thread

Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - Golden Axe (Genesis Version) - NTSC - Points

User Tag List

Donate and help activate this track:

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to vote this track.
  1. VERIFIED Member Credibility: 3,144
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - Golden Axe (Genesis Version) - NTSC - Points

PlatformSega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive
    Game NameGolden Axe (Genesis Version)
    DescriptionNTSC - Points
    Score TypePoints Int
    RulesSingle Player Only, Arcade Mode, 3 Life Bars, Any Controller Configuration, May Freely Choose Any Available Character [No Codes or Continues Allowed!] You MUST complete the game or your record/attempt will be disqualified.[Please note that you may use either the Original Cartridge or the 6-Pak cartridge for your attempt.]
  2. VERIFIED Member Credibility: 3,144
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Hey folks,

Not planning on playing this one myself but was looking through the scoreboard and thought it should be added.
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 48,939
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    44 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I see the other tracks for this title, both NTSC and PAL, are for speed runs. I'm not sure if stating (Genesis Version) is necessary, as it's already part of the platform title. However, the one objective that seems out of place is the requirement to complete the game. You're playing for points, not reaching the end. Also, once the game's over, there're two potential numbers that may be used for scoring that both usually end with one digit after the decimal: 1)Total score, and 2)Strength. These are some things to consider.

Have a great weekend Troy! :)

-Duc
    My best streamed game of Centipede: https://secure.twitch.tv/gallopinggh...ade/v/51955812 (786k, clean, no cussing for those who may be concerned)

Nothing should be enough for people to vote world records or other records. Completely insane practise. -Janutzska

I guess it's about trying to live a life where I'm not contributing to the cruelty in the world... While I am on this planet, I want everyone I meet to know that I am grateful they are here. - Jessica Chastain
  4. VERIFIED Member Credibility: 3,144
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HugDD View Post
    I see the other tracks for this title, both NTSC and PAL, are for speed runs. I'm not sure if stating (Genesis Version) is necessary, as it's already part of the platform title. However, the one objective that seems out of place is the requirement to complete the game. You're playing for points, not reaching the end. Also, once the game's over, there're two potential numbers that may be used for scoring that both usually end with one digit after the decimal: 1)Total score, and 2)Strength. These are some things to consider.

Have a great weekend Troy! :)

-Duc
    Hey Duc

When I inputed the title in it auto selected Genesis Only and I thought there might be some reason for that so I let it go. Its probably not necessary. ;)

Completely forgot about the strength score at the end. This is not one I play, was just trying to add something to the database!
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 17,302
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Troy!

I totally agree with HugDD, regarding "(Genesis version)", "MUST complete the game", "one digit after decimal" (the format for this track is correct?), and about "Total Score x Strength".
    I'm sure that Strength is the best option, and it need to be in the rules.
    TRB_MetroidTeam
    Metroid Team, from Brazil
    Thanks HugDD thanked this post