my personal take that if any gamer submits a YouTube video and promptly pulls it after it passes adjudication, then the gamer should be penalized and not those who voted for it in good faith.)

Back to this submission: All of the times and scores check out and add up, respectively.

Accepted. Congratulations!
    There are enough people waiting to dispute anything that's on Youtube that went missing originally and causing more chaos. It's the main reason Jace has started talking about doing away with Youtube as a third party way of submitting. If this were just cancelled, preventing that from happening and resubmitted without the removed video footage then we wouldn't have to worry about disputes. This is dangerous territory and something better avoided.
    The Fisher King
    Thanks Marco1019 thanked this post
    Likes Marco1019 liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,585
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    57 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidious View Post
    There are enough people waiting to dispute anything that's on Youtube that went missing originally and causing more chaos. It's the main reason Jace has started talking about doing away with Youtube as a third-party way of submitting. If this were just cancelled, preventing that from happening and resubmitted without the removed video footage then we wouldn't have to worry about disputes. This is dangerous territory and something better avoided.
    That's a good point, Brandon. However, since it's only in the talking/early stages, then YouTube/third-party videos are still in effect until such a change becomes official. To that end, it seems as if some voters are "running out the clock" until such a decision becomes official, so to speak.

If Nolco chooses to cancel this submission & then has trouble uploading to TG (which is not an exclusive problem), then he's inadvertently denied himself a new record. That doesn't seem right to me.

P.S. - @Nolco : If, in fact, you do decide to cancel this submission, then I kindly request you announce it on the thread first in order to give voters time to change/cancel their votes. Again, voters shouldn't have bear the brunt of this matter.
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 12,664
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    65 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I personally would just tell you to resubmit the YouTube video as I have no issue adjudicating YouTube submissions. It does NOT have to be from the TG uploader even though it is preferred.
    The Fisher King
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us