thread

Dispute: Simon Leitch - iOS - Candy Crush Saga - World 1: Episode 1: Candy Town: Level 1 - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 19,760

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 255
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 12,598
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texarkana
    Posts
    3,397
    Thanks (Received)
    1359
    Likes (Received)
    3083
    Blog Entries
    82
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: idesidious
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    65 Thread(s)
    Follows
    61
    Following
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by starcrytas View Post
    I believe what was meant in the ruling was that you may not use purchased boosters or select boosters before starting the level. The rules say, "You may NOT use Boosters or your record/attempt will be disqualified!" which technically means that, for example, if you get a 4 in a row striped candy, you cannot use it. Even as you play the game purposely avoiding the booster, the game can drop candies to activate the booster.
    So really the rules are at fault and it's not some crazy big scandal? How scandalous!
    The Fisher King
    Likes HugDD, datagod liked this post
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 29,020
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,500
    Thanks (Received)
    2877
    Likes (Received)
    1768
    Blog Entries
    8
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    70 Thread(s)
    Follows
    19
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by starcrytas View Post
    I believe what was meant in the ruling was that you may not use purchased boosters or select boosters before starting the level. The rules say, "You may NOT use Boosters or your record/attempt will be disqualified!" which technically means that, for example, if you get a 4 in a row striped candy, you cannot use it. Even as you play the game purposely avoiding the booster, the game can drop candies to activate the booster.
    This comment should be ignored by those who are not prone to hiding their heads in the sand.

    I have already explained the fundamental difference between the Colour Bomb (the default "booster") and the various "striped candies":-

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post
    The only banned items are the "boosters", presumably because they are not available to all players, in equal numbers, at all times. So, allowing their use would give some players an unjust advantage over others.

    The enhanced items ("striped candies"?) are evidently part of the game's bonus system, so they appear in everyone's games. The rules make no reference to them, and that's fine by me.
    Comments from people who can't read and look at evidence properly are not welcome, here.
  3. VERIFIED Honored Veteran Credibility: 27,310


    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    No' 'ere
    Posts
    20,179
    Thanks (Received)
    6544
    Likes (Received)
    6417
    Blog Entries
    133
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: barthax
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)
    Follows
    86
    Following
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post
    Comments from people who can't read and look at evidence properly are not welcome, here.
    Comments like yours are even less welcome. Stick to the facts, repeat if necessary.

    Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake, Desidious, datagod liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 29,020
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,500
    Thanks (Received)
    2877
    Likes (Received)
    1768
    Blog Entries
    8
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    70 Thread(s)
    Follows
    19
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Comments like yours are even less welcome.
    I'm sure that this entire dispute is not welcome, to many. That is just too bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Stick to the facts, repeat if necessary.
    That is exactly what I did, so your advice is unnecessary.
  5. VERIFIED Honored Veteran Credibility: 27,310


    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    No' 'ere
    Posts
    20,179
    Thanks (Received)
    6544
    Likes (Received)
    6417
    Blog Entries
    133
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: barthax
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)
    Follows
    86
    Following
    78
    Getting all my ducks in a row...

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post
    I assume that, by "bauble", you are referring to the Colour Bomb. In which case, you are wrong. If you look at Mr Rodrigo Lopes's current Candy Crush submission, you will observe that the Colour Bomb appears at the very start of his game, so is not the result of any gameplay. Lining up five normal items makes the player's selected "booster", which is not necessarily the Colour Bomb, appear.
    I see my mistake (in this thread only) now. I followed the above link and interpreted it as the submitted link (which it is not). The OP-linked submission is free from what is saw in the currently live submission link as quoted above.

    The one under question is at http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...-Rodrigo-Lopes and Snowflake correctly snapshots that one as being valid.

    AD: if you're going to convince people otherwise, can you at pinpoint the time(s) in the original video where the violation is made.

    Sorry for the blinding confusions I've made, folks.

    Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Thanks datagod, HugDD thanked this post
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 29,020
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,500
    Thanks (Received)
    2877
    Likes (Received)
    1768
    Blog Entries
    8
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    70 Thread(s)
    Follows
    19
    Following
    0
    [QUOTE=Snowflake;912122]Guess am I just not seeing something?[QUOTE]"Boosters" appear when a player lines up 5 identical items, as seen in this submission's game.

    For an example of an appearance of a "booster", at the very start of a game, you may look at Mr Rodrigo Lopes's current Candy Crush submission.
  7. VERIFIED Honored Veteran Credibility: 27,310


    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    No' 'ere
    Posts
    20,179
    Thanks (Received)
    6544
    Likes (Received)
    6417
    Blog Entries
    133
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: barthax
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)
    Follows
    86
    Following
    78
    [QUOTE=Almighty Dreadlock;912153][QUOTE=Snowflake;912122]Guess am I just not seeing something?
    "Boosters" appear when a player lines up 5 identical items, as seen in this submission's game.

    For an example of an appearance of a "booster", at the very start of a game, you may look at Mr Rodrigo Lopes's current Candy Crush submission.
    That submission is still live and has no direct evidence towards the disputed submission. Where in the disputed submission is the evidence you are referring to: what time point in the disputed video evidence should we look at?

    Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 29,020
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,500
    Thanks (Received)
    2877
    Likes (Received)
    1768
    Blog Entries
    8
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    70 Thread(s)
    Follows
    19
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Where in the disputed submission is the evidence you are referring to: what time point in the disputed video evidence should we look at?
    At 12:18, option to select "boosters" appears:-

    4.png


    Since Mr Lopes plays a lot of Candy Crush, he has earned 8 Colour Bombs. Since he did not select the other "booster", of which he earned 4, the Colour Bomb was selected by default. Mr Lopes could have avoided the Colour Bomb's being selected, a fact established in this thread. He is therefore playing with an advantage over anyone who does not have 8 Colour Bombs.
  9. VERIFIED Honored Veteran Credibility: 27,310


    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    No' 'ere
    Posts
    20,179
    Thanks (Received)
    6544
    Likes (Received)
    6417
    Blog Entries
    133
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: barthax
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)
    Follows
    86
    Following
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post
    At 12:18, option to select "boosters" appears:-

    4.png


    Since Mr Lopes plays a lot of Candy Crush, he has earned 8 Colour Bombs. Since he did not select the other "booster", of which he earned 4, the Colour Bomb was selected by default. Mr Lopes could have avoided the Colour Bomb's being selected, a fact established in this thread. He is therefore playing with an advantage over anyone who does not have 8 Colour Bombs.
    I agree that the option to use them is there but your screen shot also proves he didn't use them. Instead of selecting a booster he selects to play.

    Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 29,020
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,500
    Thanks (Received)
    2877
    Likes (Received)
    1768
    Blog Entries
    8
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    70 Thread(s)
    Follows
    19
    Following
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    I agree that the option to use them is there but your screen shot also proves he didn't use them. Instead of selecting a booster he selects to play.
    On the contrary. By not getting rid of the "boosters", as explained in this thread, he has opted to play with the default "booster", which is the Colour Bomb.

    The Colour Bomb appears in his game, after he lines up five of the yellow, teardrop shaped items:-

    5.png


    Colour Bomb seen here, just before he uses it:-

    1.png


    This is the point at which he uses the Colour Bomb:-

    2.png


    It's not rocket science. The Colour Bomb has been identified as a "booster", and it is clear that it has been used. The process by which Mr Lopes inadvertently opted to do so has been explained.
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Join us