thread

Dispute: Pete Hahn - Arcade - Green Beret - Points - Player: Michael Robertson - Score: 6166500

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,340
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: flyhec
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    89 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Here's one for you all. I've rolled Punch-Out!! quite a few times. There have a been 2 few times that the score maxed and stopped for a few fights and other times when it only froze for 1-2 fights, but usually it just rolled and kept going. One video isn't enough evidence to disprove a score if things like this might be possible on this game.

We need to see more.

Hec
    If you need me, I'll be on the 7th floor.
    Likes Max, Barthax, Snowflake, spectre liked this post
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,234
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    The two top MARP replays also show the score maxing out at 999,999 instead of rolling: http://replay.marpirc.net/r/gberet
    Thanks Fly, HAN, Max, HugDD thanked this post
    Likes Fly, HAN, Barthax, HugDD liked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,863
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Can anyone estimate in theory how long this score would take to get if possible? The question is relevant, because the multiple credits are only allowed when marathoning or testing endurance. People for example could just play 5 hrs worth of pacman, stitch their scores together and beat billy mitchel. Back then a marathon by definition was 24 hours, whereas now its 12 hrs (since i'm talking about things before my time, i guess its possible back then it was 12 hrs too and my info is wrong). If this score would take nowhere near 12hrs then we dont have to consider the marathon possibility. If it would take that long though, then the marathon idea becomes more plausible.
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,863
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Can anyone estimate in theory how long this score would take to get if possible? The question is relevant, because the multiple credits are only allowed when marathoning or testing endurance. People for example could just play 5 hrs worth of pacman, stitch their scores together and beat billy mitchel. Back then a marathon by definition was 24 hours, whereas now its 12 hrs (since i'm talking about things before my time, i guess its possible back then it was 12 hrs too and my info is wrong). If this score would take nowhere near 12hrs then we dont have to consider the marathon possibility. If it would take that long though, then the marathon idea becomes more plausible.
    should've set people COUDLDNT just play 5 hrs worth of pacman ....
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,199
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: gga_han
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Time-wise, it took me about 45 minutes to get 677k on this run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGmA_nBl020

...so time would be roughly 9-10 times this if a 6 million + score was possible. Not really sure why the score-stitching thing should be considered, as there is no way that would fly in TGSAP. This score would be unbeatable in a singe credit, and if not removed, at least stipulate that the games were strung together to test the players marathon-ing skills.
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,491

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    View Channel: danman123456
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    This has GOT to be a typo. Also you cant just say "Well multiple credits were allowed" back in the day and expect that to fly now. You don't get to just start adding up multiple attempts and come up with a score and go "Well back in the day". Come on this is cut and dry all. The game maxes out. We have to stop this nonsense about "maybe some PCB out there doesnt".... IF we use this attitude NO score will ever be corrected. I mean perhaps a higgs boson smashed the PCB right as I completed a level and got a 10 million point bonus in DK? Pffttt lets try and be rationale all please. :)
    Dan Desjardins
    Likes HAN liked this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,863
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I think people misinterpreted my point about marathon stitched scores. I wasnt saying this was acceptable, just the opposite, I was saying even by the old rules it wouldnt fly back then. The old rules only allowed stitches scores for marathon endurance tests. As this was less than 12 hrs, it was not an endurance run. Therefore we dont even have to consider the possibility of a stitched score as that was against the rules even then for a score like this.
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
    Likes danman1234, HAN liked this post
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 10,765
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: magrinder
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    69 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by danman1234 View Post
    This has GOT to be a typo. Also you cant just say "Well multiple credits were allowed" back in the day and expect that to fly now.
    For clarity, I'm for a complete database reset. Save the old data for posterity, but more forward with only proof driven data. This eliminates any question at all regarding scoreboard integrity. It would allow for a fresh start and a clean foundation. Some, TG included, don't care for this idea at all. I accept that. We have what we have.

My comment related to how will TG handle scores submitted by the rules in the past that clearly don't fall into place with the current set of rules. There is no good answer. They have not commented, though their approach will be evident soon enough depending as to how they approach these current disputes.

I agree, this score in this specific dispute isn't at all valid.

Thanks HAN thanked this post
    Likes HAN, gstrain liked this post
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,199
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: gga_han
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Bumping this to see if anyone else has any input for (or against) this dispute claim.
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,491

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    View Channel: danman123456
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    For clarity, I'm for a complete database reset. Save the old data for posterity, but more forward with only proof driven data. This eliminates any question at all regarding scoreboard integrity. It would allow for a fresh start and a clean foundation. Some, TG included, don't care for this idea at all. I accept that. We have what we have.

My comment related to how will TG handle scores submitted by the rules in the past that clearly don't fall into place with the current set of rules. There is no good answer. They have not commented, though their approach will be evident soon enough depending as to how they approach these current disputes.

I agree, this score in this specific dispute isn't at all valid.
    I completely agree anything pre-TGSAP needs to be moved to some archived status and move on. There are just to many issues of scores that were just simply people lying we now know about and too many questions on a lot of others. Leave all of those for the historical aspect and lets move on. This would be SO much better. Mixing TGSAP scores in with Legacy scores just seems off to me.

This score is not possible as several times its been showing the score does not roll-over and anyone trying to "stitch" scores together is utter nonsense (even back in the day I don't agree with it regardless it its just trying to see how long you can play the game).
    Dan Desjardins
    Likes HAN liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us