Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

MGLXXXIII - Arcade Breakfast - eSports CAG

Hi Gamers,

Welcome to MGLXXXIII, the third CAG tournament of four in the first ever Classic Arcade Gaming World Championships. If you haven't gamed already that's OK, you are welcome to join in any time.

Please watch the Tube below for important details ...

Competition:
    The gamer with the highest points in this tournament will be the MGL33 champion. There will be 9 games played over 9 weeks, released one week at a time, competing world wide on the most challenging classic arcade video games. Games are only open for 17 days each, so gamers must play their best in that time and post their scores before the game is closed. At the end of each MGL, points will be accumulated for each gamer toward the CAG World Championship 2017 Scoreboard. The highest score after the four MGLs will be the undisputed CAG World Champion for 2017.

Prizes:
    Every gamer that plays all of the games has the chance to win the mystery prize. So if there are 9 games and you play and submit for all 9, then if you are drawn from the pool of qualifiers, then you will win all of the prizes. Whether you finish in the top half or the lower half in the tournament, you have a chance to win. Prizes will be cash and/or CAG memorabilia. In MGL33, the mystery prize will be 5 x mystery prizes.

Point system:
    The incremental point system will be used for each game. 1st place will earn 100 points, 2nd place 99 points, 3rd place 98 points and so on. All gamers will earn competition points for their scores. If there is a tie on the overall scoreboard, then a head to head game win count will be used to determine the final placings. For example, if two players tie for 18th place in the world, then whoever has scored higher per game on a head to head basis will earn 18th place and the other gamer will earn 19th place.

Games:
    Games are nominated by the competitors and sent by PM to the Gamemaster. Games must be selected from 1976 to 1990 and no trackball or steering wheel games are to be nominated. The number of games that can be nominated by each competitor in MGL33 is in the You Tube video. The games to be played in the competition will be randomly drawn from the pool of nominations. Only unique games will be in the pool, as there will be no duplications from nominations. The order of game play will be determined by the Gamemaster and each game will be released weekly for competition.

If you would like to nominate games and have a say in what is played, please send them by private message (PM) to OOO by midnight Sydney time Thursday 17-Aug. The number of games you can nominate are in the Tube. The first two games will commence on Friday 18-Aug.

The following games are excluded from MGL33 and cannot be nominated: 10 Yard Fight, Anteater, Asteroids, Astro Invader, Bubbles, Circus Charlie, Donkey Kong, Frogger, Guzzler, Hammerin Harry, Joust, Jr Pac-man, Mario Bros, Moon Patrol, Mr Do!, Nibbler, Pac-man, Pooyan, Qix, Radical Radial, Rainbow Islands, Rygar, Scramble, Section Z, Shinobi, Space Invaders Part II, Turtles and Wonder Boy.

Settings:
    The game settings will be posted in each game thread and gamers must ensure they compete on these settings only. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing allowed. No auto fire allowed. No cheats allowed.

The WolfMAME version 0.106 is highly recommended, however any later version can be used. Only the version 0.106 ROM set will be posted for each game and the equivalent for other MAME versions can be used.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

Submissions:
    Gamers are to post a screenshot/photo showing their score with initials in the game thread at TG. Games are only open for 17 days and any score submissions made after the game is closed by the Gamemaster will not be accepted. Scores at twingalaxies.com will be combined with scores from aussiearcade.com to form the world championship scoreboard.

Gamers:
    Professional and casual gamers can play all or just some of the games. Gamers do not need to nominate games to play, they can play any game during the tournament. Streaming games and posting/sharing tips is encouraged, as is friendly banter in the gaming community. Striving for PBs, learning and playing the best you can are all highly encouraged. As all members at TG are registered, there is no additional registration process for the championships.

Good gaming and good luck to all competitors.

OOO
    Last edited by OOO; 08-11-2017 at 07:47 AM.
    Likes Marco1019, Barra, TBE liked this post
  2. Junior Member Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

PG3 - MGL33 - NOM3

Hey. I can not send private messages I will send here.
    1. Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun (Japan) - (kuniokun)
    2. Snow Bros. - Nick & Tom (set 2) - (snowbrosa)
    3. Momoko 120% (bootleg) - (momokob)
    Can be game clones? It is a pity that you can not nominate until 1993. Maybe on MGL34? Sorry for my english, but I'm using google translator.
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,255
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by PG3 View Post
    Hey. I can not send private messages I will send here.
    1. Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun (Japan) - (kuniokun)
    2. Snow Bros. - Nick & Tom (set 2) - (snowbrosa)
    3. Momoko 120% (bootleg) - (momokob)
    Can be game clones? It is a pity that you can not nominate until 1993. Maybe on MGL34? Sorry for my english, but I'm using google translator.
    Hi PG3,

Games can be clones. That is OK.

Welcome to the tournament!

What language are you translating from?
  4. Junior Member Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by OOO View Post
    What language are you translating from?
    From Polish. And the second question you did not answer.
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,255
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by PG3 View Post
    From Polish. And the second question you did not answer.
    The MGL is a tournament for classic arcade games from 1976 to 1990, including MGL34, played in MAME or at the arcade.
  6. VERIFIED Junior Member Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    [ Congrats for the ELP background music on the clip !!! "Brain Salad Surgery" is still one of my favourites progressive works ! ]

Very interesting !
    Here in Italy we also use to do some "little" tournaments with almost the same rules [except that "9weeks-1 games per week-17days a game-four MGL(?!), which I still haven't fully understand...] and also Wolf106-based.
    Ok, then this year I'll try to involve the whole community of italian players signed up to TG (and tell those who are not yet registered to do so as soon as possible).

One question: 1976 and 1990 are "included" ?
    I mean, games like, for example, "Sea Wolf" ('76) and "Parodius Da!" ('90) could be accepted ?

[ I just asked this because we use to call our competition "80s Videogames Tournament" and to better identify *that* period I had always excluded games born before 1980 and after 1989... then, for example, "Galaxian" and "Mercs" were not allowed ]
    Last edited by MAC; 08-13-2017 at 12:11 AM.
    Likes OOO liked this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,255
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    [ Congrats for the ELP background music on the clip !!! "Brain Salad Surgery" is still one of my favourites progressive works ! ]

Very interesting !
    Here in Italy we also use to do some "little" tournaments with almost the same rules [except that "9weeks-1 games per week-17days a game-four MGL(?!), which I still haven't fully understand...] and also Wolf106-based.
    Ok, then this year I'll try to involve the whole community of italian players signed up to TG (and tell those who are not yet registered to do so as soon as possible).

One question: 1976 and 1990 are "included" ?
    I mean, games like, for example, "Sea Wolf" ('76) and "Parodius Da!" ('90) could be accepted ?

[ I just asked this because we use to call our competition "80s Videogames Tournament" and to better identify *that* period I had always excluded games born before 1980 and after 1989... then, for example, "Galaxian" and "Mercs" were not allowed ]
    Eccellente e benvenuto!

Thank you for your message.

The MGLXXXIII runs for 9 weeks (66 days). The first 2 games will be released on Friday 18-Aug at 11am Italian time. Every game will last for 17 days and gamers should post their scores as many times as possible at Twin Galaxies. After the 17 days is over the game is closed and gamers will receive points based on where they finish.

A new game is released every Friday at 11am Italian time. So Game 3 will be released on 25-Aug. Game 4 will be released on 1-Sep and so on until Game 9 on 6-Oct. Game 9 will finish on 22-Oct and the gamer with the highest points from all 9 games will be the MGLXXXIII champion. Daniel Larsen from Denmark is the champion of MGLXXXII.

All gamers that play and submit scores for all 9 games have a chance to win the mystery prize. It will be a lucky draw and one person will win all of the prizes.

It would be great if the whole Italian gaming community could play in the MGL. They are all welcome here at Twin Galaxies. If you have any more questions just make a post on this thread.

Yes, games from 1976 and 1990 are included.

---------

Grazie per il vostro messaggio.

Il MGLXXXIII funziona per 9 settimane (66 giorni). I primi 2 giochi verranno pubblicati venerdì 18 agosto alle ore 11 del mattino italiano. Ogni partita dura 17 giorni e i giocatori dovranno inviare i loro punteggi il più tante volte possibile alle Twin Galaxies. Dopo i 17 giorni il gioco è chiuso e i giocatori riceveranno punti in base a dove finiscono.

Un nuovo gioco viene pubblicato ogni venerdì alle ore 11 del mattino italiano. Così Game 3 sarà rilasciato il 25-ago. Game 4 sarà rilasciato il 1-Sep e così via fino a Game 9 il 6-Oct. Il gioco 9 finirà il 22 ottobre e il giocatore con i punti più alti di tutti e 9 i giochi sarà il MGLXXXIII del mondo. Daniel Larsen dalla Danimarca è il campione del mondo di MGLXXXII.

Tutti i giocatori che giocano e presentano punteggi per tutti e 9 i giochi hanno la possibilità di vincere il premio mistero. Sarà un sorteggio fortunato e una persona vincerà tutti i premi.

Sarebbe bello se l'intera comunità di gioco d'Italia possa giocare nel MGL. Sono tutti benvenuti qui a Twin Galaxies. Se hai altre domande, fai un post su questo thread.

Sì, i giochi del 1976 e del 1990 sono inclusi.

OOO
    Last edited by OOO; 08-13-2017 at 01:23 AM.
  8. VERIFIED Junior Member Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Paul, and thanks for the clarify !

Oh... then there were other two "rounds" (MGL) of 9 games each, before this one we're talking about right now... don't know as far as I didn not check around here for months...

Ok, Four rounds (MGL), about 260 days of competion, and it all started in March... It's a HUUUUGE Worldwide competition !

Well, I think I could "call" some italian players and let them him enter the MGL33... and, of course, we will propose some games for the 33 & 34.
    Likes OOO liked this post
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,255
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Hello World ...

Are you ready for MGLXXXIII?

Games start in 24 hours!
    Likes TBE liked this post
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,255
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    MGLXXXIII has begun ...

Play and post your scores in the threads below:

Game 1 - Bubble Bobble
    http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...(closes-3-Sep)

Game 2 - Galaga '88
    http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...(closes-3-Sep)

Good luck and good gaming!
    Last edited by OOO; 08-17-2017 at 11:25 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast