thread

Dispute: Matthew Felix - Game Boy / Game Boy Color - The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Fastest Completion - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 01:22:57.0

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 2,589
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    45 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Your right though I must not have any credibility being that I NEVER been banned from ANY site for cheating!!!!
    Listed in Multiple Books and Magazines, I guess that don't matter
    I mean people must not have any faith in me sending me CASH, Board sets, and Cabinets?????
    People have PAID for my trips to events the few I gone to outside of retro expos in Vegas
    I don't play the same game on 4000 different settings I think you got me there I have no credibility in Padding!!!!!

I guess I cannot play anything having over 140 SOLID World records a few in the 10-11 yer unbeaten mark
    regains in the 95% or more percentile after losing a score on rare occasions

You are absolutely right I have no credibility
    I guess flying 3000 miles to prove a turbo control was never used counts as cheating and bogus huh????
    and of course me going live on a game with 57k in viewers for 23 hours really has no merit right????
    I think also we should note a Settle It on the screen co host, being my CO Host and Partner on my own radio show means nothing either we are doing 14th episode this week....

But you see nobody likes me and I cannot play anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean many of the CAG and Retro people are also friends with me on FB and we do meet up chat and hang

Facts I never been accused of cheating except for using a screen shot on a 3rd party site I admitted to in 1 hr lol

I never been banned from ANY site to submit scores BECAUSE of cheating

I never had my Business practices or loyalty questioned

I never stole

I never did anything Illegal

CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. VERIFIED COMMISSIONER Credibility: 8,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Please return to topic. You have 20 seconds to comply.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ed209.jpg  
    Likes JasonV91, Barthax, HugDD, HAN liked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,024
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    63 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by starcrytas View Post
    I'm not sure what TG would want to do.

I think that since Super Game Boy is banned for a track like this, the speedrun should be removed from the scoreboard. If others aren't able to use SGB for speedruns here, then why should Rodrigo Lopes be an exception?

Anyone else have any thoughts on what to do?
    I don't think it's really fair to punish Rodrigo when it was not known at the time about the timing differences. I think an exception should be made in this case with the time adjusted.
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 18,267
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: starcrytas
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    This run was verified in 2006
    However, in 2005, it was discovered that the Super Game Boy is about 2.4% faster than normal.

See this post and posts around this time:
    http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...l=1#post583813

Not sure when the official ruling was made.
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,024
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    63 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    This run was verified in 2006
    However, in 2005, it was discovered that the Super Game Boy is about 2.4% faster than normal.

See this post and posts around this time:
    http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...l=1#post583813

Not sure when the official ruling was made.
    Guessing the ruling was made after the score was accepted or possibly verified in 2006 is wrong
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 18,267
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: starcrytas
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Siliconian View Post
    Do you forgot to take your madness pills this morning?

I never submited scores for other site, the speed demos archive members hate me because he want I submit my scores to they, I never did it because they call me cheater and many other thing since the beggining , like you are doing.

I never used TAS or other cheates devices, all my records was verified by Senior referees, Robert Mruczec, Kelly Frewin and Walter Day, do you need other more trustable referee to believe?

I had problems with Tom Duncan and Scott Stilphen too, I don't care if you are trying to boring me, peoples like you don't have credibility anywhere, because you don't have skills to play absolutely nothing, so you like to show the spectable to the public trying to unmask cheater games or make troubles in forums (to have some gaming activite, right?), no one likes you since ever, then we have to put up with.
    Rodrigo, Rudy is referring to the bottom of this link:
    http://www.ataricompendium.com/game_...gh_scores.html

It says that YOU cheated and "Senior Referee" Robert Mruczek allowed it to happen.
    We can take this to another topic if you care to explain this since we're getting way off topic now.
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,875
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    as this was pre-tgsap there really is no punishment to anyone. removal of the score isnt a punishment, its a correction, and i think the difference is a lot more than just semantics. fixing things when possible is the right thing to do. banning, now that would be a punishement, stripping other scores as a result would be a punishment. I dont think the call to remove a score though is the same thing as a punishment. also, i dont think even if cheating were proven a punishment would happen since everyone starts with a clean slate. girard cheated under the old system and was welcome back (until he cheated under the new system). its my understandings the are no punishments for things that happened on the old systems -- and i think thats a wise move on jace's part. that doesnt mean there should be no corrections though.
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
    Likes sdwyer138 liked this post
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 16,237
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Rodrigo, Rudy is referring to the bottom of this link:
    http://www.ataricompendium.com/game_...gh_scores.html

It says that YOU cheated and "Senior Referee" Robert Mruczek allowed it to happen.
    We can take this to another topic if you care to explain this since we're getting way off topic now.
    I never saw this site Atari Compendium before, probably it is Scott Stilphen admin or someone than hate me, I don't care what these guys says, like happen in SDA forums.

This trouble started when I broke some Atari 2600 records, like Pitfall!, Decathlon and many others games using the emulator ALLOWED BY TWIN GALAXIES! Around 10+ years ago the atari emulator was pcae win, today is stella.

So, many guys like Scott Stilphen and other haters started his attacks against me, "Rodrigo is a cheater" "fake records" 'impossible records" and blablabla, so, the Atari records was splited for consoles and emulators and the problem was solved.

Today, many of my Atari records was beaten, like almost all Decathlon records, Pitfall! was tied, this proof than my "impossible", "fake", "cheat" scores can be beat, so there's nothing wrong in my old scores, the peoples don't believe what can't see.

It is very easy to PM me or post a forum message: "Rodrigo, you are a cheater, your record in Zelda II (NES) is fake, your record is impossible, we don't believe in your record" but when Kristian Emanuelsen beat my record many peoples gave to him "Congratulations" Awesome Record" etc, ....He diserve, he is an excellent player.

And me.....after the record I received a PM or a forum post saying: "Rodrigo, my apologies....." no, never happened!

There's nothing wrong in my Atari scores....nothing, put here a impossible score for Atari done by me, say a game name?

They don't believe because they don't watched the videos, they need to see to believe or they will proclame you a cheater!
    Rodrigo Lopes
    Former Twin Galaxies Referee
    Metroid Team Member from Brazil
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    If you want to have people believe your runs, you could just as well upload them you know... All the Zelda runs are outdated since long anyway, so why does it matter if you put them up for the world to see. Especially since there have been other fake runs for both TLoZ and ALttP, not just TSA, in the past. And the fact that what you did upload were just end minutes which were rather pointless to show.

So you could easily make people trust you if you want. Why hold it back unless you have something to hide?
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,083
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: wescopeland
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Tompa View Post
    If you want to have people believe your runs, you could just as well upload them you know... All the Zelda runs are outdated since long anyway, so why does it matter if you put them up for the world to see. Especially since there have been other fake runs for both TLoZ and ALttP, not just TSA, in the past. And the fact that what you did upload were just end minutes which were rather pointless to show.

So you could easily make people trust you if you want. Why hold it back unless you have something to hide?
    TGH who? Zorlax who? It's not an OFFICIAL world record unless it's here sir.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Join us