thread

Dispute: Pete Hahn - Arcade - Green Beret - Points - Player: Michael Robertson - Score: 6166500

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,491

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: danman123456
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by danman1234 View Post
    I completely agree anything pre-TGSAP needs to be moved to some archived status and move on. There are just to many issues of scores that were just simply people lying we now know about and too many questions on a lot of others. Leave all of those for the historical aspect and lets move on. This would be SO much better. Mixing TGSAP scores in with Legacy scores just seems off to me.

This score is not possible as several times its been showing the score does not roll-over and anyone trying to "stitch" scores together is utter nonsense (even back in the day I don't agree with it regardless it its just trying to see how long you can play the game).
    To clarify the "simply people lying" the 3M Donkey Kong score is the one I am referring too. Certainly there must have been others as he could not have been the only one and a fair number of scores have since been removed from TG but how many weren't? Its really hard to try and weed thru all of that. They still get a place on the leaderboard but others will be able to compete within the TGSAP boundaries and that makes the most sense to me and I would hope a lot of others as well if asked.
    Dan Desjardins
  2. VERIFIED COMMISSIONER Credibility: 8,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Just for the purposes of discussion, would anyone like to suggest two sets of rules for this game?

A set consistent with how this was done, assuming the score was possible by the means suggested here.

A set we would use now if the track was created for the first time.
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,199
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: gga_han
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksett View Post
    Just for the purposes of discussion, would anyone like to suggest two sets of rules for this game?

A set consistent with how this was done, assuming the score was possible by the means suggested here.

A set we would use now if the track was created for the first time.
    Sorry for not responding sooner to this...

It doesn't make sense for 2 tracks to happen for this title, in my opinion.

Since a maxout score of 999,999 would take less than 2 hours, what would be the point of playing or tracking play after that?

I'd either completely remove this score or possibly see if the ref who entered this remembers what the score should have been, as it's possibly a typo...616,650 or 616,500 - both really good scores for this game.
  4. VERIFIED COMMISSIONER Credibility: 8,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    All of the evidence here points to the game maxing out. Thanks for all the effort people have put into this.

I cannot see any reference to continues being possible in the operator's manual.

From the old rules established on 17 June 1983, and posted in 2015 by 1500points:

Dead End Games and Double-Starts

Many games have a pre-programmed end. When players first discovered these dead-ends, they solved the problem by starting over again and adding the two scores together. This kind of score is referred to as a double start.

Some players have reached the dead-ends many times at a single sitting and have even submitted triple-starts and quadruple-starts.

The Twin Galaxies International Scoreboard will no longer accept multiple start scores and encourages players to make world records by scoring the most points possible before the dead-end. This policy guarantees quality of play instead of quantity of time.

If this score is a typo, it is impossible to determine which digit is the extra one.
    If the score was a 'double-start' to overcome the limitations of gaining a high score on a capped game, then it did not follow TG's rules at the time, as the score was set nearly two years later.

Based on these two points above, I am ready to accept this dispute as valid. Please post here if I am missing something.
    Thanks DadsGlasses, HAN thanked this post
    Likes DadsGlasses, danman1234, d3scride, HAN liked this post
  5. VERIFIED COMMISSIONER Credibility: 8,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    This dispute is accepted based on the points above, and is being removed from the database.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Join us