8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Commodore 64 - Lady Bug - EMU - Points - - 77,850 - Daniel Desjardins

EMU - Points -
    Score Trackhttp://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=37647
    RulesUnknown publisher, unknown release date version.
    Submission MessageCommodore 64 - EMU - Lady Bug - 77,850
    Played with Gamebase64 V13 - Lady Bug Game Disk File Used
    Played on Vice 2.4 EMU - PAL 50FPS shown.
    Played with X-Arcade Tankstick.
    No Cheats/Trainers Used.

NOTE: Gamebase64 used. I start the game. Reset to default settings.
    Setup Joystick. Save settings. Immediately start new game.
    This was all captured as well as startup.
    Score Attempt starts at 28:53
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C64_Ladybug_77850_DFD.png  
    Thanks jjt_defender thanked this post
    Likes jjt_defender liked this post
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 44,449

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    @ 2:37 you're actually speeding up the emulator to account for your dropping frames. That's not a good thing ;)

You should address the problem - Your recording program. The emulator has to stay at defaults.
    Thanks nads, jjt_defender thanked this post
    Likes nads, Barthax, jjt_defender liked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,497

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: danman123456
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I'm gonna try CCS64 next. Only becomes an issue with some games and only when streaming which is why i think OBS has something to do with the Framerate. Still its running 100% at 50FPS at that point I am starting to think that option doesn't do a whole lot of anything. :/
    Dan Desjardins
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 44,449

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    It's definitely OBS that's dropping your speed. @kernzyp had the same issue, I believe. You should ask him what he did to resolve it, rather than using a different emulator. VICE was chosen as the "official" emulator to use. Using a different one, even though it's a good one, is asking for trouble in the future.. "He used that alternative emulator, so why can't I use this alternative one?" yada yada. Plus, everyone is on the same page using VICE. Adjudicators know what to look for. More emulators, more problems.

It only does it on some games, so it's not that bad. You can choose another of the hundreds in the database. If it's a game you really want to compete on, you can always use a different recording program for the problem game...That may actually be what Paul did to resolve the issue for him.
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,497

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    View Channel: danman123456
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    It's definitely OBS that's dropping your speed. @kernzyp had the same issue, I believe. You should ask him what he did to resolve it, rather than using a different emulator. VICE was chosen as the "official" emulator to use. Using a different one, even though it's a good one, is asking for trouble in the future.. "He used that alternative emulator, so why can't I use this alternative one?" yada yada. Plus, everyone is on the same page using VICE. Adjudicators know what to look for. More emulators, more problems.

It only does it on some games, so it's not that bad. You can choose another of the hundreds in the database. If it's a game you really want to compete on, you can always use a different recording program for the problem game...That may actually be what Paul did to resolve the issue for him.
    I am using Vice and that setting just tells Vice how to render DirectX on the PC (at least that is what it says "render directx to primary surface") If it makes the emulator run a little faster as you say so that it can keep up with the overhead of OBS and run at 100% what is the concern? The defaults are still set and you know exactly what I changed to "fix" performance right?
    Dan Desjardins
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 44,449

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    It speeds it up a bit, but is it evening the emulator out, or is it running slightly faster? Adjudicators shouldn't have to figure that out. Also, similar to my above comment, if you change this setting, someone else may want to change another setting.. It's best to just stick with the defaults, which were agreed upon, and that everyone else uses. It ensures a level playing field.

Unless you're going to comment again, we both made our points. Now adjudicators can read what we wrote and vote however they feel is right.
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,179
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: Kernzyp
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Hey chaps,
    I voted yes.
    So should everybody else. Dropped frames once in a while is not cheating.
    Boasting the largest collection of pac-man related games, hacks and clones on all formats:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...rssgY8MYXKtfiU

BOMB JACK tournament record beaten with 1 life:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWXxHNjy7QQ

Learn to play BOMB JACK playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwXn...6AF1BC&index=2

Only gamer to get extra man on 1st. floor on Kung Fu Master:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_mkh-jeIJo
    Thanks danman1234 thanked this post
    Likes danman1234 liked this post
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,179
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: Kernzyp
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    If it happens to me again in the future, I'll record externally.
    Boasting the largest collection of pac-man related games, hacks and clones on all formats:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...rssgY8MYXKtfiU

BOMB JACK tournament record beaten with 1 life:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWXxHNjy7QQ

Learn to play BOMB JACK playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwXn...6AF1BC&index=2

Only gamer to get extra man on 1st. floor on Kung Fu Master:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_mkh-jeIJo
  9. VERIFIED FORUM RESTRICTED Credibility: 26,830
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Accepted
    Game Starts is at 28:54 of the video Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	546.6 KB 
ID:	40585
    Game settings Begin at :01- Click image for larger version. 

Views:	77 
Size:	534.3 KB 
ID:	40582

Get a Extra life by Spelling out the Word is at 31:41 of the video Score 22,170Click image for larger version. 

Size:	637.4 KB 
ID:	40589

Commodore 64 - Lady Bug - EMU - Points - - 77,850 Final Score is at 39:09 & 39:31 of the video Game Initials DFDClick image for larger version. 

Views:	76 
Size:	640.5 KB 
ID:	40587
    Click image for larger version. 

Size:	591.8 KB 
ID:	40588

JJT_Defender Johnny World Champion & Worlds Best & # 1 Racer, 1st Place on the Modern Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 43 Cities, & 7 Years Created by Raw Thrills & Owned By Eugene Jarvis Vid Kidz Williams,Midway & Creator of Cruis'n Series & Defender Many More.

These are Just Stats for my Record Keeping Log been their More than a Year

Submission Points 13,656 + 60 for Sponsor = 13,716

I JJT Johnny Correctly Adjudicated 13,716 Video Game Submissions at .9978% Percent Accuracy

Adjudicated Video Game Submissions I JJT Johnny Got Wrong a Total of 29 in Twin Galaxy's Adjudication Archives Accepted, Rejected & Cancel Archives
    2 Video Game Submissions were Over Turned in Dispute
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.png   image.png  
  10. VERIFIED FORUM RESTRICTED Credibility: 26,830
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Game information
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Bug_(video_game)

A ladybug who dies will shrink from view and be briefly replaced with icons resembling the stereotypical wings and halo of an angel.

The colors of the hearts and letters cycle through a short red, a middling yellow, and a longer blue. The point values are as follows:

Flower: 10 points (20, 30, or 50 points with appropriate multiplier)
    Blue letter/heart: 100 points (200, 300, or 500 points with appropriate multiplier)
    Yellow letter/heart: 300 points (600, 900, or 1500 points with appropriate multiplier)
    Red letter/heart: 800 points (1600, 2400, or 4000 points with appropriate multiplier)
    Vegetable: Starts at 1000 points, increases by 500 with each level to a maximum of 9500 points on level 18. Beyond this level, the vegetable's appearance (horseradish) and point value remain fixed.
    If a heart is consumed while it is blue, a point multiplier will come into effect, indicated by the blue section in the upper right corner of the screen. The first blue heart doubles all point values, the second triples them and the third quintuples them. This multiplier lasts until the level is complete. Eating hearts while they are yellow or red offers no benefit beyond the points collected.

At each level, the maze will contain three letters. The first will be randomly selected from the set of {X, T, R} (which appear only in EXTRA), the second will be randomly selected from the set of {S, P, C, I, L} (which appear only in SPECIAL), and the third will be an A or an E (which appear in both words). A secondary goal of the player is to complete the words SPECIAL (indicated in red in the top left corner) and EXTRA (in yellow at top center). If, for example, a letter S is consumed while it is red, the corresponding letter in the word SPECIAL will change from grey to red. Eating an S while it is any other color (or if the S in SPECIAL is already red) offers no benefit beyond the points collected. Completing the word SPECIAL rewards the player with a free game, while completing EXTRA gives the player an extra life. Completing either word causes all its letters to return to normal and immediately advances the player to the next level.

The vegetables associated with the first 18 levels and their corresponding point values are: 1 - cucumber (1000), 2 - eggplant (1500), 3 - carrot (2000), 4 - radish (2500), 5 - parsley (3000), 6 - tomato (3500), 7 - pumpkin (4000), 8 - bamboo shoot (4500), 9 - Japanese radish (5000), 10 - mushroom (5500), 11 - potato (6000), 12 - onion (6500), 13 - Chinese cabbage (7000), 14 - turnip (7500), 15 - red peper (8000) [note that the name is misspelled in the game], 16 - celery (8500), 17 - sweet potato (9000), 18 - horseradish (9500).
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us